Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cool that FSU Band
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,537

Cool that FSU Band

Oct 30, 2016, 11:07 PM

Played Tiger Rag for us in pregame show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was our band not there?

Oct 30, 2016, 11:10 PM

I did notice that The Marching Chiefs were absent in Louisville this year. Odd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Tiger Band was in Doak Campbell. Could you not hear

Oct 30, 2016, 11:36 PM

them blaring Tiger Rag throughout the game and the alma mater at the end?

FSU Marching Chiefs welcome visitors in their pre-game show by playing the visiting team fight song. It's a nice gesture. Other bands do that as well (e.g., The Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, Tiger Band was in Doak Campbell. Could you not hear

Oct 30, 2016, 11:40 PM

I recall UNCs band doing this for us up in Chapel Hill one time in the mid-90s.

Oct 30, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Yes, Tiger Band was in Doak Campbell. Could you not hear ]

Now that you mention it , yes I do. Found it odd that the Chiefs played Tiger Rag. Nice gesture. Found it more odd that they were not in Kentucky. Hope it wasn't because Louisville did not accommodate them. The Chiefs are very impressive but don't try to tell that to the Million Dollar band. They think very highly of themselves.

Most schools only send their full band to one regular season

Oct 31, 2016, 12:35 AM

away game each year. So it is not a surprise they didn't send the band to Louisville.

Clemson is very fortunate and highly unsual. Clemson sends at least a pep band to every away game. We sent the full band to three of our five away games (at Auburn, at Georgia Tech, and at Florida State). That is virtually unheard of these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most schools only send their full band to one regular season

Oct 31, 2016, 1:05 AM

It helps that Clemson is very centrally located. Tallanasty is only ~6 hrs bus, while the virginia schools are similar. GT, Louisville, and all the NC schools are the same or less. I know when I was in band we flew ~30 people to aTm and Miami, and sent larger contingents to the other games the full band didn't travel to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most schools only send their full band to one regular season

Oct 31, 2016, 6:14 AM [ in reply to Most schools only send their full band to one regular season ]

I've been told that (at least a couple of years ago) that Clemson was 1 of 2 schools in the country that sends the band (full or pep) to every game. The other school was LSU.

Oct 30, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Yes, Tiger Band was in Doak Campbell. Could you not hear ]

BCs band does it as well. Played it for us on Oct 5th in Chesnut Hill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a GREAT night! I still don;t have my voice back***

Oct 31, 2016, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Yes, Tiger Band was in Doak Campbell. Could you not hear ]

Re: What a GREAT night! I still don;t have my voice back***

Oct 31, 2016, 8:11 AM

I didn't know that Clemson is one of very few schools that sends the whole band to multiple away games and at least a Pep Band to all away games. I have really pleased to see that here.

I love it that our band is there at all our games. 'The Band' is an important part of the collegiate football gameday experience and I think it adds a lot of the game, inspires the fans and shows direct student involvement in the games beyond what the athletes do.

I was there at the game Saturday night and I loved seeing and hearing Tiger Band there.

Go Tiger Band!

Rewatch the game.

Oct 31, 2016, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Was our band not there? ]

You see them on camera lots.

If Clemson is playing football, some form of Tiger Band will

Oct 31, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Was our band not there? ]

be there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That's one of the Marching Chief's traditions.

Oct 31, 2016, 9:22 AM

They play the fight song of the visiting school to welcome their fans. Kinda neat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

They played like hell after the game was over.

Oct 31, 2016, 9:28 AM

As Tiger band sat in silence. You would have thought they had won.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,537
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic