Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OConnor of UVA to SCar is a hot name
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

OConnor of UVA to SCar is a hot name

Jun 7, 2017, 12:18 PM

I don't know how likely it is but I do know he's not a big Clemson fan right now and has done very well against us. Didn't take too kindly to that beating he took during the season this year. I don't think that result in the tourney was any accident.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Not very likely IMO

Jun 7, 2017, 12:21 PM

Right now, UVa is a better program than $CU, O'Connor built that program over a thirteen year period, and he has already proven he can win a Championship at UVa. Furthermore, UVa can match any monetary offer that $CU makes. Why would he leave?

Now, Kevin McMullan on the other hand, might be a possibility. Mullen has served as the hitting coach and recruiting coordinator at Virginia for the past 14 seasons and is considered one of the top assistants in the game.

The guy at West Virginia, Derek Matlock, or the guy at Wake Forest, Tom Walter, would be more likely options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

UVA "can" match the money....will they?

Jun 7, 2017, 12:42 PM

Will tanner even be willing to offer that much?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Holbrook currently makes $400,000 annually

Jun 7, 2017, 12:56 PM

I don't see Tanner more than doubling that amount to get a coach.

UVa pays Brian O'Connor $600,000 a year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know we all hate the Gamecocks but...

Jun 7, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Not very likely IMO ]

UVA is not a better program than Carolina, IMO. Yea, UVA has nice facilities for baseball and O'Connor has built a nice winning tradition, but the overall status and importance of the program does not compare to the Gamecocks.

They've had a couple of mediocre years recently but any quality coach could go there starting next year and make the CWS.

We will just have to agree to disagree...

Jun 7, 2017, 3:27 PM

Right now, UVa is the better program between the two.

Now from a facilities standpoint, Founders Park is better than Davenport Field although you do take your life into your own hands every time you walk from your car to Founders Park because its located in such a lousy part of town. Of course, almost everything in Columbia is located in a lousy part of town.

Re: OConnor of UVA to SCar is a hot name

Jun 7, 2017, 12:26 PM

I don't see why O'Connor would make the move. It's a lateral move. Maybe if UVA hadn't won a championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

LOL...a lateral move...lol

Jun 7, 2017, 12:28 PM

Right now, UVa is a much better program.

Re: LOL...a lateral move...lol

Jun 7, 2017, 12:44 PM

Clearly you don't understand the difference between program and a current season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...a lateral move...lol

Jun 7, 2017, 12:48 PM

Clearly you don't understand the difference between a current season and a multiple year trend...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do know...

Jun 7, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL...a lateral move...lol ]

that UVa hasn't missed the NCAA Tournament two out of the last three years.

I also know UVa has been to the CWS four times in the last eight seasons finishing runner-up once and winning it all one.

I'm not saying $CU isn't a solid program. It is, but right now, UVa is better.

Re: I do know...

Jun 7, 2017, 12:54 PM

In the last 8 years we have two national championships...

We had a better season than them just last year. But continue to try too hard.

Whatever helps you sleep at night princess***

Jun 7, 2017, 12:56 PM

Jun 7, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I do know... ]

What did you have the 40 years before that? Let me help you.

Answer: Squat.

Hats off to Ray and his accomplishments but your program has just returned to the way it once was.

Jun 7, 2017, 2:55 PM

Umm we've played for 6 national championships and went to 5 CWS in the 70s and 80s.

If you feel that is squat I would hate to know what you think about Clemson's baseball history.

"troll", "try too hard"..

Jun 8, 2017, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I do know... ]

Do you honestly not see how silly you look?

Not a lateral move,with UVA's endowment, they have

Jun 7, 2017, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: OConnor of UVA to SCar is a hot name ]

an advantage in recruiting that very few schools have. They can get the money to give far more $$$ towards scholarships than USuC can. UVA is like Vandy in that department.

Re: Not a lateral move,with UVA's endowment, they have

Jun 7, 2017, 1:04 PM

Then he isn't using it well as we've out recruited them three of the last four years. The one year they out recruited us we finished 6th and they were 5th.

Yet you still missed the NCAAT 2 of the last 3 years.***

Jun 7, 2017, 1:08 PM

Re: Yet you still missed the NCAAT 2 of the last 3 years.***

Jun 7, 2017, 1:34 PM

And what does that have to do with the discussion I was responding to or can you just not help yourself from trolling?

You would think after a decade you would realize your snide trolling attempts don't bother me.

Bless your heart !!!!***

Jun 7, 2017, 1:59 PM

Re: Yet you still missed the NCAAT 2 of the last 3 years.***

Jun 7, 2017, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Yet you still missed the NCAAT 2 of the last 3 years.*** ]

Dude! You are on TigerNet...everything in Columbia sucks! If Dabo left Clemson for USuCk, he would go from the best to the worst coach in college football overnight. Do not look for any love on TigerNet. You would have an easier time convincing Trump to give up Twitter than swaying TigerNet to admit that coaching USuCk baseball is a better job than shoveling sh!t. Forget about O'Connor leaving Virginia for the he!! hole in the armpit of South Carolina.

Go Tigers!

Wait, are you calling someone a troll?

Jun 8, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Yet you still missed the NCAAT 2 of the last 3 years.*** ]

Do you do anything BUT troll? My word you're a loser.

Re: No you did not out recruit them. Who had the better

Jun 8, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a lateral move,with UVA's endowment, they have ]

team the last few years. The proof is in the pudding not in some silly recruitment ranking.

Charlottesville seems a lot nicer than Columbia.

Jun 7, 2017, 12:29 PM

I wouldn't make the move.

Charlottesville makes Columbia look like South Central LA***

Jun 7, 2017, 12:32 PM

Re: Charlottesville makes Columbia look like South Central LA***

Jun 7, 2017, 12:45 PM

Correction : Columbia makes Columbia look like South Central LA

Lived in c-ville for 9 yrs and cootville for 2 month - nough

Jun 7, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Charlottesville seems a lot nicer than Columbia. ]

said

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Charlottesville seems a lot nicer than Columbia.

Jun 7, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Charlottesville seems a lot nicer than Columbia. ]

Not just because of USC but Columbia has always seemed like a dump. Usually a state capitol elevates the town. Just not in this case

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbia, SC is an absolute cesspool...

Jun 7, 2017, 1:06 PM

and an embarrassment the entire state.

Re: Columbia, SC is an absolute cesspool...

Jun 7, 2017, 2:28 PM

Don't burden your typing fingers debating with '09. As in the past, he knows everything even though he is wrong often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Columbia, SC is not a cesspool but somewhere...

Jun 8, 2017, 11:19 AM

in Columbia there is a big screen door to he!!.....it be sooo hot there...

Virginia fans don't like it

Jun 8, 2017, 12:09 PM

http://chat.virginia.sportswar.com/mid/8870833/board/baseball/

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic