Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: CBS: Coordinators facing big decisions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 3,895

Football Update: CBS: Coordinators facing big decisions

Nov 27, 2012, 2:00 PM

CBS: Coordinators facing big decisions

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris needs to stay...

Nov 27, 2012, 2:16 PM

Morris needs to stay and get a few more years under his belt and some more Championships on his resume and his ticket will be set to go almost anywhere in the country. Right now he is pretty much limited to only go to an ACC school.

Re:He is working us for a big raise. If he wants to go: wish

Nov 27, 2012, 3:40 PM

him well. We can replace him.

Nov 28, 2012, 8:56 AM

Yeah. I think Tommy west is available. Lol

Nov 28, 2012, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re:He is working us for a big raise. If he wants to go: wish ]

Dayum, he got a big raise last year. And if he leaves doesn't he owe us a big payout? He got a 6 year deal last year at triple his salary at the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us...

Nov 27, 2012, 2:21 PM

Not gonna happen, wouls nearly be a step down for THE CHAD. He knows what we have going on here. Ride it out 1 or 2 more years. I think we'll be in the Title hunt next year & I'm sure he realizes this.

Go Tigers!

Seeing as he's the only reason we've won in 2 seasons, he

Nov 27, 2012, 2:59 PM

may start whipping our @sses with NC State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly but the TNET "experts" are buffoons.***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:29 PM

to: those of you who say go ahead and leave

Nov 27, 2012, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Seeing as he's the only reason we've won in 2 seasons, he ]

Are you nuts? Try to remember the Tiger offense under Billy Napier and Rob Spence! It was worse than our defense is currently.

To all universities looking for a new HC,
Look somewhere else! Please!

Re: Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us...

Nov 27, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us... ]

Championships?????? My fellow Clemson Supporter if we don't get a strong Defense there will be any Championship at CU!!!! The SEC has proven that a Strong Defence and Very Solid run game wins Championships!!!! In fact when we at Clemson were in National Prominence our Defense always ranked among the tops in the Country. DEFENSE!!!!! DEFENSE!!!! DEFENSE!!!!! Even in the Pro Game of The NfL DEFENSE WINS!!!!

The Giants were ranked 27, NE was 32

Nov 27, 2012, 8:35 PM

Both had top 10 offenses and I don't see any defense in the NFL anymore.

Debbie Downer or Coot... Pick your posion

Nov 29, 2012, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us... ]

At any rate, 1st year D Cord in Voach V. Help on D is on the way!

Re: Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us...

Nov 27, 2012, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Sure leave us for NC State, only to lose to us... ]

I agree he owes us another year or two because of the chance we took on him and the salary we paid him but he can go if he likes.

Nothin but big time network hype machine

Nov 27, 2012, 2:34 PM

E$ecPN and all the other networks love raising controversy over speculation. Morris ain't goin nowhere....well not for another year, at the very least

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Dennis Dodd

Nov 27, 2012, 2:45 PM

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

DEAR***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:15 PM

^rookie^***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:19 PM

lulz***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:39 PM [ in reply to DEAR*** ]

Re: DEER******

Nov 27, 2012, 4:27 PM [ in reply to DEAR*** ]

Re: DEAR***

Nov 27, 2012, 5:57 PM [ in reply to DEAR*** ]

Look at join date......low posts and I bet all of them are in late november

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Chad Morris could surely do the job at NCST but

Nov 27, 2012, 3:08 PM

I dont think he will leave for a dead end job like NCST. I think he only leaves for a "big name" head coaching job at a school he can win at and recruit at. I dont think NCST is that school. I also think he stays for Tajh's last year and tries to blow up every ACC/Clemson offensive record there is before he leaves.

Wrong, it's called "working your way up" which is a concept

Nov 27, 2012, 3:38 PM

foreign to Dabo and the Dabo lovers. The reason we're seeing so many high profile coaching flops recently is people being promoted based n hype, not proven results. Gus Malzhan is better than Morris and he could have waited on bigger jobs, but took the Ark State job. He's learning on the smaller stage before jumping too soon to a job he's not ready for, which could kill his career. Much of Auburn's issues this year are due to Malzhan leaving.

TB's failure at Clemson, as will eventually Dabo's, effectively kills their future as head coach at a big time program. It's smart to work your way up, it teaches important skills a position coach will never experience and learn unless they are a coordinator at a big program, or head coach at a smaller program, before jumping to big boy football.

Yet again, "Tom", Dabo is accomplishing things not seen

Nov 27, 2012, 3:40 PM

around here in several decades, and it's obviously building.

That's not Dabo-loving; it's called FACTS.

Re: I dont want to see, again, what I witnessed last Sat.***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:46 PM

Re: I dont want to see, again, what I witnessed last Sat.***

Nov 28, 2012, 9:29 AM

Neither does anyone else but Dabo is in his 4th year as a HC and Spurrier is in his 8th at Cootville. Geez, cut us some slack, we are on an upward movement path and Dabo is going to be our HC and I am happy about that.

I guess if Clemson beats the Coots next year you would agree with the Coot fans that Spurrier should be fired!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yet again, "Tom", Dabo is accomplishing things not seen

Nov 27, 2012, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Yet again, "Tom", Dabo is accomplishing things not seen ]

FACTS are we lost to the Chickens 4 straight years with only one game being competitive.

Re: Yet again, "Tom", Dabo is accomplishing things not seen

Nov 28, 2012, 9:30 AM

Facts are Dabo is in his 4th year as HC and Spurrier is in his 8th.

Sorry for the repeat but it is a fact!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea I'm sure Dabo knows nothing about working his way up...

Nov 27, 2012, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Wrong, it's called "working your way up" which is a concept ]

Considering he came from a poor family, walked on at Alabama, etc.

Re: Yea I'm sure Dabo knows nothing about working his way up...

Nov 28, 2012, 9:31 AM

EXCELLENT POST!!!

Re: Wrong, it's called "working your way up" which is a concept

Nov 27, 2012, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Wrong, it's called "working your way up" which is a concept ]

I hate to say it I agree with you on this point about a smaller school for a newbie.

Most first time head coaches fail.....and best to take your licks at a smaller low profile HC job...

The jury is still out on DABO....he has done pretty well imho.

Biggest mistake was placing Napier in over his head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Yeah Dabo shoulda went to Furman, cause 10 wins 2

Nov 27, 2012, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Wrong, it's called "working your way up" which is a concept ]

years in a row is failure.

Re: Chad Morris could surely do the job at NCST but

Nov 27, 2012, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Chad Morris could surely do the job at NCST but ]

Would look good on his resume'

Re: Chad Morris could surely do the job at NCST but

Nov 28, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Chad Morris could surely do the job at NCST but ]

Your post is the only one here that makes sense. The rest are just whiners. I agree that Chad stays one more year because of what he has coming back. He gets one more year of college football as a coordinator and then goes to a high profile school where he can get a good staff and can recruit well. HE STAYS, IMHO.

As to the comment by the "TigerNet staff" that Morris saved Dabo's job, you must be smoking something because Dabo is safe. Take a look at what he has accomplished so far and how the program is turning back to an elite program. Yes, I agree, we didn't beat the Coots, but that is coming very soon. Our D will be much improved next year and we will have a good recruiting class coming in. Clemson is fine, Dabo is fine, and our team will be fine!

Morris to NC State

Nov 27, 2012, 3:21 PM

In a year or two, Morris will have the experience and judgement necessary to take a program over with those expectations. I'd agree he might be ready if an experienced DC was included but anyone that saw this season and watched knows his desire to pass and gimick increased as a game goes on even when the run is working. Couple this with a poor time of possession that comes with that decision during even or better matched up games and it spells disaster having to explain both the position as HC and then work effectively with the DC as the manager. Even then, the oversite of the entire operation during all of this "learning" is a bit much for anyone. Dabo didn't implore the hurry and he almost didn't make it past a single losing season. If we had had the money, would he be the HC today? Bottom line, Kirby along with many others are ahead of Morris who does appear to have HUGE upside but those risks are too great after only a few college seasons.

Let the off season / bowl season spin machine now begin the spooling. Every time you see Clemson mentioned in a speculation article, know that you just helped a struggling writer pay his bills, and take a drink. You'll forget the hype quickly in this frenzy of hype with our handy drinking game. Maybe you'll even drown out the memory of Saturday, I know I'll be trying until we get our next shot in Atlanta.

It's hard to believe 2 things at least about this.

Nov 27, 2012, 4:40 PM

1, that Clemson wouldn't have covered itself by having a clause forbidding a move to an ACC school, and 2, that Chad would want to go work at NCSU for the same lamebrain AD that ruined Maryland athletics. Mx. Yow is quite a head trip. That's before you get into the quagmire that NCSU has become.

If Chad is half as smart as I think he is, he has his eyes on Texas and Mack Brown's retirement that is bound to happen in the next year or two.

I just don't think he's silly enough to go for the low hanging fruit. And I don't think that for the $$$ he's been paid by CU, they wouldn't have a clause to protect themselves.

This is before you consider whether or not he's proven himself to be HC material. He's done a good job here, but his resume's pretty thin.

Re: It's hard to believe 2 things at least about this.

Nov 28, 2012, 9:25 AM

If Brown retires or gets canned, IMHO, they go after Patterson at TCU. That would then open up TCU for the CHAD and get him back to his Texas roots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 3,895
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic