Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Tommy Bowden on Clemson-FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Football Update: Tommy Bowden on Clemson-FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 9:30 AM

Tommy Bowden on Clemson-FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he off the Clemson payroll yet? Still clueless about CU's

Sep 21, 2012, 9:33 AM

OFFENSE.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is he off the Clemson payroll yet? Still clueless about CU's

Sep 21, 2012, 9:37 AM

two more years I think. CTB the gift that keeps on giving

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booby taught him well: How to coyly talk Chit.***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Booby taught him well: How to coyly talk Chit.***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:42 AM

HA HA, he needs to throw in a few dad nabbits and dawd gummits in there !

Re: Booby taught him well: How to coyly talk Chit.***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:17 PM

And he need to be popping gum, wearing stupid looking sun glasses, and an idiotic looking hat, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is he off the Clemson payroll yet? Still clueless about CU's

Sep 21, 2012, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Is he off the Clemson payroll yet? Still clueless about CU's ]

Yes he's clueless because after Rich-Rod left-he never had an offense--no disrespect to our players-just to his coaching abilities. I guess "Jimbo" is his buddy now??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Tommy Bowden on Clemson-FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 9:34 AM

after living through his CU tenure I think is knowledge and judgement is somewhat lacking to say the least. glad he doubts us. he can take a flying jump

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that was misleading: Should haveread Tommy Bowden

Sep 21, 2012, 9:36 AM

talks FSU and Jimbo will return their saw. Compares Auburn to Wake. Said he talked to dabo and Jimbo ? Wouldn't know he talked to both by what he stated after that

Re: Wow, that was misleading: Should haveread Tommy Bowden

Sep 21, 2012, 9:39 AM

That should've read " Jimbo will return their swagger! " Still, all one sided. Really disappointed w/ CTB, a man I once respected and admired

Re: Wow, that was misleading: Should haveread Tommy Bowden

Sep 21, 2012, 9:41 AM

See if we can get " The mad scientist " Rob Spence's opinion too ! :)

Bring back the swagger they had under BB? Did I miss

Sep 21, 2012, 9:37 AM

something? Was there another coach there between Bowden and Fisher?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Uh they were pretty good under Bowden from 88 to 2003

Sep 21, 2012, 4:36 PM

Think that is what he was saying

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bring back the swagger they had under BB? Did I miss

Sep 21, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Bring back the swagger they had under BB? Did I miss ]

No. Fisher has been the head coach, as far as running the team is concerned, for about 10 years, now. Bobby, alias, "my Father" Bowden, was just a figure head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Tommy, I've wanted to say this for a while.

Sep 21, 2012, 9:48 AM

You ain't fooling nobody you putz. I watched you serve up a game to daddy when you attempted a 40+ yard field goal on fourth down with everybody knowing you couldn't tell a FG kicker from your daddy's left ########. We'd gone for it on fourth and short two times with success in that game and everybody knew it was a horrible playcall. You knew that blown FG would be the only way daddy could win.

I would have fired your half-azz ### right then and there on the field in front of God and everybody had I the authority.

But, daddy got his NC that year and you were satisfied to play your role.

Get a job looser.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A most appropriate time for the term "looser".***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:04 AM

sounds about right to me

Sep 21, 2012, 9:59 AM

Clemson has a major weak link at defense, which is something I never thought I would say a couple of years ago.

what a complete #####...I have no respect for him...biting

Sep 21, 2012, 10:02 AM

the hands that feed you...why doesn't quiver jaw field a team and schedule the tigers

Football is steadily passing him by.***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:06 AM

I put him on my chit list after his fifth year at Clemson.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to what a complete #####...I have no respect for him...biting ]

Five years is plenty enough for anybody to turn around a program with Clemson's history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he didn't say anything bad about Clemson***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to what a complete #####...I have no respect for him...biting ]

He inferred. "one more play" would make a difference is the

Sep 21, 2012, 1:22 PM

same thing in football(too cowardly to say "I screwed up again" as his comment was to saying "Those ######## fired me for being a screw up and now I hate them!-nah,nany, boo-boo!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it's just me....

Sep 21, 2012, 10:10 AM

but does anyone really care what Tommy Bowden thinks or has to say? There is a reason he is still umemployed and I sure don't see any AD's lining up at his door anxious to offer him a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said, it's objective

Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 AM

and all about right.

FSU is stronger than they were last year with the same two-deep since they have an extra year's experience.

Maybe their defense is stronger than ours and that is a better thing for the road to a BCS National Championship.

Auburn is A LOT weaker than everyone gave them credit for. They played their best game against us and we rotated a lot of players and went straight vanilla.

Jimbo will bring the swagger back to FSU that was lost when BB was the coach during his last 3-5 years.

Doesn't mean that CTB did not say anything about Clemson being stronger on offense this year with a healthy Ellington, a second year QB under Morris and stronger Watkins & Nuk.

Doesn't mean that whoever this reporter is that tweeted this only posted what HE chose to post and not the entire discussion that CTB had.

It's all taken out of context and interpretted first by the reporter of what he thinks CTB's view is and written that way and then, secondly, interpretted by the reader of what he thinks the reporter's view is.

Doesn't mean a hill of beans. Only thing that matters is Saturday night starting at 8pm and what the scoreboard says at about 11:00+pm.

Re: I don't see anything wrong with what he said, it's objective

Sep 21, 2012, 10:32 PM

Uh, Jimbo was their coach for the last 3-5 years of BB's tenure. Did you see BB doing any real coaching? Really! He looked like a lost old man with his funny looking sunglasses and hat, popping his gum like a teenager while having no interaction at all with players , coaches, staff, etc. But he did draw a big check, and he did wait long enough to get the record number of wins away from "Joe Pa". In his day BB was a great coach, but he was like so many who just don't see when the game has passed them by.

SaltyTiger on Bowden: Your are a Wussy (replace W w/ P)***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:15 AM

Mama's baby, daddy's maybe.***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 AM

should have fired bowden after

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM

The uga debacle in the valley.......I think he has a lot of resentment toward dabo and the program......one good thing he did do was get us on the road to better facilities.......but other than that all he did was spin his wheels here for ten long mediocre years.

Re: should have fired bowden after

Sep 21, 2012, 10:35 AM

He did beat USuC pretty regularly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: should have fired bowden after

Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM

and didn't he recommend Coach Swinney to TDP as his replacement??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the one that recommended Dabo to TDP

Sep 21, 2012, 4:20 PM [ in reply to should have fired bowden after ]

as his replacement. If he resented Dabo would he have done that?

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 21, 2012, 2:57 PM

TB secretly wants Dabo to lose. He likes Dabo, wants him to do well, but not too well. If we beat FL ST, CU will have a decent run at the MNC. The thought of that has to get in TB's craw.

Sep 21, 2012, 6:20 PM

Gave you a pulse for that. I think you're right on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Tommy who?

Sep 21, 2012, 3:00 PM

Dang looser!

Tommy doesn't want Dabo to take the Program

Sep 21, 2012, 4:35 PM

to another level, but he already has took it to places TB couldn't.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy doesn't want Dabo to take the Program

Sep 21, 2012, 6:20 PM

Agreed. There has to be a little envy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 21, 2012, 10:16 PM

If I were looking for a reliable comment, I wouldn't look at one that came from TB.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic