Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is our worst team in my lifetime.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,196

This is our worst team in my lifetime.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:27 PM

Could it be our worst ever? 48 yo alum here who actually enjoyed going to games growing up and while at Clemson. 1988-90 was awesome as a student. I’d really like to see us be good in basketball but have had to resort to not even turning it on. Too painful and pathetic to watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must be forgetting the Shyatt teams.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:35 PM

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/clemson/2003.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You must be forgetting the Shyatt teams.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:37 PM

15 wins that year you attached. This team won’t sniff that. But yes I had forgotten exactly. Difference is Shyatt coached when we had expectations.

look at the 3 years before that . 2-14 in 2000

Dec 31, 2019, 6:38 PM

The 1999-2002 stretch was the worst of Shyatt and still worse than right now so far

Re: look at the 3 years before that . 2-14 in 2000

Dec 31, 2019, 6:41 PM

Yeah I went back and flipped through. We won 10,12, 15 and I think he won 20 with Barnes guys (his first team). My point still stands. This team is no better than any of those. Love this reference page though.

Re: look at the 3 years before that . 2-14 in 2000

Dec 31, 2019, 7:51 PM [ in reply to look at the 3 years before that . 2-14 in 2000 ]

That conference was dramatically more difficult in Shyatt’s time. Shyatt beat a #1 ranked UNC. Brownell has never beaten a top 5 ranked team in twice as many seasons and more than twice as many ACC games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 6:41 PM [ in reply to You must be forgetting the Shyatt teams. ]

Shyatt is the ONLY reason that I ever actually wrote a letter to the CLEMSON Administration asking them to please do something about him. Since they never got off their lazy butts and did anything, I just quit watching the nonsense. I refuse to deal with things that I have no control over. I know they still won't do anything but sit on those lazy butts, so I don't even bother with them anymore. Good thing they don't work for me or there would be some serious "Come to Jesus" meetings. I am amazed at the complacency that so many CLEMSON fans have accepted. I believe in "Anything worth doing is worth doing right", and this sure as heck is not even close to that.

Dec 31, 2019, 6:43 PM

Agree completely. We get what we accept and that is poor poor basketball. Brownell owes Dabo millions for keeping people sated.

It is pathetic on every level. We are following up a very

Dec 31, 2019, 6:58 PM

disappointing year with an even more disappointing year. Truly mind-boggling and pathetic that some folks accept and excuse it by saying they expected it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It is pathetic on every level. We are following up a very

Dec 31, 2019, 7:02 PM

For the record I went back through that file. There are 2 or 3 10 win years in my lifetime. So fingers crossed this isn’t statistically the worst. Hahaha.

Yeah, not even close... shyatt had a team that was down

Dec 31, 2019, 7:04 PM

54-9 at halftime against WAke. In littlejohn. I was there under the baskets and watched the whole dayumthing

Not sure, but I think that's bad. Really bad.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:09 PM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, not even close... shyatt had a team that was down

Dec 31, 2019, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Yeah, not even close... shyatt had a team that was down ]

That was the game after the UNC upset (at least I think it was the same game you’re referencing - we lost by 32) and that was a Wake team that was ranked as high as #4 and featured Darius Songalia and Josh Howard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, not even close... shyatt had a team that was down

Jan 2, 2020, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Yeah, not even close... shyatt had a team that was down ]

It was 41-9 at halftime.

Re: This is our worst team in my lifetime.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:24 PM

Not even close. But depends your age I guess.

Dec 31, 2019, 7:47 PM

We got a basketball team.....when did we start playing basketball.....news to me......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2019, 7:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Tony Stockman's shooting decisions.***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not our worst, and this team will win a few...

Jan 1, 2020, 4:35 AM

in the new year.
The Shyatt years had some pretty low moments and bad teams.
Purnell’s first year was pretty rough, I believe.

Although I think a coaching change is probably inevitable and it is time for that....this particular team is definitely the most injured Clemson basketball team ever.

4 guys out that could have contributed yesterday. Pretty sure in every game we have missed at least 2 or 3 guys in every game this year.

I’m not sure how much of a difference that would make (and I really don’t know how the minutes would get divided)...but I suppose having everyone available would be a good thing.

But that being said, you have to win games at home against a NIT team like Miami where you lead virtually the whole game.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic