Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years

Jun 27, 2020, 1:52 PM

Over or under?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years

Jun 27, 2020, 1:58 PM

Not soon enough is my bet!

Jun 29, 2020, 4:36 PM

Could not agree more. Nascar reminds me of the indianapolis 500, which, many years ago, Road & Track said about racecars that could only turn left would have made P.T.Barnum proud??.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

NASCAR has been slowly folding since the turn of the century***

Jun 27, 2020, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: NASCAR has been slowly folding since alabama football became relevant again...

Jun 27, 2020, 3:00 PM

FIFY...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is this NASCAR you speak of?***

Jun 27, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talking about NACAR

Jun 27, 2020, 3:23 PM

They forgot to remove the S in the 80s.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't surprise me at all under 3. When the TV...

Jun 27, 2020, 2:07 PM

...money dries up, and it will, it's over. Unreal how they killed their own sport in just a few years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Wouldn't surprise me at all under 3. When the TV...

Jun 27, 2020, 3:48 PM

Sometimes happens when you abandon your roots ... but almost always happens when your business plan is such that costs increase at a greater rate than the market needed to support them.

"Abandon your roots"?

Jun 28, 2020, 11:11 AM

Oh...wait...you mean "stop enabling racists." Got it.

Not what he said, at all.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:12 PM

But thanks for the obligatory yet completely unnecessary racist slant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Not what he said, at all.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:22 AM

Sounded racist to me too. IMHO ?

When he spoke of roots he was referencing

Jun 29, 2020, 3:02 PM

The Southeast. When they built cookie cutter tracks in Kansas and other places, cutting races from tracks like Darlington, N.Wilksboro, and Rockingham, they alienated a lot of fans who can’t afford (or don’t have the time) to travel to the Midwest or West coast. So it’s okaaay.

Stopped watching NASCAR years ago - won't miss it either way***

Jun 27, 2020, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 2:20 PM

I think it may last a few more years than that , but I do agree , NASCAR’S days are numbered.

Correct me if I’m wrong , but drag racing has never been too popular in the South as it is up north . I wonder why that is .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Drag racing

Jun 27, 2020, 3:26 PM

Even as a kid, I’d take that over left turns any day. Stage em!

Exactly ... why drive 500 miles to find the fastest car

Jun 28, 2020, 9:21 PM

when you can do it in seconds.

Re: I love Drag racing

Jun 29, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to I love Drag racing ]

TigerJS® said:

Even as a kid, I’d take that over left turns any day. Stage em!

Me too

Jun 30, 2020, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years ]

I enjoyed racing in the Richard Petty days. Even liked Jeff Gordon, but wouldn’t go see a race now if somebody gave me free tickets and drove me there and back. I also won’t watch it on tv. It’s a dead sport.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time,

Jun 27, 2020, 2:59 PM

Football
NASCAR
Church
Guns
Free speech
A color-blind society
Rule of law
Capitalism
America
Etc.

And look at what’s happening now. Weird huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time,

Jun 27, 2020, 3:05 PM

All wrapped up in a COVID package with a bow on top...it’s like Bernie Sanders’ dream come true.

Jun 27, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

Yep. The lefts motto is "convert or die". If they can turn things they have always hated (such as the things you've listed) into propaganda peddlers they will, but if that doesn't work and they are simply destroyed that will make the left happy as well. Enjoy what's left of your culture because the left hates you and is going to eliminate you and it.

Jun 27, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

That is one nutty post. None of that is accurate.

Useful idiot doesn't recognize truth of situation...

Jun 27, 2020, 4:23 PM

film at 11.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

Please stop, I hate stupid comments like this. You've been fanaticized by the right wing if you believe this. Chill out.
The earth is also a globe, there is no deep state, everybody pretty much wants the same thing in life.

Jun 27, 2020, 7:40 PM

It's really sad that you think there is no deep state. That only refers to unelected bureaucrats who work behind the scenes undermining policy. It's very evident with all that has happened with the Russia probe. Russia. LOL. I also think those flat earthers are insane. Did you see the video of the mouse on the Space X module?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 9:42 PM

Did you hear about the Boy Scouts new merit badge required to reach Eagle Scout?

Jun 27, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

Did you hear about the Boy Scouts new merit badge required to reach Eagle Scout?

Jun 30, 2020, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

There was no mouse on the space x rocket. There was melting ice

Jun 27, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

Jeeze, does everything have to be political? It seems like NASCAR's numbers have been going down for years. I think they over reached when they tried to get into new markets and "go big".

Also, we are in a big heap of trouble when people who disagree start attacking each other's character and motives. You're a racist! You hate America! You don't care about the poor! You hate capitalism. Good Lord.

Jun 28, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Make a list of what the Left has wanted to get rid of for a long time, ]

America was founded on the Christian religion and that is why the disdain from the left for the founding fathers and our Christian heritage. It is an absolute fact that America was founded upon the Christian religion. History can't be changed.

For your own edification,

Jun 28, 2020, 8:11 PM

you should buy a copy of the Jefferson bible that is handed out to every new representative and senator. After you read it, try to figure out what's missing.

Jun 27, 2020, 3:26 PM

I think it will die a slow painful death. Or become a regional sport again. First to go will be the sponsors for guys who wreck there cars every week or who never finish in the top 20. Then it will be hard to fill the field. Instead of a full field it will drop 3 or 4 cars then as many as 10 to 12 cars less in the field. Eventually some of the teams to save on cost will start skipping a race or two. Some will run partial schedules. The big tracks will close like Texas, Las Vegas, then they make want to try to revitalize Wilksboro. Slowly they will get back to their southern roots. Then they will run a lot of the old schedule. Driver’s want make several million dollars. They may even race on pay per event.

Just an opinion. NASCAR basically died the day Dale Earnhardt Sr died. I believe there will still be NASCAR but on a much smaller scale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have a lot of good points. I think the downward trend

Jun 27, 2020, 5:14 PM

started when they 1) created the car of tomorrow and 2) started gifting a lap back to the lead car one-lap down and the rest of the "give" crap. The cars need to look different, need to have actual headlights and the like, and need to look like what you can buy in the showroom.

On the "give" crap, the lap, competition cautions, and all that crap have wussified it away from their roots.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have a lot of good points. I think the downward trend

Jun 27, 2020, 7:48 PM

You too make some great points. All in all NASCAR is in a butt load up of trouble heading into the future. And I don’t think their is to much they can do expect go back to their roots. But the big question is will the fans NASCAR screwed over to go west come back to them.

NASCAR could go a long way by going back to N Wilksboro and give Darlington a race back and move one back to the fall. And yes get rid of those stupid future car and let crews experiment with cars a little.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 9:25 PM

I quit caring and watching NASCAR several years ago. France's grandson started running it in the ground years ago.

Live not too far from Charlotte. Brother-in-law and his

Jun 28, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: You have a lot of good points. I think the downward trend ]

family used to come up and we would go to The Winston each year. Was a good one to go to. Short and at night. That was back when you could collect Winston cigarette packs and get $$ off on the tickets. We had 5 or 6 folks that smoked them collect them for us. Used to be a good time. Like the year Michael Andretti wanted to run the Little Caesar's Lincoln and that car had a big curve up on the trunk I guess for he spare tire. Became way too corporate and standardized over time, and they shunned their base for 15 minutes in big corporate America. Not this year NOT ONE SINGLE CAR has a full-year primary sponsor. Last year there was only 1 - Lowe's on Jimmy Johnson's car. Amazing decline!

Jun 29, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: You have a lot of good points. I think the downward trend ]

I’m afraid that the hardcore race fans are dying out , so that will make it harder for NASCAR to go back to its roots .

Jun 28, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years ]

If you think they will reduce to a regional market and that market is the South I'm afraid you missed the goings on of the last couple of weeks. They just in a fell swoop alienated their entire southern following with eliminating the Confederate flag and Bubba-gate. If they don't get their crap together really fast they may not last through the end of the year. The product they have on the tube now is a bunch of crap that no one wants to watch. No fans in the seats is a nightmare for racing. And I agree, the day Dale hit the wall at Daytona, racing was dead too.

Jun 29, 2020, 12:22 AM

BigPurdy,

I did cover that by saying they may go regional back to their southern roots of the fans would take them back. I realize that stuck to their core fans when the let the races at N Wilksboro go, took a race from Darlington and moved the Labor Day Race to another and moving west. The Texas Race 2019 was half empty last time I watch a few laps of a race.

Dale Earnhardt carried NASCAR for several years and then Dale Jr kept fans coming to the tracks. NASCAR got greedy training to take a Southern Sport to a National sport going from 50,000 to 100,000 plus seats at tracks like Texas, Vegas and Homestead in Florida. NASCAR screwed the fans who were always at the track.

The death of the Allison brothers, Adam Petty, & Dale Sr., Really have come back to hurt the sport too. The lack of an Earnhardt, Davy Allison and a Petty racing has hurt the sport too. It was hard for me to watch races after Dale Sr was killed at Daytona, plus that day changed Dale Jr’s career forever. He won back to back Busch Championships before moving up to Winston Cup. I believe had Dale Sr lived DEI would have survived and Dale Earnhardt Jr would have had a stellar career. Which would possibly have enabled another Earnhardt to step into a car at DEI under Dale Sr’s guidance.

A struggling sport suffered a life threatening event the way they have responded to the Bubba Wallace incident and the way they treated their core fans the past 2 weeks.

Time will tell!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

Jun 27, 2020, 3:31 PM

Under

Two***

Jun 27, 2020, 3:32 PM

@wueagle86 is pretty spot on imo

Jun 27, 2020, 3:57 PM

But I think a lot of it will hinge on when unlimited fan participation resumes. Right now NACAR and more importantly, sponsors wouldn’t know they have a (greater) problem. It’s been heading down for a couple of decades due to things already mentioned here and other poasts as evidenced by the empty seats, especially at the newer cookie cutter tracks. I’m interested to see Darlington attendance then because it’s usually full or dang near. Have talked to plenty of diehard folks that have said they aren’t giving NACAR another cent. Me, I quit about 12 years ago (same with NFL) or I would gladly hop that bandwagon.

Jun 27, 2020, 4:18 PM

I hope anything the France family has anything to do with goes under immediately. All crooks from Big Bill on down .

Jun 27, 2020, 4:24 PM

Ditto and TU

Jun 27, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years ]

I hope anything the France family has anything to do with goes under immediately. All crooks from Big Bill on down .

I agree, but would also add the closed on Sunday cathy chick fil a shoe shiners

Jun 27, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Over under on years. NASCAR folds in 3 years ]

I agree, but would also add the closed on Sunday cathy chick fil a shoe shiners

I agree, but would also add the closed on Sunday cathy chick fil a shoe shiners...

Jun 27, 2020, 4:35 PM

Sports go in and out of style. We all loved motorcross in the 70's, where's that now?

AN important announcement

Jun 27, 2020, 4:51 PM

OK, I admit it. Trump is really a democrat and our secret deep state operative. Our goal worked, he has destroyed the capitalistic system you call the USA plus the icing on the cake... NASCAR! I know, I know, the Formula 1 guys say it's not really racing and I don't understand why you make it look like a Chevy, I mean can you go in a showroom and buy one? I wonder what the undercoating would cost? Excuse me? No, you really need the undercoating, trust me, the guy at the dealership said it's a must have. Yes it cost an extra $1400 but better safe than sorry!

Re: AN important announcement

Jun 27, 2020, 5:17 PM

You paid for the undercoating didn’t you?

Jun 27, 2020, 5:34 PM

..... and the floor mats!

How does someone get under a 70% pulse? I guess by paying for undercoating, floor mats, and an extra $150 for Scotchguard seat treatment!

Jun 28, 2020, 10:50 AM

TigerLinks said:

..... and the floor mats!

How does someone get under a 70% pulse? I guess by paying for undercoating, floor mats, and an extra $150 for Scotchguard seat treatment!

That reminds me of the movie Fargo.

I'll take the Over.

Jun 27, 2020, 4:55 PM

If NASCAR can get away with what they have already these past 20 years they can certainly go another 20 or more from here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NASCAR has been fading for a decade***

Jun 27, 2020, 7:25 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: NASCAR has been fading for a decade***

Jun 27, 2020, 7:42 PM

NASCAR blows
Been unwatchable for a decade or more.
Who are the yankee drivers that all suck?
Who cares !

Glad I saw FiREball race at Daytona in late 50’s..

Jun 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

or was it 1960.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad I saw FiREball race at Daytona in late 50’s..

Jun 29, 2020, 12:16 AM

LightBulbBiLL my Dad was working in Daytona back then and knew him through his work and named me after him. No, not FireBall but his first name.

Re: NASCAR has been fading for a decade***

Jun 27, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: NASCAR has been fading for a decade*** ]

If Indycar survived , NASCAR will survive. Manufacturers are spending millions on this new car scheduled to debut in 2022. Also, you have Honda and Dodge looking to join the sport with the new Gen7 car. It’s not going away boys.

They had a decreasing base whom they alienated

Jun 27, 2020, 8:23 PM

The rest of this year will be b/ad, but since alot of tickets have been sold already they'll have decent crowds. Next year the bottom will fall out when sponsors drop and no one goes to the races. Then they'll lose the TV deal. Within 4 years it will have about the same popularity as US mens tennis.

Jun 27, 2020, 8:48 PM

I say over but only because of negotiations to merge with IndyCar. The only current differences are fenders and engine displacement. The NASCAR I knew and loved began disappearing when they left N. Wilkesboro and was gone when they went to one race frame.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 9:16 PM

I would never "leave" it. I'm a car guy. I taught Auto, I own many and I restore them now. So, no I'll never "leave" . . as some of the fair weather fans have said. But I will agree . hate the new cars. I wish there was a series that raced the older cars. . today. Make them safer, but I wan t to see Torinos and Chevelles, or Galaxies and Impalas, Thunderbirds and MonteCarlos. etc. I want to see chrome bumpers . lots of ways it could be done. Not interested in seeing a 4 door vehicle that is made into a 2 door and run an engine that isn't available on the street.

Jun 27, 2020, 10:14 PM

NASCAR is dead, the body is at the morgue waiting internment. The obituary should read as follows: NASCAR, a sport born in the south in the fifties by moonshiners at Darlington, SC died after a terminal illness called political correctness. Arrangements are pending as no one has claimed the body.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 10:40 PM

Boycott Sunoco.

Jun 28, 2020, 1:08 AM

It was interesting to see Chlt Motor Speedway add expansive grandstands to the back stretch several years ago and then have to take them down a short time later. Appeared at that point interest in the sport was beginning a steady decline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jun 28, 2020, 1:33 AM

NASCAR might change but it will be around for awhile. There is a need for speed. As long as they put it on TV it will be around.

Need for speed...drag strip***

Jun 28, 2020, 9:07 PM

Way over.***

Jun 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 11:05 AM

They won't be folding anytime soon but they, along with most other major sports, will be seeing a continued revenue decline as people start to tune out in even greater numbers than before. You can bet nobody was watching NASCAR races to hear about how much America and/or white people suck. Same goes for the NFL and the rest of them. They better be getting ready for a much much smaller TV deal next time.

OVER

Jun 29, 2020, 2:07 PM

I'll take OVER 3 years

Anything with SCAR in its name

Jun 29, 2020, 3:15 PM

Is cursed to fail. Autonomous electric car races will be all the rage in 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nascar lost me several years ago, when they started jumping

Jun 30, 2020, 8:39 AM

around TV networks like a grasshopper on a hot skillet. It got so you couldn't bet from week to week where the heyall the broadcast of that weeks race would be. Then, they tried to take all the racing out of the races, fining drivers for everything under the sun. I finally decided I had better things to do with my time.

The fall of Nascar just goes to show how ANY sport needs great rivalries. When Dale Earnhardt was killed, it also killed the one great rivalry Nascar had at the time, him vs Jeff Gordon. The fact that Jimmie Johnson, who has all the personality of wet toast, began to win all the time was the final nail in the coffin.

Kind of like ACC basketball. We used to play on Sat and Wed

Jun 30, 2020, 10:02 AM

each week. You knew it ahead of time and we nice and regular. Now? Seems like every day of the week. Same as Friday night college football.

NASCAR folded 2/18/2001***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:05 AM

Jun 30, 2020, 12:39 PM

NOOSECAR is dead to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic