Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bosa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,906

Bosa

Oct 16, 2018, 5:15 PM

Bosa reminds me of school in the summertime ....... no class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bosa

Oct 16, 2018, 5:24 PM

Nope, he was not coming back until late for a couple games , off surgery and with the draft in April. He made the correct business decision for himself, at least he did not toss handgreanades on the way out. Plus it was likely tOSU would draw Clemson in the semifinals and he has already seen that play out.

Oct 16, 2018, 5:45 PM

Yup. No class.

Oct 16, 2018, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Bosa ]

Agree that it was a business decision solely for him. For his teammates and those that have worked through the blood and sweat and putting their own futures/careers on the line in the sense of football he did toss a grenade. By leaving he said it wasn't worth it for him to battle beside those that have sacrificed for and with him. OSU is no stranger to first round draft picks and this year is just the same, they're nationally relevant and have a strong chance of making the playoffs if they win out. None of that matters to him and for that I think he did toss a metaphorical hand grenade on the way out bringing the media right back to OSU not about what they have but now but about what they're missing and brought an emphasis to their defensive units and "what could've been" if he would've stayed.

Oct 16, 2018, 6:48 PM

I can see your point, disagree with him even tossing a metaphorical grenade though. He would be coming back after surgery, not in football shape at the end of the year for a couple games at best. Chance to get hurt again, maybe worse are a choice he felt he needed to make with an eye to being a top 5 pick. Have seen kids play in meaningless Bowl Games get hurt and ruined their NFL chance, heck even a private workout has blwon out knees for kids. I do not fault him one bit for his choice, given the current projections of his draft I would hazard that most would do the same thing in his situation after surgery.

Could cost OSU a chance at the title. Selfish IMO***

Oct 16, 2018, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could cost OSU a chance at the title. Selfish IMO***

Oct 16, 2018, 7:02 PM

And you are fine to have that opinion but it is not your body or future he made a choice with and I would not bash him for his decision. Top 5 pick is north of $12m 1st contract and a broken,hobbled Bosa will not go top 5. In a lot of respects we as fans expect far too many expectations out of the kids putting their bodies on the line playing College ball for our entertainment. Take the money, nothing is a guarantee in life and who knows if he gets that big money second contract.

Yeah, that's why they do it.

Oct 16, 2018, 7:34 PM

I'm glad you reminded me that they do it for our entertainment (cough cough). A vast majority of college athletes are in their situation for themselves. Regardless of if they have aspirations of becoming a professional or not, the want to keep playing their sport as long as they can and getting a free education (as well as TONS of help graduating) is a great bonus.

Re: Yeah, that's why they do it.

Oct 16, 2018, 7:50 PM

Graduating, cough,cough with a degree in what? Yes it is for our entertainment and dollars to be made by Universities,Conferances and television. To deny that is being foolish. While some kids do use it to get an education, Rosen had it right when he said that there is no time to really get said degree because of the requirements of time needed for playing. Kid yourself all you want on that issue too. Toss in the fact that NCAA requires a SAT of 750 to play and attend, some schools have higher requirements but most gladly take kids that actually have no business attending most of these palces and would only be on the grounds if pushing a mop if not on a athletic scholarship( football and basketball mostly). Bosa made a correct decision for him or he would not have made it, simple as that. He knows that his 1st NFL contract sets him up for life being a top 5 pick, more so if he gets a big 2nd contract. When weighed against an education the money made in the NFL will far outstrip any that cough,cough education would have ever made him over his life.

I'm slightly confused but don't disagree with you

Oct 16, 2018, 8:35 PM

You're correct. Nick Bosa is making a decision that is best for him. At the same time he seems to have no regard to the team. That is selfish, by definition.

I also don't disagree with what seems to be your dislike of the jugernaut that the business side of college football has become.

My point is that i would be willing to bet there are literally tens of thousands of young men in the midwest that would have given their left nut to have had Nick Bosa's spot on that team. You can't point out the ugly of the institution without recognizing the ugly in the individual. We'll see more and more of this type of thing moving forward and it is disappointing all around.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Could cost OSU a chance at the title. Selfish IMO*** ]

This isn’t about fan expectations, not about my expectations. It is about the expectations of the NFL GM at the other end of Bosa’s “business decision”. I’m not a GM, but if I was using a top 5 pick I don’t want Bosa.
1) With a top 5 pick I have more than an expectation, I have a demand that I’m getting a franchise player. I lost confidence in Bosa today.
2) Remember this is a business. Bosa’s decision today raises questions and about his injury and provides no path to showing a confidence in a recovery. Not gonna spend top 5 on that. Too many other guys without questions.
3) After today’s decision what can I expect from Bosa in the first year of his second contract? What can we ever expect from him once he’s comfortable?
4) Doesn’t sound like he has the deep intangible desire to win. Again, happy to spend a later round pick on a extremely talented businessman, but for first round pick I want an extremely talented football player with an undeniable desire to win. DW4 has it. Baker Mayfield had a attitude, but the guy is a competitor that will always want to win football games. No need to list the all time great competitors, I’ve seem ‘em play live on the court and on the field. If I’m a GM i dont expect that from a first rounder, I demand it. I don’t see it with Bosa.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:25 PM

You seem just like the type of GM who would take Justin Gilbert instead of Odell Beckham.

He only had 10+Mil on the line &

Oct 16, 2018, 7:55 PM

likely wouldn't have played anyway. But yeah, he shoulda sucked it up & played hurt.

Won't this count against OSU's APR (Academic Progress Rating)***

Oct 16, 2018, 8:55 PM

null

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:32 PM

Disagree. First of all, none of us know what the doctors say. They may have said he’s not cleared to play until December or January for all we know (original prognosis was late November return at earliest).

Secondly, there are a lot of guys saying he could still go #1 overall still without even playing this season. We’re talking a difference of tens of millions. This is not the same as the clown sitting out for the coots, and it’s not a fair comparison to our D line coming back. If you were guaranteed a top 5 draft, you don’t risk that for 1-2 games at best.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:43 PM

Thank you for the offer, but I’ll spend my $12.5M on the next guy. This is a business.

Oct 16, 2018, 9:41 PM

In all honesty i dont care, that just makes ohio state easoer to beat. And if they drop a game the committee might look at it and say do they actually have a shot. This whole season its been " they're not getting pass rush without bosa, wait until he comes back" this could hurt them in the eyes of the committee

Oct 16, 2018, 9:58 PM

100% agreed

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,906
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic