Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Years of reading TigerNet.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Years of reading TigerNet.......

Jun 23, 2019, 5:44 PM

Hey fellow T-Netters........after years of reading TigerNet, I have now finally joined!! I was born and raised in the little town of Cope, S.C. (population 250.....249 -Tigers 1- Barnyard Buzzard) Anyways, my blood runneth Orange. I have since planted my own family down here on Lake Marion in Eutawville, S.C. My son graduated from Clemson and was a co-ed cheerleader / part time Tiger mascot for 4 years. So I am looking forward to chatting with you fellow Tigers and am looking forward to the upcoming season !! Go Tigers....Always Allin

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Years of reading TigerNet.......

Jun 23, 2019, 5:57 PM

Welcome to the board and look forward to your joining in the discussions. We need some new blood. Some of those old fellows are getting crabby.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 6:05 PM

Thanks Joe21....I read yours all the time.

haha this is good stuff right here

Jun 23, 2019, 8:55 PM

My significant other was born and raised there. It’s funny because that entire town is Clemson all the way. Do you by chance remember the tiger paws painted on the streets? I happen to know who painted em ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: haha this is good stuff right here

Jun 23, 2019, 9:04 PM

I do to....... do you remember the store with the Tiger Paws on the front? ###### Grocery and Recreation ??

Jun 23, 2019, 9:10 PM [ in reply to haha this is good stuff right here ]

I do to....... do you remember the store with the Tiger Paws on the front? ###### Grocery and Recreation ??

Jun 23, 2019, 9:12 PM

My girlfriends family probably does. We have only been dating for 7 years. Small world, too small

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 5:59 PM

Looks like most of the town of Cope has moved away, the 2010 census has the population at 77. That’s a 70% decrease in the population since you were there and it was 250, guess you have a large family.... ??

Jun 23, 2019, 6:11 PM

Yeah a lot has changed in the little town of Cope. My Dad had a small grocery store there when it was booming. Had big tiger paws on the store front. Mom had a small kitchenette in there for the local farm help and railroad workers to come and eat. Big box stores and gas stations with Subways and Pizza ran the mom and pop stores out of business. Not much happening around there now.

YeP..as Joe said, welcome!

Jun 23, 2019, 6:14 PM

But, what the heck does that Utawvil stand for?

TIA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eutawville SC***

Jun 23, 2019, 6:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eutawville SC***

Jun 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

Thanks JD404.....quit staring at the lights so long lightbulbbill.

She still has her Cotton Gin . . . Vallentines

Jun 23, 2019, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Years of reading TigerNet....... ]

Which is more than a lot of small towns in SC can say!!!

Cope is blessed to be nestled in the midst of some of SC's best Cotton Growers . . . always a pleasure to work that area!

Welcome to the insanity we call home Utawviltiger!!! Enjoy the banter!!!

Re: She still has her Cotton Gin . . . Vallentines

Jun 24, 2019, 9:53 AM

Almost as good as Calhoun County cotton farmers! :)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

After decades of reading TigerNet

Jun 23, 2019, 6:19 PM

I'm still reading it. I go back to the days of carol.net

I'm in here...somewhere...

http://web.archive.org/web/19980504015928/http://www.carol.net/cusports/cgi-bin/guestbook/football.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that's some funny stuff Tiggity..

Jun 23, 2019, 6:28 PM

but way b/4 my & Joe21's Tiger blogging days! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time I saw TigerNet I was a student

Jun 23, 2019, 6:32 PM

It was either 1996 or 1997.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that's some funny stuff Tiggity..

Jun 23, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Now that's some funny stuff Tiggity.. ]

Dang LBB. We were just mew re kids back in 1996. What happened during these last 23 years?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After decades of reading TigerNet

Jun 23, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to After decades of reading TigerNet ]

I go all the way back to carol.net too, carol.net was also my 1st internet provider (dial up).

I found my entry August 20th 1996

Jun 23, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to After decades of reading TigerNet ]

I found Tigernet in March of 1996. Clemson Tigers was one of my first searches for sure and Tigernet came up at or near the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 6:45 PM

Welcome to thunder dome. Coot!

Kidding. Nice having you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 8:47 PM

Thanks BbO

Jun 23, 2019, 7:29 PM

Howdy!

Jun 23, 2019, 7:42 PM

Is that steak place still open in Eutawville ? It was in the fork of two roads and you could grill your own or they will do it for you. Good food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 7:56 PM

Welcome Etawville...
I've only been posting for a few weeks myself. It has been a good experience.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 23, 2019, 8:06 PM

Welcome! I used to have a place down the Edisto River from Cope. Did they ever build that ### at Cope?

Jun 23, 2019, 8:55 PM

We’re you on the North Edisto or South Edisto?

Jun 24, 2019, 6:57 PM

I was on the Edisto about a mile south of where the two branches came together near Branchville.

Jun 26, 2019, 1:18 PM

Speaking of Branchville there's a great place to eat at the Depot, plus if you're lucky the retired station master will be there to give you a tour of the Depot. He's a ww2 vet and also was at the Normandy landing. He's wonderful!

Jun 23, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Years of reading TigerNet....... ]

No ..... Chef’s Choice has been closed now for about 3 years now.Wish it would open back up !!

Jun 23, 2019, 8:01 PM

Grew up in Moncks Corner and my best friend during those years was from Cross ( near Spier's Landing ) and we spent many a weekend buzzing around the lake near Eutawville .
Welcome aboard . True Tigers are always welcome .

DB23

Jun 23, 2019, 8:52 PM

Thanks Tigerdug......if you ever down this way look me up and I’ll buy you a few at the local watering hole.

This place is not safe...

Jun 23, 2019, 9:00 PM

You better stick close to me, we’ll get through this together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: This place is not safe...

Jun 23, 2019, 9:06 PM

Don’t take the cheese. FM is known for making new members his personal hand puppet. I’m not speaking figuratively.

DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRICKS!!! Stay clear of

Jun 24, 2019, 7:47 AM [ in reply to This place is not safe... ]

Francis Marion®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DO NOT FALL FOR HIS TRICKS!!! Stay clear of

Jun 24, 2019, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That movie has so many one liners.

Jun 24, 2019, 9:19 AM

"I know. Let's have a spelling contest".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 9:06 PM

I am in Cope at this very moment. Went fishing in the rivah today. There are a few coots around but they aren't allowed in town.

Jun 23, 2019, 9:14 PM

How are the red breast biting? Haven’t been down on the river in a while. Don’t let any coots within the town limit signs !!

Re: Redbreast biting

Jun 24, 2019, 7:05 PM

good now that the water is back near normal level. Should be on fire as water drops. I fished N. Edisto near Canaan yesterday. Some big ole bream too.

Try to keep the coots across the river in Bamberg. Let Henry B. keep them in line.

Re: Redbreast biting

Jun 24, 2019, 9:00 PM

Sorry Fishincrazy just now getting back to you. I know exactly where you are talking about. We use to own the river property between Canaan and Branchville right at the river bridge on Hudson Rd. I have a lot of kin folk in the Canaan area. Baptized in Canaan Baptist Church when I was young.

Jun 23, 2019, 9:07 PM

Welcome sir. Eutawville is one of my favorite places; how long have y’all been there?

My family has place on the lake off 6. Dirt road all the way to the end right past the old Pete’s quick stop gas station. It’s basically the back side small entrance to clear water pond. Camped every summer out in church island; have a relative buried on he island before the lake was flooded.

If you’ve been there awhile I could have some endless conversations about fishing spots and old eateries up there.

Tasty swirl in holly hill, sweatmans bbq, the fried chicken and spicy vinegar at Wright’s grocery. Hunted every weekend of my life in fall at old Hennett’s peach farm. You can still see the old massive irrigation arms on his land we hunted right before bells.

Have a mounted wall of all the family’s 10plus pounders we’ve caught up there.

My grandfather whom has passed built the place when back in the 50’s. That town holds a special spot in my heart; can’t get up there enough.

Anyway welcome; would love to shoot back and forth about the old Eu.

Thank you; you’ve provided me with some good memories just thinking about it.

One question, how are you on the internets up there? Our place is in a dead zone so no cell or internet; not even Hughes Net Gen 4

Go Tigers

Jun 23, 2019, 9:24 PM

It really is a small world. I live right across the road from Hennetts peach orchid. Me and the wife usually hit Sweatmans BBQ when it’s a little cooler. We use CenturyLink as our server. (Its a little slower today because of a storm down this way yesterday) Been down here since 2008. A year before I retired as a State Trooper.

Jun 23, 2019, 9:34 PM

Really is a small world.

Random question they still have the pick yourself blueberries down the road from you; the signs out right now? Was thinking about taking my kids in the next few weeks.

I was up a couple weeks ago and had not gone past my grand parents place on 6 in sometime, when the bait shop/gas station close near bells?

Jun 23, 2019, 9:42 PM

The one across the street from Bells?

Jun 23, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Years of reading TigerNet....... ]

I’m assuming you are talking about St. Julien’s produce stand before you get to the split in the road before the town limit sign? I have to check. I bought sweet corn from there last weekend but don’t recall seeing blueberry signs.

Jun 24, 2019, 6:57 AM

Exactly, sorry fell asleep.

Jun 24, 2019, 5:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Years of reading TigerNet....... ]

I don’t live there, but have a 5th wheel permanent parked at Rocks Pond. We have AT&T and I always have service. Would have to check who Wifi is since it’s auto drafted later in the morning, but I think it’s century link. My cell service works all the way down County Line Rd until right before quarry and picks back up on CampgroundRd

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 24, 2019, 7:01 AM

My personal phone Verizon and work cell T-Mobile both never worked up there in fact it limits my ability to go up there these days. I lose service on the dirt road and then can’t get it back unless I go out on the lake near spiers

Welcome to TNet***

Jun 23, 2019, 9:48 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 24, 2019, 6:18 AM

Welcome to Tigernet. It’s a great site for all Clemson sports and much more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome and time to become a Donor so you can TD all of

Jun 24, 2019, 7:48 AM

these other morans on here. ;)

Orangeburg County for me, too***

Jun 24, 2019, 9:08 AM

Welcome aboard!

Jun 24, 2019, 10:01 AM

Make sure you have your sense of humor, and sarcasm in check in here!

Dropped my son and his best friend off in Cope Friday night.

Jun 24, 2019, 10:26 AM

for a weekend of fishing at his best friends Granny's place. He's on his way back today.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Jun 24, 2019, 10:37 AM

Cope, SC?

Jun 25, 2019, 3:30 AM

Long time reader and recent poster here too. Central is my home town. Daniel and Clemson grad. Been around the world and back. Living in the middle of the Pacific Ocean...tropical paradise...and always thinking about home. I miss the sweet tea from Macs Drive Inn, the sound of the cannon when our tigers run down the hill, and the sunsets where the blue ridge yawns its greatness.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Cousin is Orangeburg County Councilman

Jun 26, 2019, 12:11 PM

My cousin is a long term Orangeburg County Councilman from Bowman.

I grew up in near by Denmark***

Jun 26, 2019, 1:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic