Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yesterday's walk with my dog:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 362

Yesterday's walk with my dog:

Feb 18, 2020, 8:04 AM

The enjoyable walk turned quickly into panic situation and fractured hand. Out of the blue a pitbull runs up and for a few minutes all is well. Then the stranger puts my dog into an uncomfortable position. They are both standing but not moving. I slowly back my dog away and then they both are face to face when the other starts to grow and bite. It's about to get nasty and I expect a fight leaving a bloody mess. So I kick the pit in the head twice and he's still there . Next, I hit him in that hard head and he takes a break and backs up but still there.
A few more actions and he leaves only to return and starts circling us. At this point I don't think my dog is to scared, certainly not like me. I'm trying to walk home and this ### wants more. Finally he goes away and I get back to my house. Have a fracture in my right hand and my foot is sore, but my dog is fine. Could have been so much worse. That dog could have taken me out of here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yesterday's walk with my dog:

Feb 18, 2020, 8:11 AM

Pitbull owners are more often than not complete morons. They are always surprised when their dog attacks. I was walking into a bar the other day and I asked the owner of a Pitbull if his dog was safe so I could get by and go inside with my dog. He said his dog was safe, but as he was saying that his dog broke his collar and attacked my dog. I was so angry. Pitbulls are a menace to society. Sure there are good ones, but overall they are a nuisance.

I know there are a lot of pit bull proponents

Feb 18, 2020, 8:14 AM

but I'm not one of them. They just have a "switch" that can flip at any time. And it doesn't matter how well they're trained or what kind of home they come from.

My friend had one and it was the sweetest dog ever. The pit would jump in your lap and lick you to death and was as sweet a dog as could be. They also had a toy poodle. They were best friends. One day my buddy gets home from work and the toy poodle is spread throughout the house in pieces. Blood everywhere.

No way I would have one around my kids or other animals. I know I'm stereotyping the breed, but it is what it is.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, and here's the problem with pits . . .

Feb 18, 2020, 9:31 AM

Any dog can snap, or get into that crazy zone where the adrenaline is pumping and they are unresponsive to any human commands. I don't know that pits are any more prone to that than any other breed. Thing is, if the poodle (or most other breeds) snaps, then nobody dies or is mortally wounded, and the poodle can be controlled. When a pit (or rotweiller, or other huge, powerful breeds) snaps, it's a problem on a whole other level. Give that kick to my 35 lb mutt, and he's probably done. Personally, I don't want a dog that is capable of tearing a human being or other dog into pieces, and I don't understand why anybody would.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

PuNiSh Da BrEeD aNd NoT tHe DeEd

Feb 18, 2020, 8:17 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you're okay

Feb 18, 2020, 8:31 AM

That's a terrible situation to be in and one I've feared myself. Not sure if I would just try to get away or try to kill the other dog with my bare hands.

clarification needed.....

Feb 18, 2020, 8:34 AM

Your kicks......roundhouse or scissor kicks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clarification needed.....

Feb 18, 2020, 8:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking this but that works equally well

Feb 18, 2020, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clarification needed.....

Feb 18, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: clarification needed..... ]

Street kick, to the chin and gut. Right hook to the head.

I wonder if pit bulls have online forums where they

Feb 18, 2020, 8:40 AM

bitch (get it?) about how dangerous and unpredictable the human breed is.

"Man, I just wanted to go play with this pupper who was all about it, and this human just hauls off and kicks me in the head, and then punches me! I know there are some nice humans, but they can just snap at any time!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'You should have seen that poosie, Bart.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:15 AM

I gave him one look and he pulled the leash on his dog so hard it put exposed that mutt's throat exposing his teeth and lifted his front feet off the ground. Whatdaya do, Bart? A guy goes all chit for brains because my great great grandmother was a half pit slut who was raped by an unknown assailant and I might be 1/1024th pit?'

'Yeah, that happens to me every time I try to walk off a bowl of table scraps myself.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'You should have seen that poosie, Bart.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:19 AM

Re: I wonder if pit bulls have online forums where they

Feb 18, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I wonder if pit bulls have online forums where they ]

I was fine to let them play until they squared up and a fight was about to ensue. I couldnt get away from that dog so I thought I better intervene.

I forsee this as a future investment

Feb 18, 2020, 9:12 AM

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/tire-checker-bat/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAs67yBRC7ARIsAF49CdVlSKeIfgSvJiF9Oh4F64ylgoWlq_XDKpSbiE0wRrzzM9whK-Ivm5AaAjJyEALw_wcB

Truckers call these tire checkers or tire thumpers. lol. Shure.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or

Feb 18, 2020, 9:16 AM

https://smile.amazon.com/vdp/8aff23e928d64c6daac33dec678ec9be?ref=cm_sw_em_r_ib_dt_Gyn5reCt8oJlw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

sorry man, that sucks bigtime... closest situation I've ever

Feb 18, 2020, 11:07 AM

had was in the woods behind my house. Had my boxer with me, just taking a stroll. She was not on a leash, I'm letting her run around and smell all the smells. Suddenly she froze and let out a little growl. On the trail maybe 30 feet away was 4 wild dogs. Skinny, mangy, mud & twigs in their hair, you know the look. She was extremely smart and totally under voice control, so I told her to hush and come to me, which she did. But man, I was very scared at that moment.

We're probably 200 yards away from the house, can't make a run for it. She was a beast and could handle any one of them easily, but probably not 4 on 1. And if this becomes a life-and-death scrap, they'll be on me too. What to do. Wave your arms and yell and try to scare them off, or will that trigger an attack? I finally just picked up the biggest stick that was close by, and very slowly retreated. Baby steps. They followed us for a while but never attacked. Thank god.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: sorry man, that sucks bigtime... closest situation I've ever

Feb 18, 2020, 2:38 PM

That's terrifying. Thank God she listened and didnt approach them. Glad y'all made it back.

Replies: 17
| visibility 362
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic