Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Chad Morris

Oct 11, 2014, 8:47 PM

Please stop using the shotgun in short yardage situations. It makes no sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris

Oct 11, 2014, 8:53 PM

That has been making me cringe all season. We've left so many td's on the field because of it.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Oct 11, 2014, 8:56 PM

I know he says the qbs are uncomfortable under center, but the results couldn't be much worse than they've been in the shotgun.

Re: Yeah, what's up with that?

Oct 11, 2014, 9:06 PM

If pee-wee and jv football teams can figure out how to do a center/qb exchange, then we can take a week to teach our qbs how to do it. We lost to FSU b/c of this, and this very well could cost us the game against USC. This is basic football. no excuses. You don't move the ball back 7 yards to try to move it forward a half yard. It worked with Tajh b/c he would start moving forward as the ball is snapped and would run wide open into the line. Now, we try fakes etc, and it is too slow developing. For a million dollars a year, Chad needs to realize this and fix it.

Could it be the center's issue too?***

Oct 11, 2014, 9:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAma just went went for it on 4th and 1/2 yard, under center

Oct 11, 2014, 9:10 PM

AND FAILED

Yet again...

Oct 11, 2014, 9:14 PM

We've been a top 10 offense for two years and have been effective at 3rd and 4th downs (#1 in 2012)...we've finished in the top 10 as a result for 2 straight years. Sometimes you need to depend on players to execute the play as designed.

By the way, Arkansas just missed a 4th and very short from under center. Arkansas is one of the bigger, more physical teams in the country. They called a more traditional play and it got stuffed.

You should go to your strength, and doing that for the last 3.5 years has proven to be very beneficial.

How are we in red zone offense?

Oct 11, 2014, 9:28 PM

Also, did AR lose 4 yds on their attempt? We did that today trying to get a short two on the goal line (not even on 4th when everyone is stuffing the middle). Morris's scheme works pretty good inside the 20s. He needs some work in the red zone and short yardage. No question about it.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic