Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1,347

Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won?

Nov 10, 2020, 2:18 PM

Do people not realize that we have experienced the most peace in our country in years with virtually no threats from N Korea, Middle East, etc? Troops are home. Tons of economic growth (pre-covid).

I'm not suggesting Biden is going to ruin anything at all because our gov't is not set up like that. Heck, more peace and prosperity may be coming over this next 4 years.

I just don't understand why, especially these upper middle class white folks, would post things like..."whew, now we can exhale and have hope again."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. People forget that Trump dropped the MOAB early

Nov 10, 2020, 2:27 PM

in his Presidency and we didn't hear a peep out of ISIS afterwards.

They won't fear Biden nearly as much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Nangarhar_airstrike

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True. People forget that Trump dropped the MOAB early

Nov 10, 2020, 2:33 PM

Yep it was the first time ever it has been used.

he killed that salami dude too

Nov 10, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to True. People forget that Trump dropped the MOAB early ]

speak loudly and carry a big stick

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won?

Nov 10, 2020, 2:32 PM

I can tell you why. They don't like Trump because he might hurt someone's feelings. He might make someone cry. Trump is just mean. If you give everyone a chance they will be good citizens or human beings. Those people should get a grip on reality. Most grow up in an all white neighborhood and have a non realistic view of the world. They think everyone around the world have the same culture ideology as we have here in the USA. They cannot fathom that there is pure evil in this world. That is all I can think of for now but sure there is more.

Nov 10, 2020, 2:46 PM

Agree, 100%. I'd love to ship all these snowflakes overseas. They would never make it.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won? ]

I can tell you why. They don't like Trump because he might hurt someone's feelings. He might make someone cry. Trump is just mean. If you give everyone a chance they will be good citizens or human beings. Those people should get a grip on reality. Most grow up in an all white neighborhood and have a non realistic view of the world. They think everyone around the world have the same culture ideology as we have here in the USA. They cannot fathom that there is pure evil in this world. That is all I can think of for now but sure there is more.

Not really. Most don't like Trump because he's a pathological liar and a corrupt, unhinged narcissist. Those same people are completely flummoxed by people supporting him when his problem is so obvious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 2:33 PM

Because we've had more unrest in the past four years at home since, what, the late 60s? Radical white supremacists on the right thing they're now a thing again. Radicals on the left are torching businesses. Our pandemic response is absolutely laughable compared to the rest of the world.

Let's stop pretending Trump had a good presidency, and let's not use the fact that he kept us out of war so it didn't cut into his golf time as if he's some saint.

This presidency was a disaster. Good riddance, and it will go down in history as one of the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

That is your opinion. You know what they say about those. It like your butt, everyone has one and everybody else stinks but yours.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:25 PM

And my butt has a tendency to spout truth diarrhea as if I just hit up Hard Fact Taco Bell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Nov 10, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won? ]

Says the person that knows the MSNBC morning, mid-day, and evening line-ups by heart.

Nov 10, 2020, 2:49 PM

That is not good.

I don't watch MSNBC. Thanks for playing.***

Nov 10, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won? ]

Where are the radical white supremacists?

Nov 10, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won? ]

Are we equating them to Trump voters yet? I suspect that's where this is going due to the lack of actual radical white supremacists stirring up any problems in the country.

The unrest in this country can mostly be chalked up to leftists and local Democrat's refusing to enforce the law, charge/prosecute rioters, etc. I know it shouldn't surprise me, but it totally amazes me people are able to gloss over this. I figured we'd get back to trying to pin it on the white supremacists boogie man after the unrest calmed down, but I didn't realize it would be this soon.

The most hilarious part, pre November many were blaming Trump for the unrest. Similar to how you are here. Then election time comes around and all of the sudden the unrest was just caused by police shootings. LOL, nice to have it both ways!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon, man.

Nov 10, 2020, 4:22 PM

You've pushed this narrative before. That only radical leftists cause violence and unrest in America. Or that they do it more, as if that's measurable.

Next, I didn't gloss over anything. I mentioned radical destructive leftists in my post in the same breath. If anything, you're glossing over right wing extremists and have repeatedly done so. I am extremely puzzled why you seem to want to rush to downplay them. You're not one of them, so why make excuses for them?

Radical right wing white supremacists are a problem in America. Technically, if you want quantitative data, they have killed more Americans on U.S. soil than any other terrorist group since 9/11.

We've seen a surge of them the last four years and an increase in violence out of them. They have openly declared themselves Trump supporters. He has fueled those fires.

I'm not equating them with all Trump voters. Not even close. They're a small minority in America. But all of them are Trump voters, rest assured of that.

Then election time comes around and all of the sudden the unrest was just caused by police shootings. LOL, nice to have it both ways!

Where was this in my post? Are you sure you read all my post?

How many Trump voters were rioting and looting?

Nov 10, 2020, 4:25 PM

I'd bet Seattle, Portland, New York, Minneapolis etc didn't have many trump voters buring buildings, looting etc.

Y'all are about to head down the road of...

Nov 10, 2020, 4:32 PM

"My side's radicals aren't as radical as your side's radicals," and that's silly. Radicalism is radicalism is radicalism. Over the last four years, both sides are stirred up, and no one should be defending either. Or trying to keep score with them.

Besides, do you really want to? It sure seems the Trump radicals have a higher body count at this point.

My point is that Trump has helped to stoke those fires, not quell them.

Both sides have idiot radicals. Denounce them both. That's the only right answer.

Let's get to calling out folks like NFAC who hold pretty

Nov 10, 2020, 4:52 PM

massive armed marches and continually shoot themselves by accident due to poor weapons handling then. Amazingly, you hear less about them than you do the supposed right wing extremists and white supremacists....Who don't seem to be holding large armed marches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me make sure I understand clearly.

Nov 10, 2020, 5:08 PM

You're saying that right wing extremists haven't held any large armed marches in the past year?

Not to my knowledge they haven’t

Nov 10, 2020, 5:38 PM

And if you’re referencing Virginia or Michigan, those were decidedly not “radical right wing marches”.

How were they not?***

Nov 10, 2020, 5:41 PM

LOL, how were they?

Nov 10, 2020, 5:49 PM

Is being for gun rights and against lockdowns all of the sudden a radical right wing position?

Re: LOL, how were they?

Nov 10, 2020, 5:54 PM

The Michigan march wasn't about gun rights. Yes, being against the pandemic lockdowns and wearing masks became a right wing position. Those people marching in Michigan were clearly right-wing extremists, and hell, they would agree they are. Again, tell me how they're not.

As for Virginia, were you not referring to the Charlottesville white supremacist rally?

I know the Michigan one wasn’t about guns

Nov 10, 2020, 6:08 PM

But they did pull permits, did everything by the book, and I don’t think there’s anything you can point to proving it was right wing extremistsI know people that went, they aren’t right wing extremists. Since when does it becomes someones responsibility to prove they’re not an extremist anyway? How am I supposed to prove they’re not?

I was referencing the big VCDL Lobby day that happened at the beginning of the year in Virginia.

Re: I know the Michigan one wasn’t about guns

Nov 10, 2020, 6:12 PM

I thought you meant Charlottesville. I think we can agree that was a right wing extremist march, right?

Yes, I agree it was***

Nov 10, 2020, 6:21 PM

I push that narrative because that's exactly what we've seen

Nov 10, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to C'mon, man. ]

in 2020. I see no evidence of a surge in radical right wing extremist, or an increase in violence by them. I do see a broader attempt to equate Trump voters and conservatives with them, however. Granted, I do see leftist violence and the tolerance of it making the radical right wingers a self fulfilling prophecy.

You say things like this: "They have openly declared themselves Trump supporters. He has fueled those fires." and "I'm not equating them with all Trump voters. Not even close. They're a small minority in America. But all of them are Trump voters, rest assured of that."

You might can make that distinction, but the more that narrative becomes mainstream the more bastardized it becomes. Eventually we're down to, "Trump supporters are right wing radicals!". Which is funny, given a lot of the more prominent ones (I use that term lightly, because they aren't prominent) supported Biden this go around.

I think what chaps my ### the most, is after a year of BLM and Antifa riots, toppling of monuments, harassing/assaulting innocent people for no reason, we seemingly want to deflect where the blame really lies. It's not radical right wingers, or white supremacists. Certainly not in the areas that have seen the most issues. So what is really going on? Hard to find out when we don't want to be honest about the problem.

Re: I push that narrative because that's exactly what we've seen

Nov 10, 2020, 4:58 PM

I see no evidence of a surge in radical right wing extremist, or an increase in violence by them.

You can't be serious. It's been thoroughly reported about their rise. Here, check out this study that proves it has risen significantly during the Trump years, similar to how left wing extremism grew in the early 2000s.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

I do see a broader attempt to equate Trump voters and conservatives with them, however.

Nowhere in my post did I do that, and many, many posters here have done exactly what you're claiming people do to Trump voters. They've tried to lump Biden voters or Democrats in the same group as the destructive extremists.

You might can make that distinction, but the more that narrative becomes mainstream the more bastardized it becomes. Eventually we're down to, "Trump supporters are right wing radicals!". Which is funny, given a lot of the more prominent ones (I use that term lightly, because they aren't prominent) supported Biden this go around.

Again, you're straw manning hard here. I never said that. Never had said that. You've created a string of discussion that is irrelevant to what I was saying. And no, right wing radicals didn't support Biden.

I think what chaps my ### the most, is after a year of BLM and Antifa riots, toppling of monuments, harassing/assaulting innocent people for no reason, we seemingly want to deflect where the blame really lies. It's not radical right wingers, or white supremacists. Certainly not in the areas that have seen the most issues. So what is really going on? Hard to find out when we don't want to be honest about the problem.

You are being selective in your outrage based on what you've chosen to see/hear and what you've chosen to ignore. If you haven't seen evidence of the right wing radical rise, you've either shut it out or chosen to ignore it.

Thus, I provided the data. Please look it over, and I welcome any data of our own to disprove it. Nothing anecdotal, please. Numbers.

I’ll have to read through the data tomorrow, but a cursory

Nov 10, 2020, 5:48 PM

Glance seems to indicate that based off their definition of right wing extremism, a rather large segment of the BLM movement would be classified as that.

I also stand by my assertion that the rioting, looting, and general unrest in 2020 has nothing to do with the radical right.

And yes radical right wingers did support Biden. Unless Richard Spencer is no longer a radical right winger some how.

Re: I’ll have to read through the data tomorrow, but a cursory

Nov 10, 2020, 5:52 PM

How would BLM qualify as right-wing extremism?

That's disingenuous to say they had nothing to do with it. They were all up in the mix. This data is sound to show their involvement.

Richard Spencer only did what he did as a #### you to Trump and to get media attention, not an ideological shift. He felt abandoned by Trump.

I'm still puzzled why we have this discussion. You seem to indicate you don't think there is any right-wing extremism or that it causes any problem. Radicalism exists on both sides and it's always destructive.

Re: I’ll have to read through the data tomorrow, but a cursory

Nov 10, 2020, 6:03 PM

“First, right-wing terrorism refers to the use or threat of violence by sub-national or non-state entities whose goals may include racial or ethnic supremacy; opposition to government authority;”

There’s all sorts of videos showing BLM supporters acting precisely in this way,

I also find it curious that their data conveniently cuts off at the beginning of May this year. When was it the rioting got bad? Ohhh...

We have this discussion because I think it’s a total cop out and deflection from the source of our biggest problems. And I find it unfathomable that somebody could have lived through this year and still say, “yeah, those white supremacists are the main problem”. It just blows my mind is all. If they were half the problem were told they are we’d be in the midst of a full blown shooting war. More importantly, I suspect it’s setting up conservative white people as a boogie man scape goat.

Don’t get me wrong, I 100% denounce right wing radicalism, and would call it out if I saw it. I just don’t, other than maybe some people say mean things. They ain’t burning out strip malls and taking over Police buildings either, though.

Re: Where are the radical white supremacists?

Nov 10, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Where are the radical white supremacists? ]

Lakebum,

You complain that the left accuses ALL Trump supporters of being white supremecists and then, in the very next sentence you try to lump all of the violence onto all leftists.

Where does this silly cycle stop. Can we ALL agree that the most extreme people on the left and on the right do no accurate represent liberals or consewrvatives in general. Then maybe we could have a constructive conversation that does not automatically devolve into - I'm rubber and you are glue.

You better believe I'm hanging onto this baby.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:00 PM

It shall be an heirloom of my kingdom. All those who follow in my bloodline shall be bound to its fate, for I shall risk no hurt to the Coin. It is precious to me, though I abide it with a great pain. The markings upon the face begin to fade. The writing, which at first was as clear as red flame, has all but disappeared - a secret now that only fire can tell.

Re: You better believe I'm hanging onto this baby.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:14 PM

Why is blood spurting out of Kim's head?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ask megyn kelly***

Nov 10, 2020, 3:57 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 3:02 PM

If what we've experienced in the last year is "peace"? I've had all I want.

Also, we're still in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq.

Nov 10, 2020, 3:09 PM

Explain how you fix the unrest that started day after the 2016 election. Just for people to shut up and does as they are told?

Yes, they should does what they is told.***

Nov 10, 2020, 3:19 PM

The first step is not to have

Nov 10, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do people post stuff like "exhale" since Biden won? ]

a toddler-raging ignorant dumbfvck narcissist in the oval office. Within a few months, we all knew he was going to be bad at this job. Republicans AND Democrats both tried to help him in the beginning as he knew nothing of the fundamental workings of government and the US economy. Only he claimed "I know more than anybody about _______" You name it....monetary policy, military strategy, economics, constitutional law, etc....

So what did Democrats do? Some, even Nancy Pelosi, still tried to help him until he shitted all over himself and her on national tv. What did Republicans do? Lied for him, excused his bad behavior, sucked up to him in the most obsequious fashion. And republicans did it for the entire term. You can count on one finger the republicans who stood up and said what we all knew...the guy is an emotional toddler and is dumb as a brick and doesn't care to be otherwise.

Don't support crap. What we ask of our leaders is to lead and Trump is/was incapable. He wouldn't understand servant leadership if Jesus Christ, himself, hit him in the head with it. If Joe goes off the rails and starts spouting hates speech around the country that republicans are evil shidbags, the media is out to get him, blah, blah, blah...it's time for him to go. Impeach his a s s, 25th amendment his old keester right out of the oval office. Which is what we ALL should've done to Trump.

Thats how you keep people from rioting.

Wait..hold on. How did Nancy Pelosi try to help anyone

Nov 10, 2020, 4:31 PM

other than herself?

She earnestly tried to help him in the beginning when he

Nov 10, 2020, 5:24 PM

was fumblefugging around not knowing diddly about what to do. Reince Priebus talked about how she was gracious and patient with Trump in the beginning until he insulted her on national TV during a press conference. He was clearly WAY in the wrong and she let it go and didn't carve him up like a Thanksgiving turkey in front of the country....because THATS WHAT ADULTS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!

They have been resisting for four years

Nov 10, 2020, 4:27 PM

It takes a lot of effort to resist for four years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Nov 10, 2020, 6:40 PM

Caddie,

Many of us think of Trump as self-centered, overly emotional, and erratic. He thinks that chaos is an advantageous situation for him. A lot of us have been sort of holding our breath, hoping that he wouldn't do something stupid that would have even more dramatic consequences.

Some good things happened in this country, but Trump's volatile and arbitrary way of governing threatened to dash us against the rocks at any moment.

Nov 10, 2020, 6:54 PM

exhale?

better pucker up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1,347
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic