Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue

Jan 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

According to Brad on WCCP just now. He was basically a non factor in the game. Disappointing year for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Accurate: He was on the Field for the 1st Play of the Game

Jan 14, 2020, 10:16 AM

When Justin Foster almost sacked Burrow. Then Rudolph came in.

Re: Not Accurate: He was on the Field for the 1st Play of the Game

Jan 14, 2020, 10:26 AM

See I thought that too but went back and looked. He was not out there. Every guy on the DL then had a 3 on their jersey somewhere but it was not XT

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not Accurate: He was on the Field for the 1st Play of the Game

Jan 15, 2020, 7:55 AM

XT was NOT on the field then... that was Tyler Davis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue

Jan 14, 2020, 10:16 AM

T_I_P said:

According to Brad on WCCP just now. He was basically a non factor in the game. Disappointing year for him.

He is great at the outside speed rush, but other than that

Jan 14, 2020, 10:19 AM

he's got some work to do. Teams have figure him out, it appears.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He is great at the outside speed rush, but other than that

Jan 15, 2020, 7:56 AM

It was pretty tough on him when either #70 or #77 was holding him on every rush. That said, he really did have a disappointing year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we’ve got to get XT back out on the edge.***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:17 AM

Yes he needs to be 5 or 7 technique to shine

Jan 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

That’s not what we asked him to do this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had 2 sacks all season -

Jan 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

And his last sack was against Syracuse, which was the 3rd game of the season. I get that the defense's shift to a lot of 3 D-Line formation didn't help his sack numbers, but he really wasn't a factor all year. If Thomas is as talented as advertised, Venables needs to figure out how to utilize him more.

Bryan Bresee will help his sack numbers!

Jan 14, 2020, 10:27 AM

XT may be a bit undersized for a three man front.

Re: Bryan Bresee will help his sack numbers!

Jan 14, 2020, 4:15 PM

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Our 3 man front was going to really limit sacks and tackles for loss for DE's. It's not debatable. But, it was the best thing for us this year. XT was a team player and played well within the structure of the system we ran this year.

With the Talent coming in, I think we'll see more 4 man fronts and XT, being 1 year older and 1 year stronger, will be much more disruptive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 6:47 AM

TigerCC® said:

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Our 3 man front was going to really limit sacks and tackles for loss for DE's. It's not debatable. But, it was the best thing for us this year. XT was a team player and played well within the structure of the system we ran this year.

With the Talent coming in, I think we'll see more 4 man fronts and XT, being 1 year older and 1 year stronger, will be much more disruptive.

I agree. It worked well for the team,maybe not a few individuals.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Bryan Bresee will help his sack numbers! ]

Exactly. We didnt have the players for a 3 man front or a 4 man front. A 3 man front with Clelin, Big Dex, and Wilkins could work. Then we didnt have the talent or right players to have a 4 man front this year. We just didnt have the DL.

He dissappeared a lot this year.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:24 AM

He has a lot of work to do this spring.

He had a rough year...my guess is he assumed he was

Jan 14, 2020, 10:27 AM

going to be the starter and some of these younger guys must have out hustled him in practice. If he doesn't get it figured out he's going to cost himself money

I don't think the system we ran this year suited him very

Jan 14, 2020, 10:29 AM

well. He's a 4-3 edge rusher and possibly even a 3-4 OLB at the next level. He's not really built to play on the DL in a 3-man front, which is primarily what we ran this year.

Re: I don't think the system we ran this year suited him very

Jan 14, 2020, 11:22 AM

Should be set to explode next season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think the system we ran this year suited him very

Jan 14, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I don't think the system we ran this year suited him very ]

I agree our system didn’t help his personal numbers this year, but our overall defense was better than I thought it would be after losing so much talent.
I still think he will be a difference maker next year for us.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:15 PM

Has XT gained weight and slowed down?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 1:37 PM

XT was concussed earlier in the year. Does anyone think that affected him this season in some way

Jan 14, 2020, 1:51 PM

He was in trouble with Dabo during the offseason, putting him at 3rd on the first depth chart release. My guess is if he was suspended for the first quarter it was probably something to do with a curfew in NO. Im just going to say it, him and KJ have been a dissapointment so far. I know OL/DL are primarily JR and SRs but they came in with a lot of hype and were supposed to learn a lot last season from the power rangers but that doesnt seem to be the case. Wilkins played great as a freshman, Dexter Lawrence's best year in college statistically was probably his freshman year and Clelin Ferrell started and mostly dominated his RS freshman year. I really hope they play up to their 5 star status next year, if they dont they will most likely get surpassed by the incoming 5 star freshman

Jan 14, 2020, 2:35 PM

Both XT and KJ must play much better next season or our defense will be weaker...

Jan 15, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue ]

He was in trouble with Dabo during the offseason, putting him at 3rd on the first depth chart release. My guess is if he was suspended for the first quarter it was probably something to do with a curfew in NO. Im just going to say it, him and KJ have been a dissapointment so far. I know OL/DL are primarily JR and SRs but they came in with a lot of hype and were supposed to learn a lot last season from the power rangers but that doesnt seem to be the case. Wilkins played great as a freshman, Dexter Lawrence's best year in college statistically was probably his freshman year and Clelin Ferrell started and mostly dominated his RS freshman year. I really hope they play up to their 5 star status next year, if they dont they will most likely get surpassed by the incoming 5 star freshman

He was selling his bowl merchandise

Jan 14, 2020, 2:57 PM

XT is a bust...Plain and simple.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 14, 2020, 3:02 PM

CU doesn't recruit bad character guys.....right?

Jan 14, 2020, 3:12 PM

What are you saying ? Doghead

Jan 15, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue ]

Just a guess, but whatever he was suspended for would probably fine and possibly expected by an ankle biter.

Jan 14, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas sat out first quarter for disciplinary issue ]

Pump the breaks on the bust talk. He was only a Sophomore. Not every 5 star comes in and is a day one all-star.

Next year, he has to make the leap though and I expected more this season. Same with Henry.

Let's see what happens when he is back at SDE and running a friendlier scheme with some talent upgrades.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:11 AM

Whatever happened to XK?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic