Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Blood in the Water: Tiger offense finds its killer instinct against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Blood in the Water: Tiger offense finds its killer instinct against FSU

Oct 12, 2019, 9:17 PM

Blood in the Water: Tiger offense finds its killer instinct against FSU

Killer instinct. Clemson’s offense was bottled up for much of the win over UNC, and co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott said he wanted his group to have a killer instinct when it faced FSU. That gameplan worked to perfection.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, then starters are pulled 8 minutes into 2nd half

Oct 12, 2019, 9:59 PM

And offense once again goes into limp mode.

I wish we wouldn’t care so much about the score and keep our “aggressive” game plan for the entire game even after the starters are pulled.

Re: Yes, then starters are pulled 8 minutes into 2nd half

Oct 12, 2019, 10:08 PM

We scored 45 points, stayed healthy, and got valuable experience for a lot of players. Seemed like a positive all the way around.

Oct 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

I agree with the mind set of or coaches, but I am concerned about when the payoff commity looks at strength of schedule and quality of wins ..it might hurt us in their eyes, at time to pick the final four...
I hate to say this but a one lose team might jump us, and knock us out of the playoffs...
That's why I am in favor of keeping our starters in and slowly weed in the others...

Oct 12, 2019, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, then starters are pulled 8 minutes into 2nd half ]

I hear what you saying Carl, but those guys need more playing time together to better Jell and get into top playing shape, that's the reason they struggled so bad against UNCheat and a HC that had us figured out. That is my opinion, and I do believe that it has merit. At least let the 1s and 2s play through the 3d quarter, and use the 4th for getting others experience bc they will never have to play a whole game this season, but the 1s and 2s will at some point!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Yes, then starters are pulled 8 minutes into 2nd half ]

Yep, Tony, Jeff, and Dabo are the ones totally responsible for the instinct that our offensive players play with, but as soon as they taste that so called blood in the water, they take the killer sharks, as they say, completely out of the water without allowing them to feast on their prey!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 8:22 AM

Why do you think we just reload ever year now? Dabo has figured out we only have these guys so long. They are mostly all top shelf players. If they learn what they are suppose to do, they generally play and learn from their game mistakes. The backups are one play away from a starter. They need reps to be ready. Dabo has it figured out and that is why these guys come to Clemson. They learn the system, they play and we win. If you worry about the Experts, then we will always be little ole Clemson. Just keep winning and we will always be in! Trust the coaches!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 10:05 AM

I don’t disagree but it seems like we get very conservative with the play calling. Probably out of respect for the other coach. However, if they can’t stop our #2’s with their #1’s, that’s no reason to push the clutch in.

We get style points and reps at the same time.

Re: TNET: Blood in the Water: Tiger offense finds its killer instinct against FSU

Oct 13, 2019, 10:33 AM

Re: TNET: Blood in the Water: Tiger offense finds its killer instinct against FSU

Oct 13, 2019, 1:03 PM

That is a beautiful animal!!! I'm watching this show on TV right now about the biggest killers in the wild, and the Tiger isn't close to being in 1st place, it's about 800 people a year, but that has a lot to do with their population, and now they are saying around 3 thousand. Croc's are the biggest killer of humans of over 2k a year. Like I was just telling my wife, the best way to not be killed by those animals, is to stay the H e l l out of their territory, and your chances of never seeing one of those animals are slim to none, and if they do come into your habitat, do as they do when we trespass kill them if you see them first. One thing is for sure, if you kill one of those animals for trespassing in your domain, a pack of them won't be coming to your domain to kill you for killing one of theirs, and we humans should stop doing it to them, we know the risk when we violate their space!!! Go Tigers, the Clemson Tigers!!!

Oct 13, 2019, 5:14 PM

Hah!!?? What the heck are you talking about? Analogies are great, if they actually come back around the block and actually mean something!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic