Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2017 Predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

2017 Predictions

Jan 16, 2017, 5:35 AM

Kent State (home) - Win (31-7), great defense, unsettled offense, but still win easily
Auburn (home) - Win (28-17), strong defense, better offense, glad we got KSU as a warmup
BC (home) - Win (24-0)
FSU (home) - Win (27-20)
WF (home) - Win (42-7)
GT (home) - Win (45-10)
Louisville (away) - Win (31-21)
NCSU (away) - Win (28-27)
Scuse (away) - Win (51-14)
VT (away) - Loss (27-28)
Citadel (home) - Win (49-0)
USC (away) - Win (38-10)
ACC Atlantic Champs 11-1

ACC Championship Game CU-VT - Win (35-31)
ACC Champions 12-1

#3 seed playoffs
Bama-CU rematch - Loss (31-24). Bama is the number 2 seed behind OSU. We can't pull off a repeat victory against them.
12-2 record 2017

We have a tough ACC away schedule. Don't really like any of them and they will be unsettled type victories, but i think the trip to VT is a game we can't quite pull off. They showed us this year they are tough and most of the team are back. However, i feel good about our defense against FSU at home ... and no Dalvin Cook.

We exact our revenge to VT in winning the ACC again.

Bama exacts its revenge on us in 2017 playoffs.

2017 Takeaways:
1) Clemson shows it is an elite PROGRAM, not a team. Can reload post DW4
2) We slay the FSU beast. While we have been getting over the hump with them, it still feels a bit we aren't quite over the hump with them. This year shows we can win year in and year out
3) Number 1 defence in the land. Coach V takes us back to the top.
4) Cooper is the real deal. Raw at first, but settles in
5) ACC continues to get stronger, SEC weakens further

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have agreed with your VT prediction before

Jan 16, 2017, 7:04 AM

Evans, Ford, and Hodges left. They'll have nothing for us. There will always be a sneaky game, but @ ncstate is sneakier to me than VT. I really don't see a game we can't win on the schedule. Also, I think LSU goes from the SEC to the playoffs. Don't sleep on PSU. The QB and Back are lethal, question is will their D step up otherwise it's just a OSU/Mich battle again for a spot in the playoffs. USC is going to probably be favored to get in the playoffs as well. OKlahoma should be very good too. When we make it into the playoffs next year, I hope it's against a new set of teams. Don't want our players getting bored beating Bama and da Ohio State every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would have agreed with your VT prediction before

Jan 16, 2017, 7:13 AM

Michigan is losing a ton of talent...they were a senior-laden team. Of course, I have zero idea how much PT the younger players received. Still, it's a OSU/PSU battle, in my view.

Once spring ball is completed, we'll have a better sense for how Cooper/Johnson/Brice are emerging, plus how the OLine glues around a new center...and TE contribution.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would have agreed with your VT prediction before

Jan 16, 2017, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Would have agreed with your VT prediction before ]

I did debate on a loss at VT or NCST. I think it largely depends on who we play first as we won't lose a second time to the other one.

I don't think Michigan is a top-10 team this year. Too much of a drain on both lines, so think it is an OSU/PSU title.

My top-10 are

Ohio State
Bama
Clemson
USC (the real one)
Oklahoma
Penn State
FSU
LSU
Washington
Texas

We're not losing to VT or Looserville

Jan 16, 2017, 11:09 AM

Defense wins Championships... and our D will be Salty as all get out next year.

Plus Offense has enough home games to get battle tested.

They will rank us barely in the top 10 in preseason.
Bama, OSU, USC, Ok, Wash, PSU, LSU, and then Clemson... more bulletin board material.

I really only see 5 competitive games and all of which we can Win. There is not a for sure L anywhere on that schedule.

Is it really that heavy on the Hm & Away splits? That seems drastic, but may set up well.

Only thing that stinks is it's 228 days away!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that Oklahoma State or Oregon State

Jan 16, 2017, 8:34 AM

that you have at #1?

Re: Is that Oklahoma State or Oregon State

Jan 16, 2017, 8:39 AM

Ohio State

WAIT... you got them beating the Citadel????

Jan 16, 2017, 8:41 AM

Oh never mind, that's our schedule... I thought you were talking about someone else

I think we win VT, but the LVille game gives me some pause

Jan 16, 2017, 8:51 AM

along with Florida State and Auburn. We can win two of the three and lose an unexpected one somewhere along the way. Thinking 12-2. Schedule sets up well at home early to hopefully make great things happen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we lose to anybody it will be Louisville

Jan 16, 2017, 9:20 AM

They will be out for blood

FSU may be a loss if we don't have our QB figured out by then.

We won't lose to VT

I see 9-3 worst case with 12-0 best case but unlikely. I'd be ok with 10-2

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we lose to anybody it will be Louisville

Jan 16, 2017, 9:55 AM

You are forgetting or perhaps don't know that L'ville lost a ton of players as in 12! We handle them by 2 tads there. Jackson is a one hit wonder

Nope, not forgetting

Jan 16, 2017, 11:27 AM

They have played us close every year despite having the inferior team

They return a Heisman QB

They have us at home

They feel that they "should have beaten us" the last 3 years

They will be out for blood

I say it's a 50/50 toss up

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2017 Predictions

Jan 16, 2017, 10:10 AM

Only two places I see a loss. Either Auburn or FSU.

Auburn: It will be week two and we will most likely still be working out some kinks at the QB position, unless we have the second coming of Deshaun Watson... then we'd hand them a huge L. Having the Kent St game in week one will help us out and give us a glimpse of the season.

FSU: We get them at home, which helps us tremendously. They'll be really good but we'll have to see how they come back with their running game since they'll lose Cook. Francois will be back and he's a heck of a player, and I also believe they return their safety as well. I think this also depends on when we play them. Late October or early November would set up to be a huge game, including if they get by Alabama.

UL: I had some concerns with UL at first because it will most likely set up to be a Thursday or Saturday night game but they lose almost all the play makers except Lamar who we contained pretty well. With a better defensive front this go around, I think we'll do the same, not to mention Lorenzo "Whammy" Ward will be coaching up the DBs....

VT: This was also a concern but they lose the QB, WR, and a RB I believe. Only thing they have going is it may be a Thursday night game in Blacksburg where very few teams walk out with a W. But we've done it before :)

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech

Jan 16, 2017, 10:47 AM

Add Georgia Tech to the list. Yes, playing at Clemson probably means a win, but it should be a tight game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia Tech

Jan 16, 2017, 10:56 AM

I think Veneables has figured out GT the past 3 years and despite and offensive issues we may have, they won't stop us.

I'm happy to put GT into the bucket of a game we don't think twice about anymore.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic