Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would college football work this season if...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Would college football work this season if...

Mar 28, 2020, 8:03 AM

they all played the games with no fans in the stands and just televised the games? Would the games be ruined without the screaming fans?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would college football work this season if...

Mar 28, 2020, 8:34 AM

It would be different... I guess you'd still have the bands and the families. Imo, if it's to the point where we have to have games without fans, then administrators and public outcry would say you're putting coaches, families, support tv crews etc etc at an undue risk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2020, 8:39 AM

Apparently WWE had an event last night with no fans. Watched a couple seconds, it was a little strange. I may be biased, but I think football would be less strange with no fans than what I saw last night. Mostly because with wrestling, the cameras are up close and *spoiler alert* not saying it's fake, but they have to hide/sell/act out certain aspects of their performance. Seems that would be much more difficult without background fans screaming.

Mar 28, 2020, 8:56 AM

Golf would be ok with no fans as would baseball. However, we'll get a much better feeling from places like china and South Korea opening up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as DJ Sha was there it’d be fine.***

Mar 28, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be terrible.

Mar 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

But much better than the alternative.

It would work. Would just feel

Mar 28, 2020, 11:12 AM

Like scrimmage games with no crowd. An alternative thought is what if the NCAA cut the stadium attendance by say half?Social distancing compromise. Sure for us Clemson fans 40k of us would be pouting. But our Tigers would still have 40k fans to support them in the stands.

Mar 28, 2020, 11:36 AM

I liked what that idiot Walt said yesterday on the Roar....if we are still dealing with this almost 6 months from now we have much bigger issues than fans in the stands.

I do think the games could be played though with no fans, we could all be connected and yell over the speakers at the stadium

Id rather shorten the season

Mar 28, 2020, 12:49 PM

Playoffs, bowls before Christmas

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic