Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all don't need to hear this, but I'm saying it anyways:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,199

Y'all don't need to hear this, but I'm saying it anyways:

Sep 1, 2020, 9:26 AM

Dabo is the king of college football. He's benefited from a supportive infrastructure, but all the work to raise our program to where it is was done by his vision, and now Clemson is the envy of every other school. They attack our SOS because, well, there's nothing else to attack. Dabo has spent his entire career building a family atmosphere predicated on only bringing in proper Clemson men, evidenced by the extremely low number of offers he sends out. He doesn't just want you to play for him, he wants to know your mama. He wants to serve her fried green tomatoes when she gets on campus. He wants to go to your home and see where you came from. He wants his players to love their time on campus. He wants to prepare them as best he can for their future, no matter what it holds. He wants to develop kids into men, physically and mentally.

He will not promise you playing time. You'll earn every snap and every semester of scholarship money. He will not allow you to see the field if you're not all in. He will not tolerate bigotry and disrespect. You're off the team if you cross his lines, even if you're a prized 4* freshman. He will not offer every 4 and 5* like some schools, so the kicking off team thing is rare.

In the NFL, he wouldn't be a king, just average. That's because his strengths don't play to the NFL. The draft wouldn't allow him to bring in "Clemson men" like he's used to. The selection is too limited. His players wouldn't be guaranteed to be around for any amount of time; just look at the Jaguars: Fournette was the last player from their playoff squad three years ago. Complete turnover. Even if he did really like his players, he couldn't keep them all like a big recruiting class. The salary cap would see to that. Handling a group of kids eager to learn and prove themselves is his strength; handling a group of rich, arrogant veterans and rookies looking for new deals is not.

There is obviously love for football in the NFL, but there's also greed. That's because it's a business, not a family. And family is what Dabo does. He will never leave us for the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all don't need to hear this, but I'm saying it anyways:

Sep 1, 2020, 9:53 AM

I certainly hope you are right. I believe Dabo knows what he has and what is at stake. Even at the college level, you have to continue to pursue excellence to achieve it. I believe Dabo's eye really is on the betterment of his players. I have almost given up on the NFL. Dabo helps keep me connected to college ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 11:17 AM

Everything you said is true and I totally agree and I’ll also add:

1. His kids are at Clemson
2. His wife is immersed in the community
3. He would not be a successful NFL coach due to most all of the reasons you mentioned + his story fits at the college level much more than the NFL.
4. Not all but most NFL players are all about “me” and I sort of get that since your “shelf life” is pretty short. He can just make a much bigger impact on players lives at the college level and I believe that is what means more to Dabo than anything else.

Just my 2 cents worth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More good reasons

Sep 1, 2020, 4:40 PM

He's definitely an impact and development guy. Few people care about that in the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 3:00 PM

He’s not going to the NFL right now. It’s a half-wit prediction. If he wants to go then that is just a part of his journey, but I wouldn’t put a dime on it anytime soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic