Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami

Dec 14, 2018, 7:16 PM

I was a student in the upper deck in the student section, and it was Awesome.

On top of the world so to speak.

We should have won that game but that is the most fun I’ve ever had at a Clemson football game. Does anyone else remember how Loud that game was?

I lived my freshman year at Byrnes Hall dormitory.

Did anyone else on here live there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will rock you ! It was the start of the FSU demise !***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, have to agree on that one. #2 laying out Ponder was

Dec 14, 2018, 7:22 PM

an extra added bonus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, have to agree on that one. #2 laying out Ponder was

Dec 14, 2018, 7:25 PM

Is that 2009 Clemson/FSU ?

I was there too !!!

Dec 14, 2018, 8:41 PM

Is that 2009 Clemson/FSU ?

I was there too !!!

Was there too... Unreal Atmosphere!!!.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

I was there also, and loved every minute of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

The point and his smile . . .

Dec 14, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Yep, have to agree on that one. #2 laying out Ponder was ]

Made it special!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VVV This VVV

Dec 14, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Yep, have to agree on that one. #2 laying out Ponder was ]

https://youtu.be/pfI6UZ8pwP0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was that McDaniel (the safety)? Man he was good***

Dec 15, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Yep, have to agree on that one. #2 laying out Ponder was ]

Yep, Deandre McDaniel. Just goes to show you can't tell

Dec 15, 2018, 10:04 AM

who will make it in the NFL, because I thought he couldn't miss.

Re: Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami

Dec 14, 2018, 7:29 PM

Ga Tech @ CU 2006 Tigers won 31-7

“The Juke” by CJ Spiller !***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:34 PM

Re: “The Juke” by CJ Spiller !***

Dec 15, 2018, 10:07 AM

Right in front of us, (as in front as being in the lower part of the upper deck can be.) I still couldn't believe what I had just seen, even after they replayed it on the big screen a couple times. I still shake my head when I look at it on YouTube. How in hail did CJ not have a better pro career? Some parts of the college game just do not apparently translate to the pros.

Tallahassee 1989

Dec 14, 2018, 7:34 PM

Would say Tampa 2017, but much of that game was very stressful. Still, I will always remember every detail from Hurts’ go ahead TD, to the final buzzer (me standing with my daughter in the middle of the Bama endzone), to the celebration that followed on the field, in the parking lot, and into the wee hours back at the hotel.

Strangely, I had a ton of fun at a Gator Bowl in the late 80s that didn’t even involve Clemson. In fact, it involved the Coots. Was a CU student at the time, and went with a buddy (also a CU student) who had free tickets and a place to stay. I think LSU scored 2 TSS in the first 90 seconds, and we were screaming our heads off in the middle of the Coot Club section.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there mocking FSU with their Tomahawk Chop !***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:37 PM

Re: I was there mocking FSU with their Tomahawk Chop !***

Dec 14, 2018, 8:09 PM

Yes!

“F. S. Uuuuuuu
Oh and twoooo”. Really seemed to #### them off

Me too...and in THEIR student section!***

Dec 15, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to I was there mocking FSU with their Tomahawk Chop !*** ]

That Miami gas was LOUD!!!

Dec 14, 2018, 7:41 PM

Clemson vs. USuC 2000.

The Coots were yelling their chant as they had won the game!
Then Dantzler, Gardner and the goal post came down after much pepper spray and they had to life flight a girl out with a broken femur.

What a NIGHT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 14, 2018, 7:52 PM

1987 vs Georgia. 1st big home game of my Freshman year. We got Friday off from classes. The last second field goal to win, plus the trash talking to the UGA fans while we were on the hill.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 7:58 PM

Wait a minute. I didn't get any classes off before UGA in 1987. Either I got cheated or you skipped classes that day.

1986 game at Georgia. Treadwell delivers

Dec 14, 2018, 8:12 PM

I don't remember getting classes off before the 87 Ga game either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1986 game at Georgia. Treadwell delivers

Dec 14, 2018, 10:11 PM

I thought we got every Friday off. Must be what happened to my gpa.

I was there from 86-89 and had most Fridays off from class***

Dec 15, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami ]

Dec 15, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami ]

^^^ this

Dec 14, 2018, 7:54 PM

There have been a bunch. 1989 coot game 45-0. 2004 Chick-fil-a bowl 27-14 over Tennessee. 2015 vs Notre Dame 24-22 in the hurricane.

Get Woody off the field.....Get Woody off the field

Dec 14, 2018, 7:57 PM

not at the Valley, but the '78 Gator was a great one for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Get Woody off the field.....Get Woody off the field

Dec 15, 2018, 8:21 AM

I thought you were going with Woody at NCSU!!!

I attended that one with Skeeta Sr. Woody beat the pups virtually by himself . . . white jerseys & purple pants if I remember correctly.

The pups couldn’t stop anything he did that day!!!

Ha! the punch that millions of TV viewers saw, but two

Dec 15, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Get Woody off the field.....Get Woody off the field ]

announcers totally ignored. My immediate two word thought was "He GONE!" Of course, I was right. Nothing else Ohio State could do. The program had been slipping in recent years anyway, and they were looking for some politically correct way to fire a legend. He certainly gave them one. I even recall reading a story about Hayes saying in later years that he snapped and punched Bauman because he knew that this loss was going to cost him his job anyway.

Dec 14, 2018, 8:21 PM

63-17 was a fun one, witnessed chicken fans cussing and flipping each other off as they left the stands.

1980 UsuC game.....Begining of the run

Dec 14, 2018, 8:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cIDx-gVrg

And I was at both NC games.......

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1980 UsuC game.....Begining of the run

Dec 14, 2018, 9:13 PM

I will never forget the girl behind me yelling "orange pants". An unbelievable hill entrance.

The balloon game with Maryland was pretty good too.

+1 for the Ballon Game w/ Maryland

Dec 15, 2018, 8:24 AM

Boomer was suppose to whip us . . . not a chance that day!!!

Dec 14, 2018, 8:34 PM

I was at that game. It was my 1st one in 10 years. Drove down from Virginia Beach. Stayed at the Hyatt in Greenville and that morning Miami's coach got on the elevator with me and my friend that morning. Wish we would of won also. I don't remember a louder game and went to all home games from 82-90 and as a student from 90-94.

Dec 14, 2018, 9:02 PM

2 games come to mind:

2013 Georgia game in Death Valley... the place was insane and a great football game.

earlier the same year at the Peach Bowl ... when we beat LSU... IMHO it was the win that moved the program to the next level, that was a physical game... and we not only matched up but we won... New Years Eve 2011 to a bar outside the stadium to celebrate the count down and New Years...

Orange Bowl win at against Ohio State, the game was not as exciting as the 2 above but it was another big win validating the program was moving to a high level and capable of winning it all...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 9:10 PM

1980 game against the chickens. I was a student. Will never forget seeing the orange pants for the first time.

Dec 14, 2018, 9:29 PM

hard to beat this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrx7FVxdv7s

Great post! I was there with my brother. Spur of the moment

Dec 15, 2018, 9:35 AM

trip my senior year. Partied with some WVU hillbillies (real hillbillies, not a euphemism). I actually liked West Virginia a little going into this game, liked them more after it, and liked them until January 4, 2012. Now I hope they lose every week.

2003 Florida State, 26-10 Win

Dec 14, 2018, 9:53 PM

Charlie Whitehurst threw a fantastic deep strike to Derrick Hamilton (I still remember CW's shoulder fake) to put us up by three scores in the 2nd half. The loudest game I have ever attended. It was night and a bit chilly.

More recently, Florida State last year (2017). It meant a lot to me to show my wife (Notre Dame graduate) and son Death Valley, the campus, the town, etc. We drove down from Buffalo and had a great time.

I am hoping to have a great time in Santa Clara in early January - COME ON TIGERS - LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Dec 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

#1 by far 2009 against Virginia. CJ ... SPILLER! And happy birthday dabo. Awesome day.

#2 2015 ND

#3 2013 UGA

That Spiller chant was so fun and well-deserved.***

Dec 15, 2018, 9:12 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

#1 by far 2009 against Virginia. CJ ... SPILLER! And happy birthday dabo. Awesome day.

#2 2015 ND

#3 2013 UGA

Dec 14, 2018, 10:19 PM

@ Miami 2004 was an awesome time. I got into 63-17 at halftime by giving some gate attendant a handful of crumpled up 1's. Like 9 bucks I think. Peach bowl vs Tennessee was awesome. Gator Bowl 2000. Natty 2016. 2011 VT ACCCG.

At home... the aforementioned miami game, loudest I've been to. The Catch II then The Kick. GT first gameday. FSU 03. Man, all good memories.

The Catch and Tampa

Dec 14, 2018, 10:20 PM

As a youngster
Freshman year - At Columbia for "The Catch" by Jerry Butler

Several decades later
In Tampa for the National Championship. Stayed in the parking lot til 2 or 3 in morning enjoying refreshments and victory cigars.

(I guess I could include the 1981 Orange Bowl, but too much fun led to too many blurry memories)

Re: The Catch and Tampa

Dec 14, 2018, 10:47 PM

I had to watch " the catch " on tv. I about tore my mama's decorative couch pillow in two. I was so nervous. The first clutch fourth down that I remember from a Clemson game. Was so cool when the chicken players revealed their "no cigars today" shirts before Butler caught the ball. Thinking back was wild that Pell gave the players cigars after the games. My how times have changed.

Defining moments

Dec 15, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to The Catch and Tampa ]

I can remember exactly where I was, who I was with for each of these. Sadly, only in attendance at one.

1) The Catch - the night I became a committed Tiger fan. Watched on a TV in a Sears store window in Charleston.
2) 1981 Natty - Too young (13) to go; watched at a buddy’s house across the street, while the grownups had a watch party at our house
3) 2016 Natty - in Bama endzone, sitting with my nephew. And then with my daughter post game.

Dec 14, 2018, 10:51 PM

I am enjoying this thread. Was not able to attend the game but remember listening to the game from Japan. That was pretty cool. I remember the Japanese organizers did not want our male cheerleaders on the sideline. They only wanted dancing girls.

2014 UNC game. I was a sideline photographer for that one.

Dec 14, 2018, 11:07 PM

My first time on that field as part of the press.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

2003 Criminoles

Dec 14, 2018, 11:47 PM

I was a junior at the time. Night game, my dad had driven into town just to tailgate and hang out with me and my dumba-- friends. I had zero intention of going to the game and watching us get BTFO again. Dad talked me into going for at least the first half, and we found a student ticket for him and we went in. Watched the first half, hit the tailgate to refuel, and went back to watch the rest.

History made, dad disappeared right when the state troopers decided to not stick around. Goalposts, reflection pond, met up with dad an hour or so later at our tailgate and called it a night.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:56 AM

1989 in Tally. Sweet. BBowden on post game radio, "We just got a good ole butt kicking"

Dec 15, 2018, 8:26 AM

There are too many but the purple jerseys against NCSU in 1992 during my jr year was great. A game we weren't supposed to win and the collective gasp when the Tigers walked up to the rock was priceless. That should have been the only game we wore purple that year.

The UGA games of the 80's, the Louisville game in 2016, Tech 2006, it is an endless list...

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

I was unfortunately at the Cal game where we wore them

Dec 15, 2018, 9:09 AM

again. Miserable game. Good time with my grandparents since I was eight, but the game sucked.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes, me too

Dec 15, 2018, 9:45 AM

Maybe my lowest moment as a fan at a game I attended

As far as start to finish FUN? 56-7 over South Carolina.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:08 AM

No stress, no worries, knew we were going to win from the opening kick, and what a glorious beatdown. From that first INT by Jake to the (at the time) best senior class taking a bow or two, that was my favorite game.

Dec 15, 2018, 10:13 AM

As several have already mentioned:
87 UGa. What a great atmosphere in the student section. Good memories.
'00 Chickens. The Rod Gardner catch. The chicks had just scored in the endzone near me. The knew they had it won. It was glorious.
'15 ND. Epic game. Maybe the beginning of the dynasty.

Re: Best Time at a Clemson football game? : I’ll start 2005 Miami***

Dec 15, 2018, 10:20 AM

2004 vs Miami at the old Orange Bowl

Dec 15, 2018, 10:25 AM

Reggie Merriweather was a stud. Eye of the Tiger being played on the scoreboard before Miami 4th and goal in OT to tie. Tye Hill Keeping the WR from making the final catch. Trying to get out of little Havana after beating the VOWEL in the middle of the night. That was a blast. First of many excursions to South Beach

Best Time at a Clemson football game?

Dec 15, 2018, 10:36 AM

I would probably have to say...when we played in the outskirts of the hurricane and stopped ND for the win in Death Valley. As always, rain or shine, we arrived in Clemson to start tailgating around 6:30 AM...that will be one of the greatest and most memorable Saturdays I will ever experience.

Re: Best Time at a Clemson football game?

Dec 15, 2018, 2:55 PM

I love winning!

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic