Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not Slurrrier to Texas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Why not Slurrrier to Texas

Dec 15, 2013, 6:03 PM

Anybody heard Slurriers name concerning the Texas job. I know Cootlina is the last stop for any coach, however, he is the best that they have ever had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not Slurrrier to Texas

Dec 15, 2013, 6:10 PM

I live in columbia so I'll bite. Why go somewhere where the expectations are high? Win 8-10 games a year you have a Paterno/Sandusky statue of of yourself after 5-7 years. He is the almighty himself down here. Why would he EVER leave? Bluff road constantly has rose petals strewn about before his arrival.

Coots are getting spoiled. I think their fans are in

Dec 15, 2013, 6:20 PM

for a reality check after Spurrier retires or when the recruits start believing Spurrier is getting ready to hang it up. I think their bowl attendance is going to be a lot less than past years.

I'm sure they are confident they can go out and hire another great coach. I just don't see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2013, 6:19 PM

Spurrier still hasn't won anything of significance at South Carolina, despite having assistants like Charlie Strong and Ellis Johnson. That is unless you consider beating your in state rival 5 times in a row an accomplishment worth noting. (which I do not) I consider winning conference championships and national championships real success.

I don't see why a program like Texas would want Spurrier… South Carolina fans are happy as a pig in slop, because they have experienced the best days of their football program's history. Most look past the fact that Clemson made it easier for them by firing Bowden and hiring an inexperienced head coach and hiring/firing assistant coaches. Therefore, helping South Carolina improve their recruiting.

Texas fans are looking for a head coach that will win a national championship next year. Spurrier did it at Florida, but that was a long time ago and Florida is a completely different program than South Carolina.

Dec 16, 2013, 10:31 AM

Charlie Strong was never a Spurrier assistant at SC.

Did Austin lose their town drunk ?***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:41 PM

Dec 15, 2013, 7:21 PM

Alabama went after Spurrier before Saban and he made it clear then and he has made it clear since.....South Carolina is his last stop.....period.

Yep...he knows the history

Dec 15, 2013, 7:26 PM

No head coach has ever left there for another job

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep...he knows the history

Dec 15, 2013, 10:14 PM

Brad Scott says hello!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The obvious point was..

Dec 16, 2013, 10:56 AM

..as another Head Coach. Point is obvious to anyone with an IQ larger than their belt size. To your credit, you do have a very large belt size, but unfortunately it still leaves you in the extremely mentally challenged range.

Too old (3rd oldest coach) ... too far from Augusta National***

Dec 15, 2013, 7:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too old and Texas wouldnt consider him***

Dec 15, 2013, 9:25 PM

Dec 15, 2013, 10:44 PM

I dont think the old drunk ball coach will ever move away from the Augusta Masters golf course. Seems he is more interested in playing golf there than coaching.

Dec 16, 2013, 10:20 AM

Texas thinks they are bigger than they are!!!! I am not saying it is a great coaching gig but they have really screwed themselves the past several years with all this conference relignment BS. They are the ones who started it and now it is coming back to bite them.

They thought by Saban was a shoe in and would could without even going through the proper channels to talk to him.

If Texas was smart they would have worked with Mack Brown to bring in a DC or OC with the intention of making them the HC in the next 1 or 2 years and allow Mack to groom him. Mack can still bring in talent but if they do not find a HC quick then they could lose out on some top talent in Texas leaving for other schools.

Dec 16, 2013, 10:28 AM

He can't get away with being drunk during live interviews. Won't cut it in Austin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think this is a good move for him.

Dec 16, 2013, 10:59 AM

Because instead of having just one show per week to get slurried for, he would have the entire longhorn network to party with whenever he wanted!!

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

The fact that he has the nickname "Slurrier"

Dec 16, 2013, 11:04 AM

Enough said.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 16, 2013, 11:22 AM

Because Dabo™ is clearly a better head coach? Right??

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic