Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we going to just ignore the elephant in the room
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Are we going to just ignore the elephant in the room

Oct 9, 2017, 10:47 AM

and keep giving up garbage TD's in games?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I agree. The garbage thumbs-downing has to stop***

Oct 9, 2017, 10:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Holy hell, somebody TD'd this post.

Oct 9, 2017, 1:31 PM

Time to load the forty-four and grab a forty.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Make no mistake. Those scores are against our 3rd and 4th stringers

Oct 9, 2017, 10:50 AM

And that playing time is going to be benificial to the long term success of this program. We can go 0-15 against the spread for all I care. Just win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make no mistake. Those scores are against our 3rd and 4th stringers

Oct 9, 2017, 11:04 AM

I'd like to see them practice not giving up garbage touchdowns in their time on the field. I agree that playing time and learning is important but they should not learn to give up points late in the game.

Practice not giving up garbage touchdowns??? Is that

Oct 9, 2017, 11:45 AM

what they are doing at practice??? Confusing.

Somebody call Dabo tonight and suggest that.***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

IIRC Ryan Carter was defending on the last Wake TD pass***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Make no mistake. Those scores are against our 3rd and 4th stringers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

thank you***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Make no mistake. Those scores are against our 3rd and 4th stringers ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy***

Oct 9, 2017, 10:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

We were one onside kick, TD, onside kick, TD away from

Oct 9, 2017, 10:53 AM

that game going to OT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: We were one onside kick, TD, onside kick, TD away from

Oct 9, 2017, 10:58 AM

You are so right if they had gotten 5-6 more possessions it might have gotten close, we barely escaped.

So, you are saying we were not much, if any, better than

Oct 9, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to We were one onside kick, TD, onside kick, TD away from ]

Wake? Feathers much?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#neveragain***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:19 PM

There's something in these hills.

I should feel stupiid for saying this, but, here goes

Oct 9, 2017, 11:12 AM

"I know right, playing time is important but we need quality playing time not teaching the backups to give up garbage touchdowns."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It kills my cover dude. Nah, I never take us above a 17 pt

Oct 9, 2017, 11:12 AM

spread. I know next years warriors are getting in and these learning curves happen. It's also why we able to reload. Enjoy it and realize the why of these decisions impatient Tigers.

Re: It kills my cover dude. Nah, I never take us above a 17 pt

Oct 9, 2017, 12:07 PM

Every one of you idiots complaining about the final score have more invested in your betting lines than you do the
Football team. Never mind all the extra plays and experience our back up are getting its all about how many points we can beat someone. Never heard of so many cry babies in my life

I swear, you've done nothing...

Oct 9, 2017, 12:21 PM

but bich and insult tiger fans since you got here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 posts in 12.5 years...

Oct 9, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: It kills my cover dude. Nah, I never take us above a 17 pt ]

pacing yourself huh?

You had to figure all that out on your own.

Oct 9, 2017, 4:53 PM [ in reply to It kills my cover dude. Nah, I never take us above a 17 pt ]

I've been using the term 'manufactured adversity,' this entire season. I caught on last year after predicting blowouts against weak ACC opponents. I've added 'dynasty maintenance,' to my list of terms for Clemson this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Batson!***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:11 PM

What room are you in

Oct 9, 2017, 12:13 PM

I don't see an elephant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here she is...

Oct 9, 2017, 12:35 PM

Kind of reminds me of "Bewitched"***

Oct 9, 2017, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Elephant in the room?

Oct 9, 2017, 12:14 PM

Was Shelly Smith doing the sideline reporting Saturday?

Molly McGrath this weekend...***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:21 PM

THATS SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER!!!***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Elephant in the room? ]

Re: Are we going to just ignore the elephant in the room

Oct 9, 2017, 12:23 PM

The elephant in the room is that we are the undefeated National Champs and our fans have very little to complain about.

Oct 9, 2017, 12:23 PM

I think it helps that the final scores don't really matter as much in the CFB Playoff era as opposed to the BCS era; especially since our schedule and resume are pretty impressive to start. Unless we REALLY would've squeaked by, PSU or anyone else behind us would've maybe leapfrogged but still not very likely. Alternatively, if we would've blown them out, we most likely wouldn't have leapfrogged Bama into #1 (unless they lost to TA&M).

If I'm being honest, I'd rather have us give up a garbage time TD or two and give our backups some experience instead of leaving our starters out there risking injury and fatigue. I'd rather give up some points than lose an O'Daniel, Carter, Wilkins, etc. to injury. It also gives the backups some motivation to shine in real game situations. The other side of the coin is that, if our backups really wanna prove themselves, there shouldn't be much of a drop-off skill-wise when they're out there vs when the starters are out there but they've given up some points in multiple games.

Lastly, not to mention this week is a short week and I'm betting the mindset was to play backups/reserves to keep the starters fresh unless it turned into a dog fight.

I thought we took out the garbage elephant in the room

Oct 9, 2017, 12:31 PM

last year.

Big Al bit the dust. 35-31!***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:37 PM

Oct 9, 2017, 12:36 PM

The level of stupidity on this board grows along with our success. Unbelievable.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't kidding

Oct 9, 2017, 12:39 PM

I feel that way every time Francis Marion® and classof1994® post too

Re: You aren't kidding***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:51 PM

Indee­d a problem that has increased rapidly in last 2 yrs.***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we going to just ignore the elephant in the room ]

Ah...Insider verification.***

Oct 9, 2017, 12:59 PM

I want a pink elephant

Oct 9, 2017, 3:33 PM

Thanks in Advance

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic