Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Lawrence surpass Watson as the GOAT at Clemson if he wins the natty this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Would Lawrence surpass Watson as the GOAT at Clemson if he wins the natty this year?

Sep 5, 2018, 6:21 PM

Or would Watson still be your greatest of all time? Thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL is great but there's nothing he can do in one season

Sep 5, 2018, 6:27 PM

that would surpass everything DW did in three (two playoff appearances, a national championship, 3-0 vs the coots, heisman finalist, graduate, etc)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Lawrence surpass Watson as the GOAT at Clemson if he wins the natty this year?

Sep 5, 2018, 6:29 PM

Watson left a 2.5 year legacy. no way Lawrence would be able to surpass that, also Deshaun was a 2 time Heisman finalist and Lawrence can only be a finalist once in a year. what if Lawrence wins the natty this year, but we miss a bowl game next year? 1 year is definitely not even close to enough time to surpass a legend.

Re: Would Lawrence surpass Watson as the GOAT at Clemson if he wins the natty this year?

Sep 5, 2018, 6:30 PM

We have some of the dumbest posts on this site sometimes.

My guess is, you can be over 12 yrs old to ask something

Sep 5, 2018, 6:34 PM

that dumb!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~this~LOL***

Sep 5, 2018, 7:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is, you can be over 12 yrs old to ask something

Sep 5, 2018, 9:31 PM [ in reply to My guess is, you can be over 12 yrs old to ask something ]

that dumb!!

Does being rude help you feel better about yourself? Good grief..

Right now, DW4 was/is THE MAN!

Sep 5, 2018, 6:35 PM

Give Mr. Lawrence some time, though! He'll be fine!!

Tell 'em coot

Sep 5, 2018, 6:42 PM

"Or would Watson still be your greatest of all time?"
"your"
90-17

Sep 5, 2018, 6:48 PM

Go back and look Sat that pass at uga to Peake! That should answer your question.

Sep 5, 2018, 6:51 PM

connie shaw not as good as KB. KB led us to championship game.

End of discussion

Sep 5, 2018, 7:59 PM

Nope, not in one year. By college career end, it's possible, but like everyone said, DW4 left too much legacy for one year worth to surpass him. Going to take more than that.

TL is a once in a school's history player.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:18 PM

If he stays healthy he will by far surpass DW's numbers and accomplishments, imo. I don't think I've ever seen a freshman who could flip a ball as far as TL. For the record, I've seen Elway throw like that but I don't remember watching Elway as a college freshman. I'm sure he was the same caliper though I doubt he had that accuracy.

I can't wait until somebody tries to drop into a prevent defense and gives TL 5 seconds to throw really deep. I'd love to know what his range is. I'm guessing that's a team secret. I know he can top the 73 he threw before he came in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 8:39 PM

Please specify which All American with the last name of Lawrence you are referring to.

Sep 5, 2018, 9:19 PM

Well it’s definitely a good conversation piece considering how some people on here already anointed TL the greatest ever for Clemson before he took his first college snap, so I thought I’d throw the subject out there

Sep 5, 2018, 9:29 PM

Matched or beat 90% of KB's stats (minus completion % and the obvious QB rush... Though he did improve the RB's rushing in place of it) for the record. I don't recall anyone but new accounts saying that.

I do recall several of us though saying what happened in the beginning of the Furman game would likely happen (overthrow...underthrow...overthrow...inconsistency still there).... And that Trevor was the real deal and would be better than people were giving him credit for (which, well, compare his RAT, his QBR, his yards per pass vs any other QB that played... Yes Bryant as well). He didn't disappoint for a first game with split reps and did show once he gets full hold of this system and gets the freshman kinks out, yes, he could definitely be a guy that could break several of Deshaun's records. Don't think anyone said it'd all be year one though, except you just now.

Tell us what you think coot

Sep 5, 2018, 9:24 PM

and what difference will it make when someone does surpass DW4?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dexter Lawrence?***

Sep 5, 2018, 9:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 5, 2018, 9:27 PM

Watson is the greatest college QB of all time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a bold statement***

Sep 5, 2018, 9:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic