Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can't knock Dabo for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

You can't knock Dabo for

Jan 9, 2019, 11:45 AM

having continuity with coordinators/assistants. SEC pumpers making the excuse for Alabama that they have to overcome losses at coordinators/assistants every year.

Dabo should be praised for creating a culture in which coordinators/assistants want to stay. And NFL ready players decided to stay as well (Wilkins, Hyatt, Ferrell).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't knock Dabo for

Jan 9, 2019, 11:51 AM

And kudos to DRad and the BOT for paying our coordinators at a level which makes it more enticing for them to stay at Clemson.

There has been so much speculation about Venables leaving over the years. The most interesting take I ever heard was what Dabo said about his competitiveness, as relayed by the announcers during the Cotton Bowl. Coach Venables is so used to wining big at Clemson and Oklahoma, it would be hard for him to take a lesser program where is is guaranteed to lose the first few years while he rebuilds. He hates losing that much.

That's not why they stay.

Jan 9, 2019, 12:03 PM

They love their jobs, Clemson, Pickens Co and the best fans on the planet. We're paying them too much. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 11:51 AM

They are so desperate to diminish Clemson’s effort. It’s amazing that during and immediately after the game how everybody across the cfb landscape was all in agreement, Hey Clemson really is a monster. Now 2 days later excuses, excuses.
They are luck Dex wasn’t available, he would have clogged up that running game a little better.
They can never dispute our 2 title wins over Bama.

Jan 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

you're right,but some will try to diminish and dispute with lame excuses.if DL#90 hd played,it may well have been a shutout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I believe we will be back to #2 by fall camp.

Jan 9, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: You can't knock Dabo for ]

They're already working on their talking point to show that Bama continues to be the standard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a laugh.

Jan 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

Over the last decade ESPiN claimed that Nick was a micromanager who ruled with an iron fist. They gave him credit for everything in spite of the fact that coordinators came and went. That's when he was winning but now with the new kid on the block finally getting proper respect it's 'Poor Nick, he trains them and they run off after one season.

My comments. Nick must be one helll of a trainer to produce such talent in just one season and if that's true what happened this year? We out played them, out coached them and Nick has lost his ability to teach?

Dabo has totally destroyed the old man. I'm feeling sorry for him.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic