Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wren kids scores 65... and he is FSU commit :(
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Wren kids scores 65... and he is FSU commit :(

Feb 24, 2020, 8:22 AM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/02/23/wren-basketball-and-fsu-commit-bryce-mcgowens-scores-65-hurricanes-advance-schsl-playoffs/4791334002/

Sorry if germans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wren kids scores 65... and he is FSU commit :(

Feb 24, 2020, 8:31 AM

Yes but can he defends ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 24, 2020, 9:39 AM

Better hope so if he is going to Fla St. Coach Campbell at Wren preaches defense, so I would think the young man is probably a well rounded basketball player.

Who says pictures don't lie!

Feb 24, 2020, 8:34 AM

If the article is about Wren beating TR, then why does it show a picture of McGowns dunking on a Daniel kid at DHS?

Re: Who says pictures don't lie!

Feb 24, 2020, 11:16 AM

Remember this is the Greenville No News.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:36 AM

So he is the brother of the Pitt guard. Leonard always manages to land some nice players. Including some good international players too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is his story, did he have ties to FSU

Feb 24, 2020, 8:43 AM

did we offer? just curious if anyone knows how his recruitment went.

Re: what is his story, did he have ties to FSU

Feb 24, 2020, 9:24 AM

jgtiger said:

did we offer? just curious if anyone knows how his recruitment went.

Steve Smith had the connection as main recruiter when he was here. One of main reasons why FSU got him because of the relationship.

Re: what is his story, did he have ties to FSU

Feb 24, 2020, 9:36 AM

NC - here's another article regarding the school in NC that Bryce had been at for a month.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7503557/MyPayrollHR-scandal-leads-shuttering-basketball-academy-forcing-students-new-schools.html

Yes, we recruited him and yes, we offered him a scholly.***

Feb 24, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to what is his story, did he have ties to FSU ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 24, 2020, 8:55 AM

He's a good player and he knows it. Saw him earlier in the season getting outplayed by a rival player. He missed a dunk, rival player catches outlet pass for a nice dunk, McGowens, not to be outdone goes down the floor and hits a deep 3 gets back to half court and looks at rival players family and screams "SHUT THE F UP" about 3 times in front of everyone.

He's long, athletic and can shoot from anywhere on the floor but has ZERO humility and is also one of the best floppers you'll ever see.

His brother was the same way and IMO is a better player. His brother's Wren team also made it to the state finals and embarrassed themselves by getting a big lead and the kids on the bench started pretending they were reading newspapers and cutting up. Well, the team they were playing came back and beat them. That team was led by a guy you may have heard of, a kid named Clyde Trapp.

None of that I say is to take away from the kid's talent. He's one of the most sought after players around. I just don't see it when I watch him play esp regarding the competition they play against. Brownell wanted him bad not sure he'd fit the Brownell style though.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:58 AM

Trust me O-Max Prosper is just as good and he comes next year and not in two. Just think Dawes is better than the othet McGowens brother at Pitt...

Feb 24, 2020, 9:20 AM

Bryce supposedly is graduating early to go ahead and enroll at FSU. Not sure I buy any of that. His family tried some similar things with his brother and with Bryce this year.

Trey left Wren and reclassified to attend Hargrave, or one those prep schools. Got the Pitt offer then reclassified again so he could graduate with his original class.

Bryce was sent to a school in NC but it was shut down because of financial issues so he re-enrolled at Wren.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/09/11/bryce-mcgowens-re-enrolls-wren-after-lincoln-academy-closes/2289356001/

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Trey-McGowens-commits-to-Pittsburgh-will-reclassify-to-2018-117638197/

Feb 24, 2020, 11:21 AM

A kid can learn to play defense but if he can score, he can play at a big time program.

Really good and talented kid...

Feb 24, 2020, 1:36 PM

but he is incredibly arrogant and mouthy. No humility or constraint whatsoever.

Not a good fit with the Clemson culture IMO.

His plan is to play collegiately for one year and bolt for the NBA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic