Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would it really be that bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Would it really be that bad

Feb 25, 2018, 8:44 PM

if we get a 5 seed instead of a 4 seed in this years ACC Tournament? Think about it, we’d get to play one of the worst teams in the ACC, which could just help us pad our resúme for the NCAA tournament seeding purposes, and then we’d play NC State, who we’ll play regardless of whether or not we get the 4 seed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would it really be that bad

Feb 25, 2018, 8:47 PM

I see your point it could help

Feb 25, 2018, 10:17 PM

It is usually better to be more rested but it also could help playing a game before to get into a rhythm. Idk what I would rather have if I was playing.

Remember last time we had a layoff

Feb 26, 2018, 10:50 AM

we went down hill shortly afterwords

5 seed is OK, but beware the 6 or 7 seed....

Feb 25, 2018, 10:40 PM

Notre Dame could snag the 10th or 11th seed, and they could have Bonzi Colson (basically their star inside player) back for the tourney.
Not a team I would want to see.
5 seed gets BC or GT most likely.
But give me the 4th seed all day long, if you want to get to the semifinals or finals

Feb 25, 2018, 10:51 PM

We're Clemson hoops .

Gotta have that 4th seed !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

a single win over the 12 seed won't improve the resume

Feb 25, 2018, 10:53 PM

Much. While a loss to the 12 seed would hurt it. More to lose than to gain

Re: a single win over the 12 seed won't improve the resume

Feb 25, 2018, 10:55 PM

^ knows more than just tennis ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 25, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to a single win over the 12 seed won't improve the resume ]

T_I_P , I just bird dogged you around other posts and gave you 4 TU's ... welcome to the +10K club ??

#PulseLivesMatter

DB23

why thank you***

Feb 26, 2018, 12:30 AM

..... get a room....***

Feb 26, 2018, 7:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feb 26, 2018, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: a single win over the 12 seed won't improve the resume ]

is they one of those ghey codes like friend of Dorothy

Feb 26, 2018, 12:22 AM [ in reply to a single win over the 12 seed won't improve the resume ]

that’s a good point, but i doubt we lose to a bottom tier ACC team ( Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Boston College) ,because our record against those teams has been flawless.

I want our team to be as healthy and rested as possible for the NCAA Tournament.

Feb 25, 2018, 11:21 PM

If that means resting some of our main guys more and being a slightly lower seed for the tournament, so be it.

Brownell said in his post game press conference yesterday that we seemed tired. Guys like Reed, DeVoe, and Skara have been playing a lot of minutes lately. We can’t afford to be tired and a step slow heading into March Madness.

In looking back at our NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 25 years, we haven’t performed to expectations in all but one of them. The 96-97 Sweet Sixteen team was great, but we lost in the first round in all of our other appearances under Rick Barnes and all of our appearances under Oliver Purnell. I think fatigue played a significant role in many of those first round losses, given the style of play under those two coaches.

We really have a chance to put together a nice NCAA run this year, and although we won’t have Grantham, we will hopefully have everyone else well-rested and at full strength.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I want our team to be as healthy and rested as possible for the NCAA Tournament.

Feb 26, 2018, 12:18 AM

To be honest i don’t think playing one extra game a week before the tournament will make that big of a difference in terms of rest

From Brad's comments I gathered that Sunday and Monday

Feb 26, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to I want our team to be as healthy and rested as possible for the NCAA Tournament. ]

would be light days as far as physical work so they could get their legs back

Like end of the world bad? No

Feb 26, 2018, 8:35 AM

But we should really hope the fighting Brownlees lock up the 4th seed. The double bye is there for a reason, it provides a big advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 26, 2018, 10:13 AM

Playing and beating one of the worst teams in the ACC would do nothing to pad any kind of resume. It would only have the ability to hurt the resume. Nowhere, in any NCAA Tournament resume, does conference wins matter or appear. Playing a 12/13 seed means playing a team with, most likely, an RPI of 100+. Even if you win that game, your RPI suffers.

Feb 26, 2018, 11:08 AM

Our RPI wouldn’t go down after a win over a bottom tier acc team, especially because it’s on a neutral site. It might not help the resúme a whole lot, but to me 23-9 is better than 22-9

i'd rather have the 5

Feb 26, 2018, 2:32 PM

we don't need to rest...rest is what started the 3 game losing streak. Also last few seasons teams that get hot in their conference tournaments usually do well in the NCAA tournament. We don't need to slip any further than 5 though.

THAT was a really post and point !

Feb 26, 2018, 3:41 PM

Yes ! That would perhaps make our ACC record look even better and like you said, we play NCSt no matter what ... only downside is at 5 we have to play one extra game ... BUT, that's more practice for the NCAA T ! I predict we make it to the ACCT final and beat UVa in dramatic fashion (DeVoe sinks a half court 3 with one second left and we win by 1).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really

Feb 26, 2018, 4:15 PM

Drawing the 4 seed prevents you from having a bad loss that could drop you down a line in the committee's eyes. It also avoids the ND problem here that someone mentioned because drawing a ND team with Colson back is a no-win scenario You won't get credit for a tier 1 win, but they've got the potential to play like a tier 1 team if he's back.

A win as a 5 seed against a lessor opponent is going to do nothing to "pad the resume" It's just a win over a team you are supposed to beat and those don't do anything to move you up a line.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic