Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting QB against GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 4,559

Starting QB against GT

Oct 14, 2017, 12:55 AM

Bryant will NOT be 100 percent in two weeks, and we BETTER have answers on offense cause the next week is at Raleigh, say what you want, this thing could snowball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting QB against GT

Oct 14, 2017, 1:00 AM

If Cooper is the best we have. Get ready for 9-3 or 8-4. These coaches are saying that cooper out performed Johnson during the summer and fall camp. Put him in live action and you'll see! If we start cooper I hope we get thrashed so they will be forced to give HJ a shot in a game. Dabo's 1 major fault. How does T Lawrence feel about seniority? ?

Oct 14, 2017, 1:03 AM

I think we saw enough tonight to know that hunter should start

Oct 14, 2017, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Starting QB against GT ]

You hope we get thrashed?! You’re not even man enough to cheer for your own team (that is if you’re even a Clemson fan) because you’re so glued to your expert opinion on who the backup QB should be. You don’t care if we win or lose as long as you get your way. You must be a child because you sound like my 3 year old.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:01 PM

Nope! Not a child. This coaching staff is stubborn. The only way HJ gets on the field is if Cooper struggles badly against GT. If that's what it takes so be it. Another Cole Stout situation on our hands!!

Oct 14, 2017, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Starting QB against GT ]

If I were Hunter I could not get out of this situation fast enough. Dabo and his band are simply,y wrong on this one! and too stubborn to even give the kid a chance

If Cooper is the best we have. Get ready for 9-3 or 8-4. These coaches are saying that cooper out performed Johnson during the summer and fall camp. Put him in live action and you'll see! If we start cooper I hope we get thrashed so they will be forced to give HJ a shot in a game. Dabo's 1 major fault. How does T Lawrence feel about seniority? ?

It will be Cooper, because he was better than Johnson

in February. And because he's older. That seems to be the criteria according to our coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 14, 2017, 1:03 AM

If he's clear of concussion he will play (obviously)

The "news" explanation on the qb situation is concerning at best. I don't care what's happening at practice, ZC is NOT getting the job done "on the field". HJ (in limited action) looked very solid and WAY more confident

Jumping ahead, but this "stubborness" concerns me with TL coming next year. Because personally, I think he should play on day #1

For this year, let's hope KB gets 100% healthy quick

There's no way to know if TL will be the best candidate on

Oct 14, 2017, 1:06 AM

day 1.

How do you know Bryant won't be 100%?

Oct 14, 2017, 1:05 AM

He has 15 days to rest up compared to 6 days between the initial injury and the Cuse game.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:11 AM

Game plan for situation that does NOT include Bryant

Bryant could easily be a 100% in two weeks. He's by far

Oct 14, 2017, 1:11 AM

Our best option if he is.

Hopefully, it will create a sense of urgency in the other two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our

Oct 14, 2017, 1:15 AM

super frosh running back out, it is hard ot see how we will be Ga Tech or NC State. And then come FSU and SC. We could literally finish 7-5. What we have to do, however, is stay positive and push for a good finish with the best possible record. Right now, I'd be very pleased with 903 and a chance for a 10th win in the bowl. Frankly, I don's see us scoring enough to beat NC State or GT. We ar only going to have the ball for a minimal amount of time vs GT anyway.

Just have to stay positive, finish as best we can and have a good recruiting class. Trevor Lawrence is our best bet to get back to the playoffs.

It's not that hard to see us beating GT.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:19 AM

We can probably dominate their option attack like we did last year. I fully expect to see a good performance from the D in that game, and GT's defense is pretty average (though Cuse's is too and we made them look pretty darn good).

NC State is a different story because they are going to grind out drives on us and really make it tough on our defense. Fortunately Finley isn't really mobile so he shouldn't torch us every time the DL gets upfield like Dungey did tonight.

7-5? I'll take THAT bet***

Oct 14, 2017, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our

Oct 14, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our ]

All this with supposedly one of the best defenses in the country.! Wow!

Oct 14, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our ]

According to my calculations TL will be number 5 on the depth chart next year.

1. KB
2. DC
3. HI or 4. Chase Brice
5. TL

Dabo says deal with it.

Oh and Shaq Smith will be 3rd on the depth chart.

Oct 14, 2017, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Without our starting qb, fg kicker and now maybe our ]

According to my calculations TL will be number 5 on the depth chart next year.

1. KB
2. DC
3. HI or 4. Chase Brice
5. TL

Dabo says deal with it.

Oh and Shaq Smith will be 3rd on the depth chart.

Oct 14, 2017, 1:35 AM

If Bryant isn't 100%, we saw tonight who wasn't ready to lead the team to a win. There are at least 2 other options.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do NOT know how Bryant will be

Oct 14, 2017, 11:57 AM

you have less than a clue how his ankle will respond off a bye week.

Re: You do NOT know how Bryant will be

Oct 14, 2017, 4:03 PM

and what qualifies your to comment on an injury! Saving souls--maybe. sports and the like-- get real! you're clueless

I'm smart enough to know I don't know what

Oct 14, 2017, 4:29 PM

Bryant's condition will be two weeks from today. Now, can you answer yes to that?

Does anyone not recall?

Oct 14, 2017, 4:45 PM

Has everyone forgotten about Dabo saying that Cole Stoudt gave us the best chance to win? After 3 regular season losses, Watson finally got the nod. It was obvious from the UGA season opener who gave us the best chance to win. However, Dabo is the head coach and I still predict a 10 win season for us this year.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Does anyone not recall?

Oct 14, 2017, 4:45 PM

Has everyone forgotten about Dabo saying that Cole Stoudt gave us the best chance to win? After 3 regular season losses, Watson finally got the nod. It was obvious from the UGA season opener who gave us the best chance to win. However, Dabo is the head coach and I still predict a 10 win season for us this year.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Wrong-DW took over in the third game at FSU

Oct 14, 2017, 4:48 PM

on the third series and started every game he was healthy the rest of the way. We were 1-1

Re: Wrong-DW took over in the third game at FSU

Oct 14, 2017, 5:02 PM

> on the third series and started every game he was
> healthy the rest of the way. We were 1-1

~Chesty Puller

You said DW didn't start until after we had three losses

Oct 14, 2017, 5:31 PM

that was wrong. Technically, he started after we had two even though he played 90% of the snaps in the second loss. He just didn't start

Replies: 27
| visibility 4,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic