Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 122
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer

May 21, 2018, 9:19 AM

Clemson quarterback to transfer

This won't help Clemson's depth at quarterback. Clemson sophomore quarterback Hunter Johnson will transfer from the school according to multiple reports. The si Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that escalated quickly. Good luck HJ.***

May 21, 2018, 9:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well that escalated quickly. Good luck HJ.***

May 21, 2018, 9:24 AM

Our options are becoming clearer now. Wish Hunter the best!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be OK, we have emergency backups

May 21, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Well that escalated quickly. Good luck HJ.*** ]

Hunter Renfrow (also emergency punter) and Christian Wilkins (also emergency DE and safety) but after our 3 scholarship QBs and those two it starts to get pretty thin.

Re: Well that escalated quickly. Good luck HJ.***

May 21, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Well that escalated quickly. Good luck HJ.*** ]

Wishing Hunter the absolute best of luck! He is a wonderful young man and has represented Clemson well. It's sad to see him leave but only fair that someone with this much talent not sit at 3rd string when he would be the starter at almost any other school. Blessings on him.

Re: TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer

May 21, 2018, 9:22 AM

Good luck Hunter, You will be missed. I hope you land in a great situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 9:24 AM

Will be interesting too see where he ends up. Whoever it is will be getting a good QB.

May 21, 2018, 9:31 AM

From what I was reading (it all could be complete BS) he is considering Indiana and Perdue. I think he should take a look at Arkansas in Chad Morris’ scheme. I think it would be a great fit for him.

May 21, 2018, 10:36 AM

Hunter Johnson doesn’t strike me as the “screen right, screen left” type of guy

May 21, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer ]

From what I was reading (it all could be complete BS) he is considering Indiana and Perdue. I think he should take a look at Arkansas in Chad Morris’ scheme. I think it would be a great fit for him.

May 21, 2018, 9:35 AM

Or Nebraska with Scott Frost

Somebody is about to get a REALLY good QB. The thing

May 21, 2018, 9:25 AM

about the QB position...you only need one of them. If you're good enough to start at 95% of the other teams, you probably need to go somewhere else.

Good Luck young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One disaster after another.

May 21, 2018, 9:26 AM

I hate to say it, but it's becoming clear the staff has lost control and the wheels are coming off.

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

you are just STUPID

May 21, 2018, 9:28 AM

nm

Please explain why.

May 21, 2018, 9:32 AM

Also, please refrain from personal attacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Please explain why.

May 21, 2018, 9:43 AM

I agree about the personal comments but I would really rather hear your explanation behind your comments. One disaster after another? Lost control?? Wheels coming off ???Doesn’t sound like a program that would have 3 first or second round draft picks come back for their senior year.

We had no players selected in either of those rounds.***

May 21, 2018, 9:58 AM

Re: We had no players selected in either of those rounds.***

May 21, 2018, 10:47 AM

We had 3 that probably would have gone in those rounds but elected to come back for the “disaster” that will be 2018.

Re: We had no players selected in either of those rounds.***

May 21, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to We had no players selected in either of those rounds.*** ]

duh -they came back to school to play another year so how could they get drafted?

May 21, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Please explain why. ]

It is called sarcasm guys.

Some posters are not on the board 24\7. HTH.***

May 21, 2018, 3:35 PM

Some posters are not on the board 24\7. HTH.***

May 21, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Please explain why. ]

May 21, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Please explain why. ]

I believe this guy is jerking your chain. No one can be that misinformed.

May 21, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Please explain why. ]

I’ll help to explain why. A number 1 ranked 5 star QB who looks ultra talented and I’m his second year just decided he doesn’t have a shot at the starting job and wants to transfer.

If you follow Clemson at all that means a freshman just beat out a roster of talented and experienced QBs. Good for Clemson. Also it’s not like depth of Bryant and Brice is exactly bad. I hope HJ goes on to do great things but for Clemson I’m more than excited now.

I've been a huge Clemson fan for several years now...

May 21, 2018, 10:01 AM

but even I know when it's time to take off the orange colored glasses.

how huge are you??

May 21, 2018, 10:04 AM

love,

classof1994®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I've been a huge Clemson fan for several years now...

May 21, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I've been a huge Clemson fan for several years now... ]

I graduated in 1984 and my daughter graduated last year. Our blood runs orange. It’s not a fair weather thing. Please do take off your orange colored glasses and anything else Clemson that you may have acquired over the last “several years”. ALL IN. GO TIGERS!!!!!

Rhett - dude - he’s completely trolling you. Sarcasm. Don’t

May 21, 2018, 10:41 AM

feed it - means he will stay around longer.

And now he starts to think he’s good at it, which is even worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Rhett - dude - he’s completely trolling you. Sarcasm. Don’t

May 21, 2018, 10:55 AM

Ok. But there are some lines you just don’t cross.....

Can assure you there is no line FM...

May 21, 2018, 1:48 PM

....won't cross

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

You must be really new to the webnets because no there

May 21, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Rhett - dude - he’s completely trolling you. Sarcasm. Don’t ]

isn’t, unfortunately.

This isn’t your grandparent’s interweb.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I've been a huge Clemson fan for several years now...

May 21, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I've been a huge Clemson fan for several years now... ]

That's really enough. It's not even funny now.

Your name is Francis, and you have Bill Murray

May 21, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Please explain why. ]

(the non-zombie photo) as your profile picture.

I am ashamed for you right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Your name is Francis, and you have Bill Murray

May 21, 2018, 10:03 AM

we are all ashamed - but in her defense, she's a coot and probably tweaking right now

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I prefer not to think about it tweaking.***

May 21, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nor twerking.....ewww.***

May 21, 2018, 1:41 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Found Juan.***

May 21, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to you are just STUPID ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

May 21, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to you are just STUPID ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's that new thing called "sarcasm".

May 21, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to you are just STUPID ]

We all knew HJ is too good to be a back up QB. I talked to a friend of a friend's son and she told me that a friend told her that TL was heads above the other QBs. I think he is 6'6". So he's pretty tall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but is he “Logan Thomas” tall?***

May 21, 2018, 9:52 PM

Re: Yeah, but is he “Logan Thomas” tall?***

May 22, 2018, 2:21 PM

let me tweet Heather right quick and see what she says.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are just STUPID

May 21, 2018, 2:49 PM [ in reply to you are just STUPID ]

Please don’t be offensive. He is “intellectually incoherent.”

Personally, I think this is Joey Batson's fault***

May 21, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

May 21, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

It was fun while it lasted guys.

totally agree with you - its our interim coach

May 21, 2018, 10:02 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

coot

i guess you think we shood hire your beloved muschamp, huh?? i just bet you do.

Re: One disaster after another.

May 21, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

More like TL is showing why he was condsidered one of the best qb prospect in a decade. HJ didn’t transfer bc he was unhappy he transferred bc he knew he wasn’t going to play over Trevor. Not a disaster by any means. The belk thing was kinda sad to hear but also not a disaster by any means. Go Tigers!!

May 21, 2018, 3:53 PM

We just cant pick our quarterbacks cleanly. Unless TL got the nod and hunter knew he would remaining behind him, shameful lost

May 21, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

???

May 21, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

Poor roster management

May 21, 2018, 11:45 AM

Nah. That’s Muschamp. Poor rooster management.

May 21, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

I think we have more wheels that we used to have. Last year we played an injured QB @ Syracuse. We should be better across the roster than last year. The only position that we might be not as good is Dorian O'Daniel's LB spot, but if Simmons can learn the position he might be better.

May 21, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

The QB job is Trevor Lawrence 's to lose. Period !!!!

Brutal trolling.***

May 21, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to One disaster after another. ]

Finally,someine else senses the same thing I do.Someone can hate on me if they want to,but Clemson coaches are getting too full of themselves.You cant jave every number one in their position to play for you.Every week you see Clemson offers another "top rated" QB.Ya'll may be very thankful for Kelly Bryant this coming season.Dare I say it,but our staff is greedy and too many young men see our success and want a piece of it,but everyone cant be the starter.I feel its a cycle that will work against us sooner rather than later.God bless the Tigers.

May 21, 2018, 7:50 PM

Seems to work pretty good for Saban and Alabama.

Good luck Hunter...you did it the right way!***

May 21, 2018, 9:26 AM

Good timing and he made the right call.

May 21, 2018, 9:27 AM

It's clear barring injury that TL is the heir apparent. That said, I am pulling for HJ and hope he has a great career wherever he goes. If it weren't for TL, HJ would have likely been our QB for a couple of year at one point. It will be interesting to see where he goes,

Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program?

Feels like we're losing them left and right but Ohio State, Bama, UGA, etc. don't seem to have nearly this amount of turnover. If Kelly B. decides to transfer too, then our already thin QB depth gets much worse. The coaches are going to have to start taking more in future recruiting classes and yes, I know they know what they're doing. I trust the coaches, but this has become the norm at Clemson so we've got to make sure we've got depth behind all our transfers.

Re: Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program?

May 21, 2018, 9:30 AM

KB isn't going anywhere, if he was Johnson probably would have stayed.

Well, bama already has had

May 21, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

Two OL start the transfer process this spring and they have had multiple qb’s transfer out in years past (Simms, Barnett, etc) so there’s that. It’s certainly not a Clemson specific thing. The more high level talent you have, the greater the likelihood some of that talent becomes dissatisfied with sitting

May 21, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

LOL GET A DOG.

What did dogs ever do to you ????

May 21, 2018, 10:43 AM

Brutal punishment for dogs.

May 21, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

Those schools didn’t recruit the WB talent we did. The Belk fiasco aside, we haven’t lost quality players with the exception of QB and we all knew it was coming. Not enough snaps for that many quality QBs

May 21, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

You just wait. Bama will have a QB transfer pretty soon

May 21, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

Thin QB depth...how many other schools could still trot out a third stringer as talented as Chase Brice? Other options after that, pending necessity, could be Derion Kendrick (just won a state championship taking nearly every QB snap for South Pointe (Rock Hill)) and Glen Batson. Not saying they are the same caliber, but it DOES give us some depth. I believe Trevion Thompson also played QB in high school, and could be pressed into service if push came to shove. Either way, I see any situation where we were down to QB #4 on the depth chart as a "we're already in a world of trouble" situation.

May 21, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

What has become the norm is that Clemson has become so loaded that kids realize they aren't going to play. I would bet the house that Dabo and company sat down with each QB and laid out what future they saw. HJ had no more time to waste. No one should be surprised that we had a QB transfer after spring practice. If KB wasn't a redshirt senior, he would probably have left also. If TL only stays 3 years as most think, then CB will be a senior with 4 years in the program.

We will be fine.

May 21, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Wow. Does Clemson have some kinda express transfer program? ]

Guess hunter knew he couldn't compete. Wish him luck.

Was not expectng this

Hope he doesn't go to an SEC or ACC school, just because.

Good luck HJ!

May 21, 2018, 9:29 AM

Sad, but not surprised, only 1 QB can touch the ball at a time. I really like Hunter and wish him nothing but the best

Very true

May 21, 2018, 9:34 AM

I wish he would have been given more touches to see what we really had last year in him. Wish him nothing but the best and hope he succeeds as long as he doesn’t play Clemson.

May 21, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer ]

Seems our second best QB is transferring.

May 21, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer ]

I really like this guy. If not for TL, or a TL talent type player, he's more than capable of leading this or any other talented team to a Natty.

I really believe that and if he's wise, he'll use this experience and go somewhere to do just that!

Good luck HJ!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's headed to Purdue***

May 21, 2018, 9:31 AM

Re: He's headed to Purdue***

Purdue makes sense, since he is from Indiana.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purdue or NW. Beat Mich and OSU!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: He's headed to Purdue*** ]

Jeff Brohm will probably be gone from Purdue in a year and then they will suck again. Bad move.

May 21, 2018, 9:32 AM

With recent success at Purdue and their pro style offense, it makes perfect sense to end up there. Close to home and will own the Big 10

Ouch

While I understand it... hate to see HJ leave. He is a class act quality kid and he could start just about anywhere else. Would love to see him at Purdue or Indiana. Wonder if Tennessee will make another run at him as well.

Re: Ouch

May 21, 2018, 9:37 AM

He doesn't seem like an SEC guy. His skills would be better showcased somewhere in the B10.

Re: Ouch

May 21, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Ouch ]

My sentiments! I was pulling for him...still am. I wish him the best.

May 21, 2018, 9:36 AM

Well, that’s a bummer. I was really excited when he decided to come to Clemson and I thought he was going to be a great one. Hate to see him go but everyone has to do what’s best for them. Good luck.

My opinion don't count for much on tese matters but

May 21, 2018, 9:38 AM

this really pizza's me off. What will be worse is when KB gets the nod for this whole year. CDS has taken Clemson o great heights but this looks like it will be another "woulda, coulda, shoulda" year coming... the kind we earned that infamous moniker for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: My opinion don't count for much on tese matters but

Dang brother....relax. were going to be fine. Life is Good. When we win the Natty this year you'll forget all about this. ????#allin

May 21, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to My opinion don't count for much on tese matters but ]

Dang brother....relax. were going to be fine. Life is Good. When we win the Natty this year you'll forget all about this. ????#allin

May 21, 2018, 1:54 PM

For real, so many negative fans. This is going to be a great season.

May 21, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to My opinion don't count for much on tese matters but ]

let's let the year play out first! We still have approx. 3 1/2 months before the season starts.

Great QB. Looked very good in the Spring Game.

May 21, 2018, 9:40 AM

Hate to see him go, but he knows what's up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 9:42 AM

Good luck to you HJ

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 21, 2018, 9:58 AM

I can’t see why anyone would be surprised. We have a slew of qb’s that would start anywhere. If HJ stays and doesn’t play, his shot at the NFL greatly diminishes. I thought he would transfer as soon as TL became official. It is a nice problem to have.

Hate seeing him go but I understand his reasons***

May 21, 2018, 10:00 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

No letter from a lawyer or nuttin

May 21, 2018, 10:09 AM

I thought that was the norm now.

Probably not an unconditional transfer.

May 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

Doubt he can transfer to SCAR or any other team we play.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no no no......Good luck Hunter! ??***

May 21, 2018, 10:14 AM

Good luck to HJ

May 21, 2018, 10:16 AM

In all your future endeavors. I hate to see you go, but I understand the reasoning.

I was thinking about this scenario not long ago

May 21, 2018, 10:24 AM

With so many QBs, I was thinking about possibly ending up with an injured QB and the back-up QB being a converted safety or something. It seems like this happens when you get so stocked at one position. I hate to see Hunter go, but I understand. He would be starting at for sure at other ACC schools.

Hunter, good luck young man and please go to a school that we don't play!

May 21, 2018, 10:28 AM

It stinks to lose HJ but the moment Trevor Lawrence committed the writing was on the wall. Johnson is way too talented to not start, so it makes sense to transfer.

I think this actually may point to TL being named the starter soon. If it was still an open competition, there'd be no reason for him to call it quits.

May 21, 2018, 10:32 AM

Let Bryant take his place and keep Jonson

May 21, 2018, 10:39 AM

Cool second post....

What is your usual screen name chicken boy?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!***

May 21, 2018, 10:34 AM

Hate to lose such a great guy!***

May 21, 2018, 10:48 AM

May 21, 2018, 10:34 AM

Whee

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow..knew it but Clemson lost a great QB & Young Man!

May 21, 2018, 10:40 AM

Can you believe we are so stacked with QB’s we can lose the #1 or #2 QB in recent national class ratings and still are flying high.

Coach Howard & even Danny would have pulled Eye teeth to have Hunter.

Good luck Hunter Johnson & come back to visit anytime, TiGER!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow..knew it but Clemson lost a great QB & Young Man!

May 21, 2018, 11:12 AM

I know what you’re saying lbb but if anyone other than TL was going to leave, I didn’t want it to be HJ. Just a great kid and I know nothing about Chase except he looked wild in the spring game and kinda came across as cocky in the articles ive seen.

I’m not saying he isn’t the best thing since sliced bread but I really wanted HJ to stay here... maybe even in a two qb system.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Surprise Surprise !

May 21, 2018, 11:16 AM

This guy is too good to ride the pine ... sitting there yelling go team when knowing he could play for anybody else in the Nation.

Bet he ends up in a B10 School, SEC ... heck maybe Notre Dame ! He is that good.

One thing ... I don't know why we go three deep on 5 stars for a given position ... you know these guys are gonna leave if they don't start.

This is not unexpected, BUT . . . .

May 21, 2018, 11:26 AM

I didn't see it coming so soon. The fact that he has to sit out, I figured he would see who it goes once practice starts. Players can get hurt and the entire plan falls to crap. Things change so quickly. For this reason, I hate seeing him go. What "if" . we get injuries? He could transfer later . .but I guess it's a done deal. Now hoping for no injuries.

Re: Well, Surprise Surprise !

May 21, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Well, Surprise Surprise ! ]

You never give up on a chance to get a top prospect. Mainly because you are never sure how they will transfer to the college game. Sorta like all the top QB's who can never cut it in the pros.

May 21, 2018, 11:27 AM

First off, good luck Hunter. I am truly sorry to see you go.

Second, I can't help but see the irony of the situations compared to Bama and Tua. Had we subbed in Hunter in the cfp, we might have won. In that case, who knows, but maybe Hunter stays and Tua transfers.

This was inevitable, but i was kind of expecting it to

May 21, 2018, 11:49 AM

happen next year. I guess it's better for him to get it done earlier, but is he really that convinced already that he can't win the job next year?

May 21, 2018, 11:52 AM

Brace yourselves... When it is announced shortly that Kelly is transferring to Arkansas to play for the Chad, we will be back to having two great quarterbacks instead of 4. I can live with Trevor and Chase.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:21 PM

May 21, 2018, 11:57 AM

Auburn.....would be the right move. Sudan's gone after this season.

May 21, 2018, 12:32 PM

Stidham

May 21, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson quarterback to transfer ]

Stidham

May 21, 2018, 12:20 PM

I really hate to see this... but let me get this strait....

Belk signs and transfers to a rival and the staff gives him a free pass to play next year. Johnson comes in and is not developed by the staff(meaning no real playing time last year) transfers and they make him sit a year. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

HJ should have been starting last year. My 2 cents...

May 21, 2018, 1:00 PM

He NCAA, not the staff, determines when a player is eligible after a transfer. I’ll trust the coaches decisions regarding who is the best player.

Best of luck to Hunter Johnson

May 21, 2018, 12:24 PM

Always thought Hunter was a special player that would transfer since he was not the best option for a starting job at Clemson. Very competitive position on top teams. Hunter could be a major force on a Big Ten team looking for a great quarterback. Wish nothing but the best for him in all he does.

May 21, 2018, 12:33 PM

Wow. Didn’t see this coming. But good luck Hunter and I understand you didn’t want to be a bench warmer.

No real surprise here

May 21, 2018, 1:00 PM

I thought he should have played last year.... but I’m not a coach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

May 21, 2018, 1:26 PM

I figured a transfer was coming, but I honestly thought it would be Chase Brice... It’s a shame, I felt Hunter played the best of the four in the Spring Game... The positive is, hopefully this means Trevor will get the nod as starter.

May 21, 2018, 4:01 PM

I am totally optimistic about this! Things have become less confused and even More exciting in Tigertown!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 4:24 PM

wish HJ the best of luck! Where will the unused scholarships go?

Dayum shame!

May 21, 2018, 10:44 PM

So disheartened at the moment. Will turn the page later. But for now this is a gut punch... Wasted, lost talent for Clemson. Goodluck fella!

May 24, 2018, 9:35 AM

This is a big loss.

Bryant is good but he's not going to win the championship... Lots of times last year where Bryant could have made the play but didn't. I know we've grown accustomed to Deshaun's magic but...

Replies: 122
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic