Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday's Clemson football practice report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Aug 6, 2011, 10:03 PM

The Tigers worked for two hours and 45 minutes in varying weather that included some light rain showers that cooled off the players. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellington really looks sharp!!

Aug 6, 2011, 10:12 PM

Is it me or are the quarterbacks throwing behind the receivers on a lot of passes?

Re: Ellington really looks sharp!!

Aug 6, 2011, 10:49 PM

Yes, Boyd especially. He did most of the time at the spring game. I posted after the SG that I thought Stoudt would be the starter by the 4th or 5th. He has looked better than Boyd on accuracy and IMO arm in the SG and my thoughts haven't changed so far.

I hope I'm wrong because that would mean we're not winning games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's throwing behind them

Aug 6, 2011, 11:04 PM

Because he hasn't gotten used to the speed yet.

THIS

Aug 6, 2011, 11:08 PM

our speed at WR is ridiculous. Give it time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS

Aug 6, 2011, 11:48 PM

agreed on the speed....I think our freshman are going to play a huge role this season....

However that speed played no role in Boyd's inabilitty to lead receivers last season and in the SG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The freshmen are the ones with speed is what he means.

Aug 7, 2011, 12:10 AM

Those freshmen who had their second day of practice today.

And in both of the videos from the past two days I've seen Stoudt throw two interceptions. Don't really see why all the hate for Tajh is going on.

Re: The freshmen are the ones with speed is what he means.

Aug 7, 2011, 12:14 AM

I know exactly what he means...as I said those freshman will make a difference with their SPEED...

But last season and in the spring game we didn't have those Freshman (SPEED) and Boyd was still horrible with accuracy....so speed has NOTHING to do with Boyd's innacurracy last season and in the spring game...he was throwing to the same guys.....

IT WAS THE SPRING GAME. NOT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Aug 7, 2011, 12:17 AM

If you looked at 90 percent of Spring games most players look terrible. That's the way it is.

Tajh Boyd is going to be our quarterback barring injury. That's not for 3-4 games, not for 8-9, for 13, or hopefully 14. Period.

But if you must say, please tell me at which point in the video Tajh is throwing behind and Cole is not.

Just watch the videos guy.....take off the glasses....

Aug 7, 2011, 12:36 AM

IF I have to I'll give you minute tagets to look at....

Tajh has not looked good....

Re: IT WAS THE SPRING GAME. NOT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Aug 7, 2011, 12:43 AM [ in reply to IT WAS THE SPRING GAME. NOT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. ]

Ok I will
To be fair I did both of their bad passes for sat...

Boyd:
Saturday video:
1:25 completely behinf receiver
1:33 instead of leading receiver, through behind him
1:44 behind receiver, INT
1:59 behind receiver

Stoudt:
1:38 threw above receiver but not behind....

I'll do Friday's in minute

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=9801
3rd video

Aug 7, 2011, 12:58 AM

Boyd:
1:25-Threw to outside shoulder. I'll take that throw ALL DAY considering the defender has to go through the receiver to intercept it so it's either a 15 yard pass interference or either a 30 yard game.

1:33-True it was behind but not a very bad throw and Allen will still get 5 yards out of it.

1:44-Bad throw, behind him as you said and led to INT.

1:59-It was a deep ball in the end zone. You can't really lead the receiver there. You can't really say that's behind the receiver without knowing the situation they were in.

Stoudt:
1:38-Yes it was above him and not behind. But in a game if you throw one like that then Sammy will have a helmet in his rib cage and will be coughing up blood.

2:40-You left this one out, and with good reason. Stoudt threw to a receiver on the defense. Look at how the ball looks through the throw. It's pointed down, doesn't look good. But in fairness he hit the DB in stride.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:01 AM

2:40

you got me there....didn't realize that was D....

So in fall camp both have 1 INT?? lol

Aug 7, 2011, 1:04 AM

On Saturday they both have 1.

In fall camp Stoudt edges out Boyd 2 to 1. (Watch the Friday video too.

are you kidding me?

Aug 7, 2011, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: IT WAS THE SPRING GAME. NOT THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. ]

that first example is throwing back shoulder. that is a planned pass. it is a route only the wr knows it will be behind him. It's used to catch CB off guard. but I guess you knew this, right?

The second example, he leads the receiver up field. if he throws it in front of the receiver then the corner closes on him by the time he turns up field.

the third example is slightly behind. If a receiver can't catch that pass, get off the field.

The last example is a jump ball. This is the only example I'll give you.

you and everyone who are arguing this are the one's who are not watching the video. Please stop complaining about everything. or complain and show good examples!

Aug 7, 2011, 12:34 AM [ in reply to The freshmen are the ones with speed is what he means. ]

I just watched both videos again and stoudt never passed behind a receive once... he did make one pass where the receiver had to jump straigt up to get it but not behind....he did have an int in the SG but I was sitting in the west zone end where it happened and it was thrown fine but tipped by the receiver. Stoudt has looked "stout" as a fresh....and my prediction still stands...

Boyd is throwing horrible so far...just watch the videos without your orange colored glasses...

Stoudt reminds me of Whitehurst...

Aug 7, 2011, 12:50 AM

Ok watched it again. Never had orange colored glasses on, I just don't have my Cole Stoudt teddy bear beside me.

First off. You probably don't see Stoudt throwing behind receivers because he THREW TWO PASSES IN TODAY'S VIDEO.

The first to Watkins that he threw high and Watkins had to extend to catch. In drills that's ok but it won't be when Sammy takes a hit to the ribs and is coughing up blood. The next play Cole doesn't make a throw but scrambles. Finally, Stoudt throws an interception and if you watch closely you see the ball has a weird look on it and basically almost nosedives.

Maybe you should go back and watch the video again. Did you even notice that McNeal probably has the most passes of the three in the video today?

Aug 7, 2011, 12:59 AM

That doesn't mean he only threw two and of coursre with Tajh being the starter CAD will video him more....did you watch Friday's?

Yes and you only saw 4 bad throws from Boyd.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:01 AM

We saw 2 passes from Stoudt and both were not on target. Unless he meant to throw it to the DB.

And I don't care if Stoudt reminds you of Joe Montana, Boyd is the QB.

Re: Yes and you only saw 4 bad throws from Boyd.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:31 AM

I know Boyd is the QB

I think it would be stupid and dangerous tgo have Stoudt start the season....

I'm just saying I "belieive" Stoudt will be the starter by game 4 or 5....

Stoudt is a true fresh where boyd has had 2 1/2 years more of college experience...

Aug 7, 2011, 1:34 AM

Yes Stoudt is a true freshman. And after playing Troy, Wofford, and Auburn Stoudt still won't have enough experience to be the starter.

My point is after 3 or 4 games Stoudt still won't have what it takes to lead this team and if we go that way then we will be wishing for what we had this past year again.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:43 AM

I'm saying if SG and Fall practice continues "as is" throught the first 3 or 4 games Stoudt will take over...

Stoudt will def. get time again Troy and Wofford...if Tahj still has passing problems that cost us the game aginst Auburn/FSU I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over against FSU/VT

dead on!***

Aug 7, 2011, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: The freshmen are the ones with speed is what he means. ]

Re: He's throwing behind them

Aug 6, 2011, 11:38 PM [ in reply to He's throwing behind them ]

He was Throwing behind them in the SG. What's your excuse there??

Re: He's throwing behind them

Aug 7, 2011, 12:30 AM [ in reply to He's throwing behind them ]

you throw to the back shoulder on fades especially when wr is even with db.....the fade stop is a difficult thing to defend

expect this debate all season***

Aug 7, 2011, 5:47 AM [ in reply to He's throwing behind them ]

I disagree

Aug 6, 2011, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Ellington really looks sharp!! ]

I think Boyd looks much sharper than Stoudt. Stoudt's release is slow as Christmas

Re: I disagree

Aug 6, 2011, 11:39 PM

You Obviously did not attend the spring game.

Do you know what the Spring Game is? A glorified practice.

Aug 7, 2011, 12:11 AM

You can't honestly take anything away from a spring game besides the athleticism a player has.

Re: Do you know what the Spring Game is? A glorified practice.

Aug 7, 2011, 1:02 AM

When evaluating 2011 as a fan....SG and fall practice is all you have....

I did and I saw stout miss about 90% of deep balls

Aug 7, 2011, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I disagree ]

and Like the poster you responded too, stout's release is slow. he is not the better option. and will not play this year

Re: I did and I saw stout miss about 90% of deep balls

Aug 7, 2011, 7:37 PM

Stoudt was also the ONLY one to hit any deep balls too. And no - he did NOT miss 90% of those. I was there. His read-and-release is fantastic. Very sharp IMO. Not sure where you get 90% from. Got some stats to back that ridiculous statement up?

Re: I disagree

Aug 7, 2011, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

lol - man - Stoudt is still the man to throw the ball. Boyd doesn't look any better than at the SG. Stoudt's passes are crisp and deadly. The verdict is still out on who needs to run this team. I hope the coaches see something that I'm missing. I still think Stoudt starts by mid-season. Just a few more days and we'll see what we need to see.

Considering that Boyd is doing everything and more than he's been asked to do, we HAVE to let him start and see what happens. If he's okay, then Dabo will stick with him. Crossing fingers on this one.

They showed Boyd throwing 5 passes

Aug 7, 2011, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Ellington really looks sharp!! ]

Maybe the first pass was a little behind the receiver, but it was completed. I'd let the coaches do the analysis since they get to see the entire session.

Re: They showed Boyd throwing 5 passes

Aug 7, 2011, 1:03 AM

80% were behind...watch both again.....and watch SG...I was there

who cares if you were there!?

Aug 7, 2011, 3:30 PM

Like that gives you some kind of secret info...I was there also. Spring game is not a place to judge someone. especially when a new offense was literally JUST installed. I take that back, not even a quarter of the way installed. Fall is the time to judge and he looks sharp in these video's regardless of what you see

Re: Ellington really looks sharp!!

Aug 9, 2011, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Ellington really looks sharp!! ]

Everythings sounds great. The coaches are saying the right things, but it's still all up to the boys up front. We've had great skill players in recent years, but couldn't do squat because we looked like 6 guys trying to block 11.

Re: Saturday's Clemson football practice report

Aug 6, 2011, 10:33 PM

who is #11.

it does seem like they are throwing behind

Aug 6, 2011, 10:43 PM

the receivers sometimes. They need to throw it so that the receivers don't have to turn around or slow down and lose any speed. We need to take advantage of the speedy receivers we have by throwing it so they can run into/under them.

McNeal(sp)... used to be 7 but Watkins has it now

Aug 6, 2011, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday's Clemson football practice report ]

Thought I heard somewhere that he always wanted 11 but KP had it at the time

is DABO wearing a Block C?!?!?***

Aug 6, 2011, 11:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is DABO wearing a Block C?!?!?***

Aug 6, 2011, 11:54 PM

Noticed that too....looks like it's very close to the 80's version...soon as I saw it I new I wanted one of those hats

Danny block C:

Dabo C:

Just for reference
New C:

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

I'll add that Iove the block C

Aug 6, 2011, 11:59 PM

The new C is woohoo type of ridiculous...

That "new C"

Aug 7, 2011, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: is DABO wearing a Block C?!?!?*** ]

has always been for baseball. I have never seen it for football.

BTW, we had it back when Wilhelm was our coach. Hardly "woohoo" if you are implying anything negative by that...

Re: That "new C"

Aug 7, 2011, 1:13 AM

well I haven't been a baseball fanatic so maybe not...but I don't like it for football...

They wore them last year.***

Aug 6, 2011, 11:55 PM [ in reply to is DABO wearing a Block C?!?!?*** ]

Re: They wore them last year.***

Aug 6, 2011, 11:58 PM

I never noticed that...any pics?

The coaches have had them since 2009

Aug 7, 2011, 12:54 AM

and Nike sold the hat last year. Before that, the only Block C hats downtown were off brand.

Coaches during the Music City Bowl
http://uspresswire.com/image/4198743

Re: The coaches have had them since 2009

Aug 7, 2011, 1:14 AM

Thanks....I've got to pick up one...LOVE IT!

Flag man

Aug 7, 2011, 5:15 AM

Anybody know why the guy with the orange flag runs around behind the line of scrimmage after the offense snaps the ball?

I think its Radio***

Aug 7, 2011, 10:17 AM

marking the LOS for the next play***

Aug 7, 2011, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Flag man ]

Re: Saturday's Clemson football practice report

Aug 7, 2011, 10:13 AM

3:25 Bubble screen alert!

Dabo

Aug 7, 2011, 11:28 AM

Dabo doesn't wanna give the true freshman alot of pub
yet,but in paticular,Charone Peake looks PHANOMINAL,wow.

Now,I know everything hasn't been put completely together
yet.But our receivers look ver good.I'm sure some of you
would agree.They're making some big time catches out
there.

As far as the OL,many are thinking the line could
look like this by the 1st game.

LT-Smith/Thomas/Price
LG-Cloy/Davis
C-Freeman/Cloy
RG-McClain/Sanders
RT-Walker/Webster

Meaning the best 5 would play.But one guy to keep