Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you consider the season a success or failure if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Would you consider the season a success or failure if

Oct 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

we go 9-3 losing to UGA, FSU, and SCar considering the amount of injuries we've had to incur?

SCar will most likely be 6-5 heading into our game, so I'd obviously hate to lose to them again, but many would likely consider this a pretty solid year given the circumstances.

Maybe it's irrational to say this, but I would trade a 7-5 year with a win against my rival than a 9-3 year and another loss to my rival.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Failure. Injuries are an excuse.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

the trend of those games over the past 5 years is not

Oct 26, 2014, 12:36 PM

changing

Dabo has bucked the trend of losing games we shouldn't. It's time to start winning games where the talent level is similar.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Would you consider the season a success or failure if

Oct 26, 2014, 12:37 PM

losing to scumu makes any season a failure

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 12:38 PM

If we go 9-3 and lose to GT I say a decent year. It's not a option to lose to the Coots. 5 in a row is the unthinkable but 6 would be beyond words.

ANY season we lose to the chickens is an unfulfilled season

Oct 26, 2014, 12:42 PM

on at least one level......of course, not many would whine if the Tigers won every game but that one, but I probably would....at least some....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point--I would say a failure because you

Oct 26, 2014, 12:46 PM

would have lost all 3 of your big games (UGA, FSU, USuC). The last game may be the only one impacted by injuries.

We have to find a way even if DW is not here. Kinda like 1980 when everyone said there was no way Clemson would win and in the end DV and the Tigers found a way to destroy a good Coot team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point--I would say a failure because you

Oct 26, 2014, 2:35 PM

Scar is horrible though, shouldn't be hard

WHY did you have to say this? Don't you know...

Oct 26, 2014, 8:43 PM

...this type of statement summons DEMONS from the past??

Please let it rest until AFTER Clemson is able to beat the chicklets.

I for one will only view a victory over the chicklets with a mild taste of bial in my mouth for finally shutting thme up for the holiday season.

It will take another 5 beatings in a row for me to finally smile after the victory.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Oct 26, 2014, 1:37 PM

For me, it would be a successful season with some big disappointments along the way. I hate losing period, and that's the mentality this team needs to have. 9-3 looks better to future recruits than 7-5, and earns the team a better bowl game. Yes, it would suck to lose to the chickens again, but I do not see any positives to losing to teams like NC State, Syracuse, BC, or Wake Forest.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

It would be a failure, injuries are a part of the game.***

Oct 26, 2014, 2:33 PM

Oct 26, 2014, 2:49 PM

Please give me a list of all the teams who have not suffered injuries to starters this year.
Yeh, that's what I thought. We should just forfeit because we have injuries.
It's just not fair.

Not all injuries are equal.

Oct 26, 2014, 5:38 PM

If the starting safety goes down you bring in your backup safety, if Peyton Manning goes down you play for the #1 pick in the draft.

Oct 26, 2014, 5:27 PM

Anything less than 9-3, including a win over coots is complete failure. I can handle losing at GT, but 6 in a row to a very mediocre SCAR team would be unacceptable.

No, 9-3 with win over SC would be fine but

Oct 26, 2014, 5:35 PM

we cannot lose to them again.

I love Clemson and no matter what will always love them, but beating SC is imperative as it is directly correlated to our success as a team!

Go Tigers!!

Failure if we lose to SCU this year***

Oct 26, 2014, 6:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 7:57 PM

It would be an absolute failure. We would have failed to win our division and conference, failed to beat all 3 of our biggest rivals and failed to beat a ranked team (assuming GT is not ranked). 9-3 seasons are nice on the surface, but not with our crappy schedule.

For me to consider this a successful season we must win out the regular season, and depending on our bowl matchup, perhaps that game as well.

Objectively a failure, as we would have failed

Oct 26, 2014, 8:11 PM

every single goal except *perhaps* "win a bowl game."

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose to coots = fail.***

Oct 26, 2014, 8:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be very disappointed with that outcome. I like how

Oct 26, 2014, 8:27 PM

we're finding ways to win games right now though. Any loss from here til postseason would be a big disappointment, a lot more so for the team than any fan though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Failure. Have to beat SC, period.***

Oct 26, 2014, 8:29 PM

Oct 26, 2014, 8:38 PM

The thought of a 6th straight off season of Dabo blowing smoke up our rears about how great the season was even without a win over SC is just nauseating.

Failure if we lose to this pitiful USuck team.***

Oct 26, 2014, 8:41 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic