Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would we ever take Morris back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Would we ever take Morris back?

Nov 10, 2019, 8:46 PM

If Scott or Elliott got pulled away elsewhere to Head coaching gigs? Honest question. I mean, it’d certainly be tempting. I think I remember him leaving on pretty good terms.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would we ever take Morris back?

Nov 10, 2019, 8:51 PM

Well according to what you've asked I guess time will tell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 8:55 PM

Did his family stay in Dallas (Highland Park)? That would make TCU an option, Baylor would be 2 hrs south.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:53 PM

Maybe. I do believe that both Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot are headed for HC positions in the very near future, and if that happens, "The Chad" might just come back home. I don't expect it, but he just might on his way "back up".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do you say that ? what jobs would they take?

Nov 11, 2019, 7:22 AM

what jobs would be good jobs?

most jobs that open up are dumpster fires ....

null

Nov 10, 2019, 8:55 PM

No!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 9:07 PM

Honestly, I think not. Maybe but I seriously doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 9:07 PM

No, that ship has sailed

Nov 10, 2019, 9:09 PM

No, and honestly I wouldn’t want him back. Nothing against him but don’t think we would have won the championships with him as OC

I hope not.***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:10 PM

I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Nov 10, 2019, 9:15 PM

as a Co-OC with an up and coming assistant as the other Co-OC, if both Elliot and Scott left at the same time. We would have him for the experience and to train his replacement while he waited for a Texas job.

That Arkansas job is about the same as the USuC job, a dumpster fire.

Re: I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Nov 10, 2019, 9:39 PM

Honestly, I think the succession plan is already in place for Streeter moving into play calling duties and OC. He was the OC before he took his current role.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Nov 11, 2019, 7:20 AM [ in reply to I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back ]

Which ever Co-OC leaves first, the other will get a big raise to stay on as the only OC. There will be no room for Chad as Co-OC.

I hope not.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:16 PM

I appreciate what he brought to our program. He instilled a more aggressive offensive philosophy and toughness, and for that we owe him a lot of gratitude. However, I felt that his in-game coaching left a lot to be desired. I felt that he sometimes got too cutesy with the play calls, and abandoned plays that were working as a result.

I don’t believe we would’ve won the national championship in 2016 if he remained as our offensive coordinator.

I also felt that his obvious interest in becoming a head coach was somewhat of a distraction. He interviewed a lot and I can’t help but wonder if that kept him from focusing his attention on our team.

We could do a lot worse than Chad as OC, but I would be disappointed if we brought him back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I hope not.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:52 PM

You are right. He got us started, but he is not an upgrade from Coach Elliot and Coach Scott. I am sorry he got fired. He should have more time.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:39 PM

I hope not. Chad is not that great of a coach. He benefited from good talent at Clemson but was stubborn, poor at making in-game adjustments, and unable to adjust his style to fit his players skill set, i.e. Cole Stoudt.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:49 PM

That ship has sailed and we are a much better offensive team now. Not happening.

No, we wouldn't.

Nov 11, 2019, 7:22 AM

Been there, done that.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic