Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Future Opponents; Crouch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Future Opponents; Crouch

Oct 25, 2018, 10:12 AM

Future Opponents; Crouch

Email Bag

In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
Any inside scoop on who the Tigers might schedule for their last non-conference opponent in 2021? I unde

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crouch answer is pure idiocy

Oct 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

1.) there are very few players that have come out in the last decade that have the explosiveness of XT
2.) Crouch has played a decent amount of LB and is not playing any more football this season until the all American game but has publicly stated he wants to play LB in college
3.) he’s not moving to put his hand in the ground. He doesn’t have ideal length to try to add enough weight to be a substantial enough sized DE (XT is a similar height but had 35+ lbs on Crouch coming out).

Re: Crouch answer is pure idiocy

Oct 25, 2018, 11:09 AM

Yeah I was just thinking that about XT. No one has that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Crouch answer is pure idiocy ]

I was only conveying info that has been told to me by several close to his recruiting. I have been told by a couple of people that he is not an explosive, fast twitch prospect. In fact, one coach used XT as the example and that is why I used it. Paul Strelow of Tigerillustrated has seen him as much as anyone and has mentioned him as a possible defensive end prospect by several schools. He also is the first person to tell me that Crouch has not played a lot at linebacker and instincts were a concern. Not sure how much idiocy that is but I put together five or six sources when answering the question.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 11:41 AM

If you compare to his snaps at RB, he’s certainly played less LB but he’s played almost all LB when he’s been on defense.

Similar to XT, he’s also already far along in his physical development so his frame sitting at 235ish right now is pretty close to his ceiling in terms of ideal weight.

Comparing anyone’s explosiveness to XT is a bad comparison because he has unreal explosiveness. Name someone other than Clowney who’s had comparable explosiveness to XT. I’ll be waiting a while.

Crouch has been talked about possibly putting his hand in the ground in a 3-4 scheme as an OLB but Clemson doesn’t run a 3-4 where our DE’s need to be bigger to hold up against the run.

MMMMMAAAAAACKEY PYLLLLEEEERRRR***

Oct 25, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Crouch answer is pure idiocy ]

Re: Plyler's Blog: Future Opponents; Crouch

Oct 25, 2018, 11:33 AM

Clemson is not going to play a neutral site game in the same year that it is set to play on the road against South Carolina. That would lead to only having six home games (UConn, Wyoming and four of the eight ACC games)...something the program will not do (go to less than seven home games).

Oct 26, 2018, 9:19 AM

Let's sign up UCF, they think they can play big boy football. Get them out of this national power fake national championship winners conversation real quick.

If the Vols are interested, let’s get the deal done.***

Oct 25, 2018, 7:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 4:42 PM

I do not care who we will be playing in 2030 bc, I'm sure I won't above ground when the 2030 game is played. If you are young enough to believe that you will be, I want you to know that I'm jealous as #### that you will be with the living, and I won't!!! There, now I have that off my chest!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah yeah...and if I send you that snake in a box, I won't

Nov 5, 2018, 4:49 PM

make it til next year....

Re: Yeah yeah...and if I send you that snake in a box, I won't

Nov 5, 2018, 6:19 PM

Next game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic