Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fitsnews reporting major cheating scandal at UofSC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Fitsnews reporting major cheating scandal at UofSC

Apr 22, 2019, 6:54 PM

...coming out of Darla Moore School of Business

An associated dean at the Darla Moore School of Business informed faculty members of a major cheating scandal at the University of South Carolina’s signature campus this week.

According to an email from Janice Breuer Bass, an economics professor and associate dean of undergraduate programs, the latest scandal involves “serious, widespread honor code violations involving many students taking an online test.”

“The violations have led to academic probations and the suspension of several students, and charges of complicity for many others,” Bass wrote in the email, a copy of which was obtained by this news outlet.

“I am very dismayed about the incident and ask for your support in helping hold our students accountable to a high standard of academic integrity,” Bass continued, urging faculty members to spread the word of the scandal to students.

That message (.pdf) alludes to a pattern of cheating at the school, specifically referring to “numerous honor code violations” over the course of the spring semester that have been “reported by both faculty and students.”

he Darla Moore school is home to some of the University’s most highly regarded academic programs – including the nation’s top-ranked undergraduate international business program and one of the nation’s top three graduate international business programs.

Developing …

https://www.fitsnews.com/2019/04/22/cheating-scandal-rocks-university-of-south-carolina-business-school/?no_cache=1&fbclid=IwAR3JMZonfS1yHmQMgxygZoyRyDN-2hMQ7ol0pHfIuvAMrsYbl8fDwiOgRoY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they photo copied one of the students coloring books

Apr 22, 2019, 7:00 PM

and turned it in as their own work

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would have had to have help

Apr 22, 2019, 8:44 PM

using the copier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't trust a bunch of coots taking the same test

Apr 22, 2019, 7:01 PM

UNWATCHED

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Yep, coots is coots.***

Apr 22, 2019, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, coots is coots.***

Apr 22, 2019, 7:44 PM

Since when has U of SuC demanded a high degree of academic integrity ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, coots is coots.***

Apr 22, 2019, 8:16 PM

When I saw “Bass” I thought they had cheated in fishing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Nobody cheats in Bass fishing"...Bill Dance, circa 1982....***

Apr 22, 2019, 8:34 PM

Re: "Nobody cheats in Bass fishing"...Bill Dance, circa 1982....***

May 1, 2019, 6:30 PM

and he lied!!!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Apr 22, 2019, 9:28 PM

But it sounds like a bunch of kids in an online class took a test together. If that’s the case then I’ll be expecting a knock on the door from Clemson any day coming to take my diploma back.

Re: Someone correct me if I’m wrong

Apr 22, 2019, 10:01 PM

If that is how you got your diploma, you should voluntarily give it back. It’s not worth the paper it’s printed on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was one of those freshman gen-Ed classes

Apr 23, 2019, 8:17 AM

That weren’t pertinent to my major but everyone in the business school had to take. The way it worked was there was a weekly assignment and then once every 3-4 weeks you had a test and you were assigned a time slot to take it so everyone in my class would get together in our dorm and take the test together.

It’s sounding like that’s what happened at USUCK and a professor is grossly overestimating the importance of one of those types of classes.

Integrity only matters in major courses

May 1, 2019, 4:19 PM

Since we all only get jobs in our major and don't require knowledge in any other field.

South Carolina's MBA in International Business

May 1, 2019, 4:37 PM

I am always a bit skeptical of the SC MBA program in International Business being so highly ranked.

Well it is highly ranked. It's ranked 1st among the schools offering an MBA in International Business.

The Gamecocks can be proud of that. However, the SC MBA program in International Business has only 47 students. The next 7 schools, those ranked 2-8, have an average enrollment 1092 in their MBA programs in International Business. Those other schools with comparatively huge programs that are highly regarded in IB include Harvard, Columbia, Berkeley, Georgetown, NYU, Michigan and Wharton. Somehow I don't suppose those schools with huge and highly ranked programs in International Business feel particularly threatened by the Moore School in Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kid has one more semester for an MBA from Wake

May 1, 2019, 6:50 PM

It's not international business, but she is going to Russia, China and India this summer for class to study with students from those countries. She works for an international company that is paying most of her MBA. They like Wake, not so sure about cooter U.

I would have disowned her if she went to Columbia.

Re: Fitsnews reporting major cheating scandal at UofSC

Apr 22, 2019, 10:01 PM

Honor code and uofsc just don't mix - fake news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots gonna coot...

Apr 22, 2019, 10:07 PM

NM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew using whiteout on a computer test was cheating?***

Apr 27, 2019, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 3:49 PM

My inside sources tell me the professors will have a hard time proving the students were cheating. Everyone had the same wrong answers so is it cheating or mass stupidity? Personally, I think they are guilty of both charges.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So their “esteemed” business school gives students

May 1, 2019, 4:11 PM

Take home tests?

Why am I not surprised.

May 1, 2019, 4:13 PM

Big deal.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive