Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson-Alabama most expensive Sugar Bowl in history
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson-Alabama most expensive Sugar Bowl in history

Dec 4, 2017, 12:35 PM

Clemson-Alabama most expensive Sugar Bowl in history

The Clemson-Alabama III contest at the Sugar Bowl on New Year's Day is the most expensive Sugar Bowl in history with an average ticket price of $668 according t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that's why Alabama is in.***

Dec 4, 2017, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Its essentially a BAMA home game......

Dec 4, 2017, 1:03 PM

CFP committee did us no favors here. I know its hard with the rankings, but wish they woud've made Bama..being last one in, have to go the farthest and have us play uga in the SB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are people saying this???

Dec 4, 2017, 1:19 PM

New Orleans is a 4-5 hour drive from Tuscaloosa. Sure, it's closer for them than for Clemson fans if you base the distance simply on miles from campus. But, it's not like New Orleans is Bama HQ. And it's certainly not an advantage for them versus Clemson. We were a little closer to Tampa than them last year, but it wasn't like it was a Clemson home game.

I was in Glendale and Tampa and in both situations, it was close to a 50/50 split. New Orleans will be 50/50 as well. People here on TNET thinking Bama's going to have 80-90% of the seats need to get a grip. That's delusional and smacks of trying to create a lame excuse before the game is even played.

THERE IS NO HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE FOR BAMA IN THE SUGAR BOWL.

Come on, people!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are disregarding......

Dec 4, 2017, 2:37 PM

Bama's LONG history being in the SEC and playing in that game. There is NO WAY its 50/50 for that game. I bet it'll be 70/30--65/35---MANY more Bama ppl in that part of the country. And it is MUCH easier to drive from UA to NO than it is from SC. From Alabama, you can reasonably drive same day and only spend one night; thus its much cheaper for Bama fans. Comparisons to the two previous NC games ( I was at both too) is NOT apples to apples to this situation...on many different fronts. This has NOTHING to do with an excuse....WTH you get that from? There will no doubt be a Bama crowd advantage...which, to my original point, is unfortunate since they are the lowest seed but are closest to the game site. It should be the opposite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are disregarding......

Dec 4, 2017, 5:05 PM

Last time I checked, Clemson is darn good at winning road games against excellent teams. This time there will indeed be many more Clemson fans than at some of the road games the Tigers played this year. Honestly, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. Clemson is better and will win the game.

Re: Why are people saying this???

Dec 4, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Why are people saying this??? ]

I was in AZ for the 2015 game, and it was easily 65-35 Clemson. And from what I heard we had more in Tampa as well. Now the semi last year was 70+ OSU.
Doesn’t matter. We’ll have plenty there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dec 4, 2017, 3:15 PM

Agreed---but you also made my point. Semi-final game last year is a much better comparison (more OSU alumni nearby) than a NC game where everyone tries to go as opposed to saving $$$ for possible NC trip. With that said.... CLEM will have many more fans in NO than in had in Glendale last year. However, Bama will have a fan advantage...it won't be as huge of a disparity---like last years Fiesta--but it will be an advantage. Much easier drive..particularly from cities like Mobile/Pensacola.... which equates to saving $$$.

Message was edited by: JREwing®

Message was edited by: JREwing®

For clemson fans, this is the game to travel too, however

Dec 4, 2017, 3:41 PM

b/c Atlanta is virtually a home game for many clemson fans and its a very easy drive. I'm considering traveling out to New Orleans and potentially going to Atlanta if we win and staying with my family. I think plenty of Clemson fans will see this game as the travel game.

I would agree except.....

Dec 4, 2017, 3:45 PM

there is a lack of affordable tickets due mainly to CLEMs low allotment. Travel out there via air is quite expensive as well and hotels downtown are all $300+--most around $400 and up near the FQ. A lot of fellow IPTAY members I know are saving the $$$ to go to ATL.

Re: I would agree except.....

Dec 4, 2017, 5:19 PM

Should make Alabama fly from Birmingham to Chicago, wait 3 hours to change planes and go through full TSA screening!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2017, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Why are people saying this??? ]

Well put. Look for everybody who thinks this is "bama HQ". I don't know if you ever heard Venables say this but he did. He thinks he can communicate better with his defense on the road and I see it as well to give you some comfort. And regardless this is BAMA CLemson. People are going to show up regardless this is THE GAME don't worry bout fanbases we'll show out and give em' everything we got.

good. This squad loves playing the villain.***

Dec 4, 2017, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Its essentially a BAMA home game...... ]

Re: TNET: Clemson-Alabama most expensive Sugar Bowl in history

Dec 4, 2017, 5:30 PM

To me the main point is were 1 of two teams in that Natty semi-final. What an honor to be one of four teams out of 130 something still in the dance. Let's be thankful. It's the season, imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic