Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney and Elliott check in on McCloud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 4,125

New Story: Swinney and Elliott check in on McCloud

Dec 6, 2014, 8:01 AM

Swinney and Elliott check in on McCloud

Members of the Clemson coaching staff have been in the Tampa area over the past few days, and head coach Dabo Swinney and newly-minted offensive coordinator Tony Elliott stopped in to see talented 4-star commit Ray-Ray McCloud Thursday evening.What was their message to the family? What did they think about Clemson's performance against South Carolina, and what are their thoughts on the change at offensive coordinator?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney and Elliott check in on McCloud

Dec 6, 2014, 8:13 AM

I realize coaches try to put the best face on their program as possible but to read about what this family thinks about Dabo, Tony and Clemson makes me very proud of how they "sell" Clemson. I hate to make stupid, off-the-wall comments but I see nothing standing in our way the next several years. The type of young men we are recruiting means Dabo isn't trying to make a great team, he's building a great program. With all of the craziness of the coaching carousel these days, I'm sure glad we don't have to be involved in that madness!

2000 yards every day! That's awesome!

Dec 6, 2014, 8:24 AM

Haha ... love the typo. Can't wait to see this kid in orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2000 yards every day! That's awesome!

Dec 6, 2014, 8:42 AM

McCloud reminds me of a young Laveon Bell . So similar in the way they use space in a defense to create more space. Quick , great upfield burst and vision.
He is going to be a great one folks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 6, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to 2000 yards every day! That's awesome! ]

I really think he takes Saturday and Sunday off.

Dec 6, 2014, 12:34 PM

McCloud and Cain are going to do some special things over the next 4 years. Exciting time to be Clemson Fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2014, 9:04 AM

If the kids we have on the team now and the recruits we have coming in don't get you excited about the future of clemson football there's something wrong with you. It's great to be a tiger fan now.

Dec 6, 2014, 9:06 AM

I really appreciate that Dabo and staff are not just 1 dimensional coaches who care about nothing but football. These kids are smart, at least the ones we sign, and they see that Clemson offers the best of both worlds. Great football opportunities and great life lessons. Also, a pretty valuable degree, which virtually all of them will leave with. Very proud of Clemson Football!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he signs smart guys, but once in a while...

Dec 6, 2014, 10:05 AM

If they do something stupid once they're here, the coaches don't let things slide just because of some recruiting stars or because the position is already thin. I think they proved that this year. Plus, it's not a one strike deal. They have a chance to redeem themselves but there are REAL consequences along the way. I have IMMENSE respect for that and I think a parent that sends their son to this team does too.

Re: Yes, he signs smart guys, but once in a while...

Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM

Unless we find out something off the wall and crazy (please don't slam me) like up at Penn St. Or something else, I see Dabo building a dynasty. Clemson is not an SEC team or better yet Alabama and SEC team where just the name recruits for itself. Then in top of that, you have ESPN recruiting for them all the time as well. Clemson, although a team with rich tradition of winning and good academics, doesn't have the benefit of being in the SEC where the coaches barely have to recruit.

Dabo, Scott, Elliott, and company are building this team with great, young men. You can tell they are if a different breed and come from very good families. Look at Boyd and his parents. They are the type of people you would go out of you way to build a relationship with, even without football being included. Then fast forward to Ray Ray. What about Garrett Williams? All of the offensive lineman. The depth of character in these guys and their families is second to none.

Now we are not immune to a bad apple every once in a while. Bellamy! A waste if talent!! Chad Kelly, Ky Priester, and right now we have no idea the behind the scenes of what is taking place with Jay Jay McCollough. Listed as a TE, but I see a guy who could be a TE/RB and just barrel his way through a line, behind a lead blocker and convert a 3rd and short. Yet, the coaches make those decisions. I hope that situation is fixed and we don't lose a very valuable player.

Dabo is recruiting multi-dimensional players with great values. I remember when Travis Blanks first got on campus I read where instead of being out partying he was in his dorm room studying and reading the bible. He said he wasn't at Clemson to party, but to be a better man and football player.

To finish up. Stephone said it when he committed that "Clemson is coming". They have been and still are. It has taken some time, but Dabo is building a championship team. We are deep and only getting deeper. The offense is going to be unrel and hard to stop. The defense, although losing a lot, is reloading. Hold in tight guys. If we add Huggins, Wilkins, and could somehow swing Mark Fields our defense may not skip a beat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shows how much they think of and want McCloud. Please

Dec 6, 2014, 9:22 AM

come to Clemson and win a NC

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 4,125
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic