Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd Projected 3rd-4th round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Boyd Projected 3rd-4th round

Jan 5, 2014, 11:14 PM

10th Best QB prospect.

Should he have gone last year?? He had lots of buzz after the Chic-fil-A bowl win and I think he was projected higher.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Boyd Projected 3rd-4th round

Jan 5, 2014, 11:19 PM

not so sure he would have gone much higher

had a monster game against OSU...

there are better "NFL" QB's out there but he will be a good pickup

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 11:33 PM

Your memory is fading. He was projected higher last year..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8828954/qb-tajh-boyd-return-clemson-tigers-senior-year

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1464326-clemson-football-epic-win-over-lsu-makes-tajh-boyd-a-top-10-2013-nfl-draft-pick

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Jan 6, 2014, 12:13 AM

From the ESPN article: "Boyd was told by NFL draft advisers he'd go anywhere from the second to the fourth rounds. Allen, who attended Boyd's announcement, was given a first-round grade last season when he decided to forgo his senior season."

So 2nd-4th isn't much different than 3rd-4th.

And I don't really care for anything from bleacher report considering the only time they mentioned his draft status was in the headline.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL......what do you think matters most to Tajh?

Jan 5, 2014, 11:30 PM

Leaving after the LSU game, and getting drafted between the late 2nd round and early 4th round

OR

Coming back to Clemson with national title hopes, setting every Clemson and ACC record in the books, winning a BCS game, sealing his place as one of Clemson's all-time greats, getting his diploma, and getting drafted in the 3rd-4th round

HM.....

You know, there are some things money can't buy. This is a young man's life here...I hate how everybody is so quick to use college football solely as a stepping stone for the NFL and draft money. Grow up!

Re: LOL......what do you think matters most to Tajh?

Jan 5, 2014, 11:36 PM

The diploma will always be there. Ask Arron Murray how coming back for his sr season worked out. There's always the possibility of a career ending injury and NEVER cashing in on the NFL pay check.

Trophies and bragging rights are great, but George S. Patton was quick to say, Sic transit gloria mundi

Tajh said he was glad he came back and that is what

Jan 5, 2014, 11:40 PM

matters. Why does it matter to someone else what he did if he's satisfied?

Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Jan 5, 2014, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL......what do you think matters most to Tajh? ]

We're not talking about Aaron Murray. We're talking about Tajh. HE made HIS decision, and he sure seems pretty dern happy about it

Tajh had a mission to win a NC this season....no, it didn't happen, but my hat will forever go off to him for trying. He didn't make his decision for money or for himself, he made his decision for CLEMSON and for the team. That speaks volumes about his character. Those are the type of guys I want to represent my alma mater.

If Tajh had left last season, he would always have "what could have been" stuck in the back of his head. I am proud of him for staying, and for chasing his goals rather than a paycheck. Looks like a 23 year old Tajh might just be wiser than you! ;)

Deserves a point.***

Jan 6, 2014, 12:07 AM

Re: Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Jan 6, 2014, 12:42 AM [ in reply to Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle ]

Really?

Re: Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Jan 6, 2014, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Yeah, and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle ]

Would you be saying the same thing if he had a serious knee injury?

Again...If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Jan 6, 2014, 2:38 PM

Tajh doesn't have a serious knee injury. Tajh just won a BCS game and set records in the process. The season is over dude, why dwell on something that didn't happen?

Of course I wouldn't be taking the same stance if Tajh had a career-threatening injury. But guess what? He doesn't. Again, looks like he made the right choice because HE IS HAPPY with it.

Aaron Murray's career is over? ******

Jan 6, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL......what do you think matters most to Tajh? ]

null

Hopefully Tajh will be ranked higher when the draft

Jan 5, 2014, 11:38 PM

arrives. These ratings by everybody and their brother change weekly if not daily.

love how you coots resort to these kind of posts when you

Jan 6, 2014, 12:01 AM

are speechless and have nothing to say that matters lol

Tell 'em coot

Jan 6, 2014, 12:10 AM

smh

welp....... Cincinnati needs a QB. They should take Boyd.

Jan 6, 2014, 12:23 AM

That's for sure. I mean should I be the one to coin the phrase "Dalton-ing." Or "Bengaling." Seriously, they should take a hard look at Tajh.

They've got AJ Green who is go to; yet occasionally drops the easy ones. Remind you of somebody? Sammy Watkins. And they have a pro-tight end offense. Also similar and utilized throughout his career. Ironically, the Bengals have a stout (no pun intended) D Line, which reminds of Clemson.

Anywho, Happy New Year.

Jan 6, 2014, 12:59 AM

One thing is for sure. I will miss Boyd. He was such a well-spoken leader for this program. On the offensive side of the ball we will have lost Nuk, Jaron Brown, Sammy, Bryant, Ellington, McDowell, Brandon Ford, Bryant, Boyd, Freeman, Thomas, and Shatley. Wow! That is a lot of talent guys.

Coming in (reloading)- Mike Williams, Hopper, TJ Green, Kitt, Scott, Gallman, Dye, D. Watson, Cannon, Milan Richard, Chad Kelly, CJ Fuller, Oglesby, Crowder, Brooks, CJ Davidson, and Leggett.

We just have to keep recruiting at a high level and start working on the trenches. Guys, if we can shore up the secondary we could be nasty. I don't think the offense will be bad next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only difference b/t this year and last year is that

Jan 6, 2014, 9:02 AM

last year's QB class was atrocious while this one is average so Boyd was rated a little higher amongst the QBs in the 2013 class.

Not knocking Tajh, but i think he was largely the same player in 2013 as he was in 2012. He still struggles in the exact same areas.

This is a very good point...

Jan 6, 2014, 9:35 AM

last year's QB class was atrocious while this one is average so Boyd was rated a little higher amongst the QBs in the 2013 class.

I meant to include it in my original post, but was distracted by my 2 y/o.

He could be a great qb.

Jan 6, 2014, 3:05 PM

Russell Willson went 3rd round. Seems to be working out for him

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic