Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone really know if Gregg Marshall...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Does anyone really know if Gregg Marshall...

Jan 4, 2015, 10:37 AM

For a fact wouldn't be interested in the Clemson job??? He is from SC and I have heard after SCU turned to Frank Martin and not him he would really like to stick it to their program. DRad has a background from SCU. Maybe he has knowledge to Marshall's ties with SCU boosters. If DRad put feelers out of a possible homerun hire that would be the only way he lets Brad go after this season. Marshall would probably be one of the few bigtime hires that wouldn't mind coaching in Greenville for a season since is from Greenwood.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the$ coming from to buy BB's contract,& if Drad were

Jan 4, 2015, 10:43 AM

to look a Greg Marshal then he is admitting he screwed up in giving BB the contract to start with. & he did

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where the$ coming from to buy BB's contract,& if Drad were

Jan 4, 2015, 10:46 AM

If he had a home run hire 5 million is nothing. DRad would just say if things really go bad the rest of the way, that this was a business decision and we have to have a top coach to pay back the money put into facilities. Would not be strange at all.

Re: Does anyone really know if Gregg Marshall...

Jan 4, 2015, 10:49 AM

He wouldn't come here. Unfortunately, Witchita State is currently a much better program than Clemson right now. And with his ego, I would think he is solely set on getting WS a title just to show everyone in America his greatness as a coach.

Clemson gonna pony up $5 or $6Mill to get a basketball coach? Naw.

~JKB

Its my understanding that Clemson had sent out feelers to

Jan 4, 2015, 11:38 AM

Marshall many years ago, at the time he was holding on till the usuck job became available...which it did not long afterwards. Sadly, the chickens opted for another individual, and Marshall got left holding the proverbial bag....after being left at the altar, Marshall wasted little time moving on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2015, 11:41 AM

DRad will not do this because he just signed BB to a long term contract last year and can not admit this was a mistake on his part....Go Tigers!!!!

I know he and his family love SC and are east coasters

Jan 4, 2015, 12:09 PM

Gregg and his wife were in a dinner club with my parents when I was younger and he was living in Rock Hill coaching Winthrop. Greg is actually originally from southwest Virginia (Roanoke area) but they have many ties to the area and love SC. He was hired as College of Charlestons coach at one point for much more money then Winthrop but resigned 3 days after taking the job and came back to Winthrop bc they loved Rock Hill. The Witchita St offer was just to much to turn down. I don't know anything about how he feels towards Clemson specifically but I know with a good offer they would probably move back here on a heartbeat.

Jan 4, 2015, 12:14 PM

Yes. He would not be interested. Got to meet him and have dinner with him last summer. He is and will be at a basketball 1st school. He gets anything and everything he needs/asks for.

Would love to have Marshall, but can't imagine him .

Jan 4, 2015, 4:23 PM

going from being the top dog in Wichita, to fighting a huge uphill battle in the ACC, at a school where basketball will always be second fiddle to football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would love to have Marshall, but can't imagine him .

Jan 4, 2015, 4:27 PM

At one time, even after he was at WS, he would have. Both of the last two, or three, times Clemson or USC was making a change he practically begged for both jobs. For some reason, both schools avoided him like the plague. Not sure if he has rubbed somebody the wrong way in this state, or what. But I thought he was a much better candidate than either Brownell, or Horn at USC. But he didn't get a sniff.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic