Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would THINK the Bell Tolls for Fedora At UNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Would THINK the Bell Tolls for Fedora At UNC

Nov 15, 2018, 9:36 AM

Larry's about to complete his 7th season at UNC. Seems he'll join Petrino in "Golden Parachute Land" since buying him out will cost the Heels around $12-mil. Signed a new 7-year deal after 2015, with help from QB Mitch T. But, Mitch is gone & so is winning.

Fedora was 3&9 last year & beat PITT AGAIN this year for UNC's only win in '18. W.Car this week will give 'em TWO, but then they'll close w/a loss to the Pack. Would have been a 2&10 year, but the UCF game got cancelled, so it'll be 2&9.

On the +side - - UNC's lost 6 by 10 points or less, including by 3 to SYR in OT. On the MINUS side, lost by 22 to (gulp) E.Car. & got torched by Miami by 37 (6 turnovers that handed the Canes 24 points).

Put another way, Fedora's lost 20 of his last 25! Not good - and A.D. Bubba Cunningham has rolled out the old cliche, "We'll evaluate the football program when the season's over (gulp again)."

I'd think Larry's chances of a return in 2019 aren't more than 1-to-5 in 100 - IF that; but you can't cry for Fedora & his $12-mil.

Question is - if UT had to beg 3 or 4 dozen coaches before landing J.P., who's UNC gonna get? Word is - if Larry's out - the Heels plan to ASK Gundy. Good luck w/THAT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently they are leaning toward keeping him

Nov 15, 2018, 9:38 AM

Because the team is "competing"

Re: Apparently they are leaning toward keeping him

Nov 15, 2018, 9:42 AM

Could be, but they're NOT competing in recruiting - like barely in the Top 60.

you would think with them being able to get away with murder

Nov 15, 2018, 9:49 AM

With the NCAA they would at least hire a hardcore cheater who can recruit lights out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you would think with them being able to get away with murder

Nov 15, 2018, 9:59 AM

They tried, it didn't really work. But at least Butch is winning at FIU.

Oh, you mean they are Champions of Life? Like UT

Nov 15, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Apparently they are leaning toward keeping him ]

under Butch Jones? May be a good comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would THINK the Bell Tolls for Fedora At UNC

Nov 15, 2018, 9:41 AM

Gundy is not happening. Maybe a AAC coach, but the holes are not relevant for awhile no matter who they hire.

Go Tigers ??!!

Fedora's buyout is $14 million...

Nov 15, 2018, 9:54 AM

That's a lot to pay for a school that doesn't really care about football.

Further, after all the bribe money UNCheat paid to attorneys, the league office, and the NCAA to bail-out their corrupt program, that slush fund has got to be pretty much depleted.

Fedora's buyout drops to $10.5 million after the 2019 season, $7 million after 2020, and $3.5 million after 2021 which is why most people think he'll get at least another year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Fedora's buyout is $14 million...

Nov 15, 2018, 10:00 AM

Since it's not basketball, I guess the Tar Holes are pretty much OK with 1 or 2 wins a year. Keep Larry & that's just more bucks for a Dean Dome upgrade!

+1

Nov 15, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Fedora's buyout is $14 million... ]

They just don’t care enough about football to pay $14mil to fire a coach when even if they’re winning, their fan base doesn’t care.

At most other programs he would be gone, but I think you’re underestimating the level of apathy they have toward football up there.

They spent their buyout reserves on lawyer fees.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:05 AM

defending their corrupt basketball team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They spent their buyout reserves on lawyer fees.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

we can only hope so

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no one mentioned

Nov 15, 2018, 11:07 AM

Their poor graduation success rate. They are 14th in a league of 15. Only FSU is worse. Their football rate in the worst at 62! Clemson is 100 in basketball and UNC is 64. Only NCSU is worse than the Heels.

I am told by Ram club members that they are trying to raise the 14 million to get rid of Fedora.

I can’t tell you how much this delights me living here in the land of the blessed!

Go Tigers

Re: no one mentioned- so you're saying

Nov 15, 2018, 11:49 AM

no one graduates even though their athletes classes are a complete farce. The Carolina Way I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no one mentioned

Nov 15, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to no one mentioned ]

Recruiting is going to always be an uphill battle there. They will never be Clemson as far as a nearby school offering big time college FB atmosphere to the elite NC recruits. And honestly they'll never be Tennessee or Georgia. State has more of a football school vibe, as does VT, and Duke and Wake (and UVA) are better academically if they're targeting the student-then-athlete. They have no niche at all as a football program.

Hey hey

Nov 15, 2018, 11:23 AM

We (WCU) could win

Fedora has accomplished his goals

Nov 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

Take the heat for the basketball team so no banners come down. Suspend your players and make it look like we have cleaned up things around here. Just beat somebody, anybody, and every now and then toss the NCAA a bone so they will stop following the basketball players around

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 12:13 PM

Okie State is a better program
Gundy went to Okie State
Gundy is not a good fit with the "Carolina Way" blue bloods (mullet, liberal snowflake comments)

No way Gundy ends up there. Ain't happenin'.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:47 PM

I hope he stays there 25 more years.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic