Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson-VT line. Fair or too low?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson-VT line. Fair or too low?

Nov 28, 2016, 1:12 PM

Whats up Tiger fans, just wanted to see what y'alls thoughts are on Saturday's game and how we stack up against y'all?

Its no secret Clemson is one of the most if not the most talented team in college football. Being from upstate SC, I've always followed Clemson football pretty closely after Tech football. Always have had great respect for Dabo and what he's done and I have always been blown away by the hospitality I've received when attending a game in Death Valley.

If I we're a neutral fan, I think the line is surprisingly low. However, the Tech fan in me can see us staying close throughout the game. Bud Foster's defense has a had an enormous bounce back year, and now he has an offense that can score points with it. I've attended the last 5 meetings between Tech and Clemson and y'alls dominance over us has been due mostly to the fact that our offense has not been able to do jack against Clemson and the defense can only do so much when its getting no help. This year I think we have an offense that can potentially go blow for blow. The key for us is whether or not we're going to turn the ball over or not. We're 9-0 in games that we win the turnover battle and 0-3 in games that we don't.

Just wanted to see what y'alls thoughts are and what Tech needs to do in order to pull off the upset?

Extremely excited for this game and I hope we play our best game of the year because it will be needed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're 11-1 in games we lose the TO battle.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:14 PM

What's it like to win the turnover battle?

LOL

I think this'll be a tight game, decided in the second half by a few key stops by the Tiger D, and a few key drives by the Tiger O.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're 11-1 in games we lose the TO battle.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:16 PM

I agree. I think it'll be close throughout with Clemson pulling away at the end of the 3rd/4th quarter.

Depends on which va tech team shows up.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:16 PM

Don't like your chances now that we are in championship mode and having fun again. You'll keep it close Bc of good d until 3rd quarter. We cover the spread. Should be a good game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Depends on which va tech team shows up.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:19 PM

Yep, I think this is the most likely scenario.

I thought it would be a double digit line.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:17 PM

It's at -10 right now. But to be honest, I watched one Hokie game all year and that was the UT game.

I'll be happy with a 1 point win. Good luck.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

9 is pretty much what i was expecting.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:18 PM

I think we are pretty clearly the better team, but VT is more than capable of beating us if we don't show up and play well.

Re: Clemson-VT line. Fair or too low?

Nov 28, 2016, 1:21 PM

If we field the team that played NC St and your kicker can make it between the uprights ... who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all are an average team that hasn't beat anyone great.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:22 PM

Don't get me wrong, VaTech is going in the right direction, but they have a ways to go. You're at best the 4th best team in the ACC this year.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

VT may be the 4th best team

Nov 28, 2016, 1:26 PM

but the 2nd and 3rd best teams both gave us a HE!! of a game.

I wouldn't mind not following the same pattern.

The Tigers will be up by 20 pts mid-4th quarter and may give up a late TD to make the score closer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Y'all are an average team that hasn't beat anyone great.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Y'all are an average team that hasn't beat anyone great. ]

Fair assessment. I wouldn't say we're average. I think we're a good team, but not on Clemson's level obviously. This year was a huge step in the right direction.

Bad wording on my part.

Nov 28, 2016, 1:35 PM

Y'all are a good team, just not elite yet. I look forward to seeing the coastal over the next few years. VaTech, UNC, Pitt, and Miami will make for a great division.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

I wouldn't say they're average.

Nov 28, 2016, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Y'all are an average team that hasn't beat anyone great. ]

Average teams can beat Syracuse. Less than average teams lose to Syracuse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They did beat Pitt.***

Nov 28, 2016, 2:44 PM

Did they get a participation trophy for that?***

Nov 28, 2016, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The Game should be EVEN.***

Nov 28, 2016, 1:23 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'll put it this way, most of the year I have bet against

Nov 28, 2016, 1:28 PM

Clemson because the lines were too high. And I have made A LOT of money off of that. This week is the exact opposite. I'm taking Clemson and laying the points and I am taking them BIG. I advise everyone to do so before the line keeps going up. Clemson will win this game by at least 15, but I feel comfortable saying it will be more than 20.

yall beat pitt, we didnt

Nov 28, 2016, 1:32 PM

but then again, we stomped Syr and y'all lost.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yall beat pitt, we didnt

Nov 28, 2016, 1:35 PM

This is correct.

I have an opinion - game will be done by half - 45-10 final.***

Nov 28, 2016, 1:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson-VT line. Fair or too low?

Nov 28, 2016, 1:59 PM

Depends on who shows up. Our B game is still better than your A game so VT will need a lot of Clemson mistakes and possibly some bad calls in your favor. It will be a blowout if we play like we have the past 2 weeks. I think you guys will put up some points since we seem to have a weak spot covering tight ends but I will be surprised if you guys hold us under 30 points. We are on average holding teams under their average offensive yardage total throughout the year so you guys will probably have to win the game only managing 400 ish yards of offense. Will be hard without mistakes on our part.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic