Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest

Jun 14, 2017, 12:41 PM

or Worst Dorm Behavior at Clemson? Here are a few of mine from Johnstone E6 1985-1987

1) Cockroach Gladiator Events - We caught up a bunch of roaches, drew a large circle on the Johnstone carpet with Brut Stick Deodorant, put roaches in the middle of the circle, sprayed them with Right Guard spray deodorant and lit the outer circle of Brut. The person whose roach survived the insect holocaust took the pool.

2) Hall Wall Legos - With a number of engineers on my hall, they figured out the modular nature of Johnstone walls and proceeded to remove a passed out resident's door panel module and replace with a solid wall module, thus locking the poor passed out fellow in his room. The next morning the dude freaked out and went out on the ledge pounding on hallmates windows to get him out.

3) Closest Crossover Fun - In the adjoining closet walls we had loosened the top cabinet piece of plywood that divided two rooms, this allowed for viewing of amorous activities, borrowing beer or other mischief. On one occasion I remember 3 guys packed up in that cabinet watching some poor shoebox gal riding my roomate. When one of the guys got pushed into the room mid-coitus he was then chased down the 300 ft of hall by said roomate butt nekked and aroused. The girl slunk off in the walk of shame.

4) Gary The Enforcer - Gary was our hall custodian and a ripped buff member of the club football team, on the rare occasion we trashed the hall too bad, he would pound walls and doors on a Sat or Sun morning forcing the entire hall to clean the mess. No one messed with Gary if they valued their existence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest

Jun 14, 2017, 12:51 PM

The maintenance guy in TTV told us that one person had knocked out the walls in one of the bedrooms, installed an above ground pool INSIDE the house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 12:54 PM

The logistics of such a feat I have yet to figure out. This remains legend.

Jun 14, 2017, 1:35 PM

Heavy duty plastic tarp, 2x4 framing and a hosepipe that connects to the in-room sink. Not a mystery at all...the only mystery is why he went with a pool instead of a hot tub. Duh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

We did something similar on A-7 Johnstone. The showers there were a tiled room - floor to ceiling and including the walls.
Well, take a door off from a room, seal the edges of the door and shower drains with paper towels, place across the shower entrance, and turn on the showers overnight. Next morning, a 4 foot deep swimming pool, comforatble for maybe 20 swimmers.

Boy, were the residents on A-6 pi$$ed when the door got pushed off though.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 1:07 PM

Johnstone F224...penny locking. Push the door in as far as it would go, then insert stacks of pennies (usually 2 or 3) in between the door and the frame. The pennies kept pressure on the deadbolt and it would not turn. To get out, all you had to do was kick the door really hard and the pennies would fall, but no one ever seemed to figure that out the first time...

Pliers for the lock knob are also a means of exit. Always

Jun 14, 2017, 1:49 PM

kept some in the room to thwart such an event.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 1:10 PM

Pennying someone in their room.

Filling up one of the trash barrels with water, leaning it up against someones door, and then knocking loudly.

Ice hockey in the hallways with brooms and tennis balls when the custodians were polishing/waxing the floors.

Bombing the Ticket Witch with snow balls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^Remember well

Jun 14, 2017, 2:31 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jun 14, 2017, 1:14 PM

Raced electric scooters in New West, a.k.a. Stadium Suites.

We stayed on the top floor and executed a race course that included using the elevators and getting off on every floor, cheaply built ramps and high fiving the desk security guard on the main floor.

You got penalized time wise if you didn't complete all steps or had a poor jump...yes we had spotters/cameras.

I took home the sliver medal that year, didn't land one of my jumps and it cost me.

Jun 14, 2017, 1:16 PM

While in shoeboxes the gap under the door to rooms was about 1" tall, enough to slide things under the door. Well there were 2 guys who were roommates who did not get along. Both were drunk and passed out with door locked so we thought we would instigate some trouble. I peed in a frisbee and froze it. Once frozen, poped it out and slid it under door. Given time it melted before they woke. So when they did wake and there was a huge puddle of #### on the floor and their door was locked, they both blamed each other. Ah good times ??

Jun 14, 2017, 1:28 PM

> While in shoeboxes the gap under the door to rooms
> was about 1" tall, enough to slide things under the
> door. Well there were 2 guys who were roommates who
> did not get along. Both were drunk and passed out
> with door locked so we thought we would instigate
> some trouble. I peed in a frisbee and froze it. Once
> frozen, poped it out and slid it under door. Given
> time it melted before they woke. So when they did
> wake and there was a huge puddle of #### on the floor
> and their door was locked, they both blamed each
> other. Ah good times ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jun 14, 2017, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

This is spectacular and I don't even care if it isn't true. Lol.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny !!!***

Jun 14, 2017, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a friend whose roommate didn't like him

Jun 15, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

He pissed in his shampoo bottle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D-4, 90-91

Jun 14, 2017, 1:29 PM

My roommate made the mistake of throwing some Harcombe chocolate pudding out of the window.
It landed on a CU wrestler....
Thirty seconds later, what felt like the whole cast of the WWE, busted through our door threatening to rip us both apart.
Needless to say, that only happened once.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: D-4, 90-91

Jun 14, 2017, 1:39 PM

This doesn't sound funny at all (for him)...and who throws out chocolate pudding? I'm thinking you roommate deserved it.

To be fair; I bet you found his mis-step hilarious. So, still applies.

Re: D-4, 90-91

Jun 14, 2017, 1:49 PM

I got the half the blame at the time. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
The laughs were much later after laundering the underwear.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 14, 2017, 1:48 PM

Once left Johnstone for the weekend. Prior to leaving, I turned on my stereo cassette player (which had auto reverse) with an endless loop of Moon Unit Zappa singing Valley Girl.

Neighbor out smarted me. Knowing where my stereo was, he removed the closest electrical outlet from his wall and disconnected my outlet.

They still suffered a couple hours prior to figuring that out. Said they were moments away from busting out our window.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 2:01 PM

Upvote for 'cassette'.

Stomping shaving cream in an album sleeve under the door

Jun 14, 2017, 1:53 PM

gap always created in interesting mess inside a room

I resemble that one..

Jun 14, 2017, 2:34 PM

-Doc

Jun 14, 2017, 2:08 PM

D-2 Johnstone '82-'85....somebody (not sure who was the brilliant one) used a board and plastic tarp and blocked the shower opening and made a pool! It was awesome! We had a blast on that hall, it was probably the smallest hall in all of Johnstone and we were all close. I miss those times.

^yep, remember that one.

Jun 14, 2017, 2:33 PM

-Doc

Yup...the Johnston hot tub***

Jun 14, 2017, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

Jun 14, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

One Christmas holiday we had a guy who had a room by himself and he NEVER took a shower. When he left for the break, we bought 2 hens and put them in his room with plenty of water and food and they pooped all of the break- we had a note in the room telling why we did it and for some reason he moved out of that room and we never saw him again!

Jun 14, 2017, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Inspired by Dorm Post a Few Days Ago..What Was Your Funniest ]

D-2 '79-'80 If you had been a couple years earlier, you could have experienced the stairwell fire just outside the hall. Guy filled a room full (and I mean FULL!) of crumpled newspapers. When the roommates returned after a Thursday night downtown, they only got the paper into the stairwell and not out to the dumpster.

Around 1:00AM we were awakened to shouts of FIRE! My roommate (the RA) grabs the small fire extinguisher and jumps out in the hall in only his whitie tighties. Right back in the door and out the window we went (jeans on).

It was no fun getting lectured by Dean Cox at 3:00AM about how stupid we had ALL been.

Many other great memories
D6 '77-79
C8 '80-81
Y '81 Not a bad year for Football

Jun 15, 2017, 10:23 AM

Well I was that RA! (and your roommate.) I'll send you my contact info in T-mail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prefabs winter of 81

Jun 14, 2017, 2:38 PM

The 4 of us had just returned from Christmas break. The air was crisp and the leaves were dry. We were settling into some early evening beers when roommate A broke out some bottle rockets. Roommate B decided to shoot them out the window towards the girls next door prefab. After about 30 minutes he ran out of ammunition and that's when we noticed an unnatural glow on the horizon. We went outside to inspect and noticed a small crowd gathering at the top of the hill. When we got there we too saw the fire that was now gaining strength right underneath another prefab's oil tank. Terror crossed our minds as we contemplated explosions and expulsions. Then we heard the sirens. Roommate B, the culprit and keen sensor of who was going to be blamed, immediately took off his coat, ran to the fire and kicked and beat it out single handedly. The onlookers started cheering and when the firemen arrived they congratulated him. He took on the nickname Bonzai "B" and even got mentioned in the next Tiger

Jun 14, 2017, 2:45 PM

After a football game one day, we were throwing any guys that came on B-9 into the showers. Being a freshmen and pretty dumb, I did not recognize the Dean of Men as he entered our hall to check on the uproar. I grabbed him and headed him towards the showers, only to be grabbed by a friend who promptly told me who he was. I disappeared into the crowd quickly and escaped successfully. :)

Also, when our friend went to class, we took hundreds of empty soda cans, crawled on the ledge thru his open window, removed the pins from his door, and stacked the cans behind his door. When he returned from class and opened his door, the crash sounded like the end of the hall had exploded as the metal door slammed onto his floor crushing the cans. We all heard him yell my name, so I locked my door. He weighed 300 and I weighed 150 - so yes - good idea. :)

Long ago in 70s, Johnstone

Jun 14, 2017, 3:30 PM

One weekend we have a big hall party and made up a bunch of purple punch in plastic garbage cans.

Believe it or not, we made so much by early morning there was still a little left; my roommate had orange juice most every morning and for some reason he had kept a lot of the glass jars the OJ came in. So in our wisdom, we thought we could "can" the left over PJ in the old OJ glass jars.

We got about 6-8 half gallon jars filled and sealed the tops on them (not that well, mind you.) We put them up in the sliding doors about the closets in Johnstone (you know, the openings without doors that were the closets.) And forgot about them for a week or so.

The next week I had a buddy over and we were telling him about the party, and remembered the leftover jugs... so asked if he wanted one. Got one down, took top off, and mold all on the top. Needless to say, when he left, he didn't take with him. We figured we would just dump everything in the next few days.... you know, putting it off... Roommate sat the jar back up with the others in the closet, and didn't close the sliding door.

About 2am that morning, roommate and I were both asleep, and all of a sudden there was this LOUD explosion... woke us both up. Didn't know what the heck was going on. Then we heard something that sounded like water dripping... followed shortly this this awful smell. Neither one of us wanted to get up, but roommate got out of the his loft bed, stood on the old sofa we had, turned on lights... and you guessed it... purple crap all over the room, glass everywhere and smell was just awful.

When we moved into Johnstone, we brought some old carpets, and glass and crap all over it, all over his clothes,everywhere... what a mess.... we both got on shoes so as not to cut feet, got up and immediately sat the rest of the jars our on the ledge... opened the windows, door, etc. Everyone around was up and just laughing.

We just decided to go back to bed and clean up the next day. About an hour after getting asleep again... BOOM, another one exploded on the ledge. Before morning, another went. We were afraid to even bring them in after that for fear they would explode in our face. So they sat out there and by end of the next day, all had bombed.

We tried our best to clean the place; the next weekend was parents weekend... so we did everything we could to get the smell, sticky mess, etc. out of there... but even at the end of the year, that smell was still around!

In the late sixties, it was mostly setting dumpsters on fire

Jun 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

and plugging door locks with tooth paste, but one of the funniest things I remember was setting this little guy up for a near heart attack. One guy named Grady, who lived next door to me on D4, was a little weird anyway, and we found out he had a track starters pistol and some blanks. So, 2 or 3 guys including the little guy, came over to our room to play some cards.

We needed one more to play, so we sent the little guy over to get Grady. He bangs on Grady's door, gets no answer and comes back. We talk him into going back and banging the heck out of the door, because Grady was known to take afternoon naps.

Little guy goes back, bangs the heck out of the door, all of a sudden the door flies open, Grady grabs him by the neck, sticks the pistol up to the little guy's head and fires off two quick shots. It scared the ##### out of the little guy, as the rest of us nearly died laughing, watching.

Bro....that is messed up.....

Jun 15, 2017, 10:22 AM

Hilarious...but messed up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Those are all incredible stories, guys.

Jun 14, 2017, 5:15 PM

Mine are too tame to post by comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Another good one... from 70s

Jun 14, 2017, 5:40 PM

We also did te shaving cream in the album covers...

but one time someone went to a bait shop and bought a bunch of crickets... came back and let the lose under someone's door... what fun that was lol

Completely filled room with newspaper (someone else mentioned that...)

There was this big yelling "fight" between C6 and D6 one year ... i.e. D6 s****... blah blah blah... then folks started throwing stuff... cans, cups, etc... then went to glass jars... I remember mayo being all over the floor with glass... someone finally threw a big glass bottle of household cleaner/ammonia... ended up, CUFD had to come and put in those big fans to clear smells out...

Trying to see if vodka would actually light (duhh yea it does...) and the kicker... one fool was holding a paper cup with the vodka in it. Flames went up, dropped the cup, flames everywhere on the carpet in that room, everyone had to stomp fire out....

oh the fun days....

one of my pledge brothers

Jun 14, 2017, 5:51 PM

Lived right outside of harcombe in Johnstone.

We would toss ice cream cones on their window daily. His room mate was far from a fraternity guy and never as the humor.

Did the shaving cream in a bag trick and smashed it with a stack of books creating a snow storm inside of dorm room where dude was FINALLY getting some. She got pizzed and asked to go home. I believe a DUI happened and we were blamed for such, but never owned up to it.

Officer Black saw and heard a good bit of my life while smoking cigs looking over Riggs field.

B-9 75-79

Jun 14, 2017, 5:52 PM

(1) Flooded halls...playing hockey with brooms and large bar of soap as the puck
(2) Flooded community shower stall..covering opening with plexiglass to scuba dive about three feet deep
(3) Hall Christmas Tree caught on fire..decorated with empty beer cans and liquor bottles

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2017, 6:34 PM

I was in on one of the great food fights at Harcombe. It was advertised well in advance, so even the campus police were there with their rain gear on. Everyone was tapping their glasses, waiting for the first brave soul to launch a roll. When it finally happened, nothing was spared. Plates, trays, ice cream, any and all food went flying. It was awesome. Better than Animal House. The place was packed wall to wall with people, but I think only six got arrested. Good times.

Jun 14, 2017, 6:54 PM

Walking up the stairway, heard a loud bang just prior to opening the door. Walked into the hall to see 2 guys with golf clubs practicing their swing and driving balls down the hall.

Jumped back into the stairway and decided that was a good time to go eat.

Yeah, I know the ceiling didn't allow for a full swing, but noise I heard walking down the stairs, they had a decent half swing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking about crumpled newspapers and ledges -

Jun 14, 2017, 6:58 PM

The latticework on the "New F" dorms was perfect for a prank where newspaper was piled from the floor to the ceiling level outside a room near mine and lighter fluid sprayed under the door from the hallway in the middle of the night. Both were ignited at the same time and we pounded on the door screaming " fire!" - the guys woke up to fire coming under their door and windows completely engulfed in flame. Guys wouldn't speak to us for a week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blow dry talcom powder under the door***

Jun 14, 2017, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would put the powder in the blow dryer...

Jun 14, 2017, 9:45 PM

so when some unsuspecting victim turned it on...POOF !!!

It was hilarious !!!!

In January '66 temperature dropped to zero

Jun 14, 2017, 7:08 PM

had frost on the inside of outer walls of my room on third floor facing the campus police office. Guys down the hall kept pouring trashcans filled with water out the window onto ledge above a spot where cars could drive underneath the building to parking area on quadrangle side. Water froze on way to ground forming a thick wall of ice and blocking exit from parking lot where a few university vehicles were parked. It was quite a while before they were able to get out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In January '66 temperature dropped to zero

Jun 15, 2017, 11:09 AM

Jan '70 it got down below 10 and someone had the idea that if we steamed up the shower on D3 and openned the windows it would snow. Didn't work so plan B. Filled trash cans and iced the whole ramp under D and F to slide on with cafeteria trays. Cops came and tried to drive up ramp...3 times. When they finally figured out they had come up on foot, we split.

Good lord i was boring in college***

Jun 14, 2017, 8:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good lord i was boring in college***

Jun 14, 2017, 8:31 PM

You and me both brother.

Good memories! Johnstone E638

Jun 14, 2017, 8:47 PM

was my abode from Fall '87 thru Spring '90.
Good times!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You older guys got away with some crazy stuff....Most of my

Jun 15, 2017, 10:35 AM

stories are drunk and disorderly and probably only funny to myself and those involved.

My favorite thing to do in a Clemson dorm was to climb out of my window onto the Clemson House roof and grill out with friends.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

decorum prohibits listing them here - Douglas C Neidermeyer***

Jun 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

great topic..probly shouldn't share..still makes me retch

Jun 15, 2017, 11:21 AM

i lived off campus, but had a buddy in old johnstone..near that old sagging drive-under span..

we were playin the dirt pekkers at home that weekend and my buddy's roommate was out of town, so i stayed at johnstone that saturday nite..havent looked to confirm, but it was 81 or 82, i'd guess..almost certain we won, too, but i dont have much memory after about noon on that saturday..think it was the same weekend a naive coot parked his proudly-decorated vw beetle behind johnstone and it burned up..also not sure it really happened, but i sorta remember it like it did..

anyway, we got very drunk and it was absolute bedlam on the hall that nite..i woke up sunday morning with the worst hangover i ever had as a young person, face down in the freakin' hall shower..i presume/hope it was the contents of my stomach all over my chest and legs..never found my shirt, but fortunately, my pants remained on..i have to leave the room every time i smell peppermint schnapps to this day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Yes it happened. I was there...

Jun 15, 2017, 11:52 AM

Pretty sure it was 81. I was a freshman in F section and remember it vividly. But we played the coots in Cooterville that year so the opponent must've been someone else. I vaguely remember someone putting straw in it and setting it ablaze.

Re: Yes it happened. I was there...

Jun 15, 2017, 1:22 PM

It was 82. I was there, overlooking some of it on C-8 - the guy jumping out of his car and yelling "GO C@CKS!" before running inside kinda forced those nearby to make it happen.

LOL. My freshman year in Benet we had a guy get

Jun 15, 2017, 12:02 PM [ in reply to great topic..probly shouldn't share..still makes me retch ]

obliterated on everclear. Great dude that everybody loved so we were trying to take care of him. He somehow ended up on the communal shower floor lapping up water off the floor like a dog.

I almost hurled watching him. We wore shower sandals for a reason.

I remember now...

Jun 15, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to great topic..probly shouldn't share..still makes me retch ]

It was the weekend before the coot game in 81 when we played Maryland at home. It's all coming back to me now.

Jun 15, 2017, 12:03 PM

I was there for #2 and #3 morbidtiger. Think said girls name was "animal" and I was one of those being chased. Think you may remember a few others below.

Someone on my Johnstone F3 hallway shooting out post office door with a BB gun.

Lining up with a 5 iron outside F3 entrance with others trying to clear Johnstone C roof with a bucket of golf balls around midnight.

Stealing a fraternity keg and bringing back to Johnstone, returned it the next night empty.

Making a slip and slide in the hallway with shampoo/water.

"Zeus, God of Lighting" firing florescent tubes down the hall into doorway.

4 of us jumping into dorm wall at the joint and caving it in(think it was Freshman John's room)

Shooting bottle rockets under peoples doors

Streaking in the snow from Johnstone to Dillard and back.

Other stuff that probably should not be brought up on a public forum.

I'm Pretty Sure Zeus God of Lightning Gave Someone Cancer

Jun 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

All that florescent bulb powder filling the the whole hall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2017, 1:43 PM

Lever the, My roommate and I "liberated" a massive pumpkin. We kept the thing around for a couple of weeks before we got tired of it. We knew the Crowe private security guard walked his beat past our room every night like clockwork. So, we took our window apart and rolled the pumpkin over to the edge and waited for him to pass by, ~7 stories below. When he was directly below, we rolled that pumpkin out the window. The guard may have taken two or three steps before the pumpkin exploded on the sidewalk behind him. He ended up covered with pumpkin innards.

We also ended up with a cue ball from Slugs. The proprietor charged us for chalk, so we left with the cue ball. We climbed up to the very top of the stair well in Lever Hall and dropped the cue ball down the gap between the stairs all the way to the basement. We were certain that the ball would shatter due to the impact. It did not break. The only damage was a slight dime sized dent. Eventually we took it back to Slugs and replaced it so that the flat spot could affect someone's game.

Jun 15, 2017, 2:27 PM

I lived in Johnstone for the entire 1st semester of 1982 while attending Tri-County. I was not a student at Clemson. One of my HS friends and his roommate put their beds on 4"x4" post and I paid the each half of their housin fee to share their dorm room. I remember the old community showers they had in Johnstone. The room was on the 2nd floor but I don't remember the section but it faced that steep hill people use to walk down to DV. I used friends ID's to get into the student athletic center, played on 2 intramural sports teams, used the Clemson library and got several parking tickets because I was to lazy to move my car from the visitors spot outside the side entrance to Johnstone. They finally towed my car. Then I learned to walk from the commuter parking lot. My car was even a victim to the infamous crapper. Came out one morning to drive over to Tri-County and found a gift on my windshield. I attended hall meetings too. The RA lived 6 rooms down from us and thought I was a frequent visitor. He had no idea I lived their that entire semester. We had a blast roaches and all. How all 3 of us lived in those tiny rooms without going nuts I will never know. But we did have a great time together.

In 1982 you could still sit out on the ledge, grill out or have outdoor chairs to chill out in. One day after I got back from Tri-County I was sitting outside enjoying the sun. There were 3 or 4 kids riding their bikes up and down that steep hill our room faced. My buddy and roommate came back but I did not hear come in. So he goes over to the window starts shouting out nasty words to the kids on the bikes. They thought it was me so they left, but about 10 minutes later they came back with their dad's. The dad's started counting up and over to find out where I lived. I dove back into our room before they came up and gave me an a&& whoopin.

It was awesome living on Clemson's Campus but going to Tri-County Tech. That semester I developed some great friendships in Johnstone. And even dated a couple of Clemson freshman babe's.

Years later I ran into one of them and her husband at a friends birthday party. I was slightly embarrassed after remembering dating her at Clemson. Neither of us ever brought it up but she turned a little red faced too.

In the fall I ended up at Winthrop were I had a fantastic crazy 4 years. It's kind of funny because I started out on the 2nd floor in my dorm room at Winthrop. I was even an RA for 2 years. On my floor one of the guys had a room by himself so I allowed his girlfriend to live with him for the entire year. They ended up getting married. Lol

Those were the Best of times between my time at Clemson and Winthrop. And somehow having all of that fun I still managed to graduate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic