Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,434

Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, NC

Aug 3, 2019, 1:27 PM
IMG_1354.PNG(63.1 K)

While the Leader sits at -13 and hasn't Tee'd it up for his 3rd Round, one of our two Tigers playing has finished a forgettable round.

Lucas Glover was +1 for the day . . . Scoring well with 5 birdies . . . Yet missing the mark with 2 bogies and even worse, 2 double bogies . . . He tumbled to a tie for 64th Place

Was proud of the way he fought back all day . . . He just couldn't avoid the big numbers . . .

(To avoid invoking the curse of the druids, Kyle was not discussed.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kyle has completed his 3rd Round . . .

Aug 3, 2019, 3:11 PM

He shot a respectable -3 today and currently sits in a tie for 31st Place . . . With about half of the field still on the course his position is sure to change . . .

The Par 5 15th Hole was particularly damaging to his psyche and score . . . He hit his second shot over water, into a front right bunker . . . He short sided himself (the flag was also front right) . . . It took him 4 more shots to get down . . .

Kyle's season long "Sandy Saves" is less than 50% . . . Ranks 137th in this category . . . this stat he must improve to compete at this level . . .

Best Wishes to Our Tiger on Sunday as he seeks to climb the FedEx Board and earn a nice paycheck!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyle has completed his 3rd Round . . .

Aug 3, 2019, 4:14 PM

Thanks for keeping me up to date on all the happenings of the last couple days... I tell ya, go off a couple days and everything goes south. My fav and jr picked the one day not to go to the Braves game, and our former Tiger golfers took a tumble.

Sure wish Lucas would get hot in the fed ex. Didn’t get to follow his round but he sure did have a ton of squares and double squares.

But all is not lost- Kennerly still has a good shot.

Doc should have played last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, NC

Aug 3, 2019, 4:34 PM

As things stand right now, it looks like Lucas may be able to avoid today's MDF thanks for Jordan Spieth. Lucas is currently T70 with several others. Spieth has plummeted down the board and has allowed Lucas and the others to move from T71, which would have invoked the MDF, to T70, which should allow them to play tomorrow. They just need for Spieth to finish no better than -4.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 4:45 PM

The negative to this is that a few of the players that are also T70 are hovering around the 150 mark on the FedExCup standings. Allowing them to play again tomorrow and possibly improve their position could be bad for Jonathan Byrd, as he is currently projected at 149. He needs help to ensure he stays at 150 or better. Zach Johnson and Harris English are both T70 and trying to get to 150 or above also.

Aug 3, 2019, 6:13 PM

Thanks again Schema for the updates!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, NC ]

The MDF will be eliminated next year, which is a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 7:25 PM

Yep. Points are going to be a little harder to come by next year with the new cut line.

Several name golfers have already lost their cards

Aug 3, 2019, 5:14 PM

for next year. Martin Kaymer, Beau Hossler, Hunter Mahan, Ollie Schniederjans, and Luke Donald. Donald still has 3 medical exemptions and career earnings to fall back on, but the others will be in Q school. Alex Noren, Daniel Berger, and Bill Haas are battling this weekend to keep their cards.

Hoping that Kyle has a strong enough finish tomorrow to stay top 125. Lucas is comfortably in, but Sam Saunders and Jonathan Byrd are also on the outside looking in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Several name golfers have already lost their cards

Aug 3, 2019, 6:22 PM

Thanks Hawk... you’re right, it’s amazing how many former named golfers are on the Korn Ferry tour now. Maybe I’m just getting old but sure is a ton of worldwide golfers coming to college here and going on the tour... not that anything is wrong with that.

I hate that for Sam, he’d been pretty hot lately but just can’t seem to stay away with a crooked number or a couple stretches of bad holes. Hopefully not but would not surprise me if he hangs his spikes up and pursue another career. Maybe end up on golf channel.

Aug 3, 2019, 7:01 PM

Sam played a lot of tournaments in a row at the end. He had to, and I'm not surprised it caught up with him. Along with Byrd and Trahan, he'll go to the Korn Ferry finals in hopes of finishing in the top 25 to keep his card.

Aug 3, 2019, 8:37 PM

I’m pulling hard for him... he’s struggling with himself. He’s got the game- mentally he seems to be in a bad place. Hated to hear him talking about giving it up.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,434
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic