Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst game you ever attended ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 1

Worst game you ever attended ?

Aug 23, 2016, 12:19 AM

I will have to say Tommy Bs last game vs Wake.
A close second would have to be the beat down by Crab Boy.
At least the FSU game was electric before the game.
Had a blast at the tailgate but the good times went to #### fast when the game started.

Message was edited by: badb®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst game you ever attended ?

Aug 23, 2016, 12:30 AM

GA Tech two years ago when DW4 tore his ACL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 23, 2016, 12:36 AM

I was there also, we were about to kill them.
When Cole threw that pick 6 I told my wife it was over

Aug 23, 2016, 12:43 AM

Told mine the same. And it was fckn cold.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 23, 2016, 12:48 AM

Cold and bright sunshine

Aug 23, 2016, 12:34 AM

The Syracuse game in the Gator Bowl in the late 90's (?). It poured rain and we were beat like a wet dog.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:28 AM

Never was a fan of West. Even less so after that. It was cold where I lived and I went out to take down Christmas lights rather than watch most of the second half. It was more fun that TW football

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

January 1996. That was my freshman year

Aug 25, 2016, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

and I sat in front of the TV hoping it was going to turn out differently even though it was 41 to nothing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

1975 game @ SCAR ... 56-20 loss***

Aug 23, 2016, 12:37 AM

^^^^This^^^^^ AND

Aug 23, 2016, 3:13 PM

same year, having to kick a last second field goal, at home, (and I think it may have even been Homecoming) to barely edge Weak Florist 16-14 in the cold rain.

I knew at that moment worse was on the horizon, and sure enough...

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I had blocked out how bad 1975 was. I WAS THERE.

Aug 23, 2016, 3:23 PM [ in reply to 1975 game @ SCAR ... 56-20 loss*** ]

Looking back, Weak Florist was the ONLY home game we won that year. But, Wikipedia has it wrong. They say Tulane beat us 97-13 the first game. It actually was 17-13. It only seemed like 97. Overall record: 2 and NINE. None of us thought about wearing bags over our heads at the game, but it sure was not fun.

Alabama also trucked us 56-ZIPPO in Bama that year. We have come a long, long way since then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the pre-season expectations, I thought 1975 was the

Aug 23, 2016, 6:13 PM

worst season in Clemson history.

We actually had a pretty talented team and we'd won 7 games the previous year.

That season was a complete and utter disaster from start to finish.

As far as total number of losses, it IS the worst season in

Aug 24, 2016, 7:23 AM

Clemson history. Thank goodness time has dulled the memories somewhat, but I still remember it being baaaaddd.

Aug 23, 2016, 12:38 AM

Opening day 2003. Clemson-UGA.

UGA won 30-0, and Tommy Bowden spent the entire game ignoring his WR's and trying to jam a speed back - Duane Coleman - up the middle.

It was 110 degrees in the stadium. Absolute, utter misery.

I hated Tommy Bowden many times after that; I really hated him that day.

This was my 1st thought also.***

Aug 23, 2016, 1:35 AM

null

30-0 UGA was my first game as a student***

Aug 23, 2016, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

This***

Aug 23, 2016, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

A few too many to mention but the worst win I ever attended

Aug 23, 2016, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

was against Maryland about 10 years ago. The offensive performance by both teams was truly offensive. We won 10-7 thanks to a bad call regarding a botched play at the end zone that benefited us by being called on the one. I'm happy to give Clemson some money so the ticket was ok but I lost 3 hours of my life that day. On the bright side at least I was in the Valley.

Re: A few too many to mention but the worst win I ever attended

Aug 23, 2016, 11:00 AM

This game actually came to my mind as well (I believe it was 2004). Our offense was non-existent, and we should have destroyed them. But 2013 FSU, and the 2011 Orange Bowl would probably be my worst

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the botched play that should have been a safety was in a

Aug 23, 2016, 4:02 PM [ in reply to A few too many to mention but the worst win I ever attended ]

loss

http://www.espn.com/ncf/recap/_/id/263080228

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson threw almost 40 times, DC carried it 12 times.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

It was Tommy's attempt at the I formation in an effort to answer Clemson's short yardage problems - a problem shared by spread offenses.

Overall, it was a frustrating, long and hot game, one that Clemson was still in, on the scoreboard at least, until the 4th quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's definitely my #1. Terrible game and probably the

Aug 23, 2016, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

hottest one I can remember on top of the shutout...

Other terrible ones:

2006 VT
2008 Bama in ATL
2008 Wake Forest
2013 FSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

correct! TDP passed on the night game b/c

Aug 24, 2016, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

All the fans cried the previous year when we had 4 night games in a row. So, they gave us a nooner in August that resulted in a 30-0 beat down.

This is tops on my list as well

Aug 25, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Worst game you ever attended ? ]

Still the only game I've ever walked out early (before the singing of the Alma Mater). I think I left in the 3rd quarter.

Ugh, pure misery.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 12:48 AM

FSU 2013 and Scar 2012

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:10 AM

The Orange Bowl game against WV. Spent an entire week down there prior to the game. Had front row seats. First bowl game with my wife in attendance. That was one cold night in that stadium along with the out come of the game. I was so glad that we flew down because that would have been one long cold ride home from south beach.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:30 AM

Would have to agree with orange bowl against WV. Just embarrassing to watch Boyd implode like that; I mean he was hitting defenders in the numbers. The set up in general was bad that year, train even tried to cover led Zeppelin at halftime.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:15 AM

3 way tie. Citrus Bowl against Cal and Gator Syr. Dealing with the RUDE UGA fans also after Butlers 61 yarder sailed to the left of me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1998 Va Tech at home 0-37....

Aug 23, 2016, 6:10 AM

the start of a 3-7 season, the last for Tommy West. We couldn't even compete with Va Tech at home. The worst feeling I ever had as a Clemson fan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1998 Va Tech at home 0-37....

Aug 23, 2016, 6:22 AM

Yep...was thinking the same here. Brutal. At least the Bowden era brought some hope and a few players.

Re: 1998 Va Tech at home 0-37....my worst meltdown ever***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:16 PM [ in reply to 1998 Va Tech at home 0-37.... ]

Was at that one too, but sit on the hill with some hottie

Aug 25, 2016, 7:46 AM [ in reply to 1998 Va Tech at home 0-37.... ]

female VaTech visitors and talked football the whole time (not just Clemson/VaTech).

I am bad luck for Clemson bowl games, so I stay home now.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:22 AM

In Death Valley:

'13 FSU meltdown

'08 Maryland giving us a slow death (Fridge always out coached TB)

'95 UVA first win for the Cavs in Death Valley I think.

Bowl Game take your pick between:

'96 Gator Bowl against Cuse McNabb to Harrison all day in the rain

'92 Citrus Bowl against Cal

'12 Orange Bowl West Virginia beat down

Message was edited by: TigerDOZ®

Orange bowl against wvu hands down

Aug 23, 2016, 1:23 AM

Was to pissed off to even enjoy miami afterwards.

UGA '03, GT '04, Sakerlina '06, and FSU '13...

Aug 23, 2016, 1:34 AM

The top two are definitely UGA and FSU. Everything about UGA in 2003 was miserable- hot/humid, dawg fans everywhere, and an epic beatdown. The only big downside to FSU was being humiliated after all the hype. We were better than we showed that night.

GT has given us grief over the years. I almost put down 2000 and 2004. In 2000 under Reggie Herring, we couldn't stop anything. But 2004 was worse. We had the game until a bad snap set them up deep in our end. GT had a big freshman WR(Goes by Megatron now) who made our corners- Justin Miller and Tye Hill- look small and average.

Then there's Carolina. Hate losing to them. '06 stands out, although 2012 hurt just as bad.

Re: UGA '03, GT '04, Sakerlina '06, and FSU '13...

Aug 23, 2016, 12:34 PM

Was the GT game where Watkins caught about 15 passes for GT and the final TD pass? IF so, Watkins would run about 10 yards downfield, knock our cornerback about five yards down the field and would turn for the pass.....perfect timing. I could never understand why that wasn't pass interference.

There was also the GT night game, don't remember the year where, where Reggie Ball was their QB and we had the game all but won and lost on a bad snap to the punter that cost us the game. So bad, I don'ty want to remember all the details.

2013 FSU

Aug 23, 2016, 1:48 AM

I stayed until the clock hit triple zeros. That one was brutal.

Auburn with Cam Newton...heart breaker

Aug 23, 2016, 1:55 AM

at the end...

57-0***

Aug 23, 2016, 2:18 AM

Re: 57-0***

Aug 23, 2016, 7:34 AM

Orange Toilet Bowl against WV

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 6:29 AM

FSU 2013 and its not even close, on my 47th birthday, great seats, awesome time before kickoff, then the game started.

My first Clemson game. We lost to UVA 20-7. 1990 at UVA*****

Aug 23, 2016, 6:36 AM

Not even close for me. UGA 2003

Aug 23, 2016, 6:39 AM

Hot as heck, our center puked on the ball and it went downhill from there

Duke 2005***

Aug 23, 2016, 6:43 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 23, 2016, 6:45 AM

Ugh, home game against TCU in the monsoon in about 2008 or 2009. Andy Dalton, who as best as I can tell has probably run for a total of about 12 yards in the NFL since being drafted, ran on us like he was Randall Cunningham that day.

Aug 23, 2016, 6:54 AM

UGA's 30-0 thrashing of us at home is the first one that comes to mind. Arguably the hottest game I've ever been to, especially when the stadium emptied out and the vast expanses of exposed aluminum seats started reflecting heat back into the air. I remember being the only person left for 15 rows in any direction, and I was practically in the student section.

Virginia Tech's 37-0 blowout/shutout of us at home in 1998. First game I ever left early, I was so disgusted.

SCar's 33-7 win in 1994. My last game as a student. I was inconsolable after that game.

UGA's win in Athens in 1991...we were supposed to win that game, but a freshman named Eric Zeier came in and dismantled us. The 40-14 win a few years later (also in Athens) was also pretty bad, but we stunk that year so we were kind of expecting it.

Citrus Bowl 1991, again we were supposed to win, Cal killed us.

Tangerine Bowl 2002 was pretty miserable.

Losing to Wake Forest in 1993, because my mom went through a lot of trouble to be at that game and it rained and we lost to a pathetic Wake team--only game she's ever been to, before or since.

13-12 Loss to Maryland in 2006 - quite possibly the most frustrating game I've ever been to.

FSU 1993, 57-0, anytime we came anywhere near midfield, Bobby Bowden would put his starters back in. I lost pretty much all my respect for him during that game. I did get within 50 feet of Emmitt Smith, which was pretty darn cool, but that was the only good thing to happen that day.

2010 and 2012 home losses to SCar...very frustrating games, plus I was surrounded by SCar fans which makes my blood boil. I don't even like attending that game anymore because of my seat's proximity to the visitor's sections, plus some of the season ticket holders around me have no scruples selling to SCar fans and it p!sses me the #### off.

i don't remember the exact year, but Ga Tech

Aug 23, 2016, 6:59 AM

In Death Valley when we managed to give up a decent lead with something crazy like less than a minute left in the clock. I can't remember the details b/c I've tried to forget, but I do remember a botched snap that was run back by them for a TD.

2002 Thurs Night game vs NC State 38-6

Aug 23, 2016, 7:13 AM

Ole Reggie Herring - Thursday traffic was HORRIBLE getting into the game - Philip Rivers was unstoppable... and he let everyone know it.

Aug 23, 2016, 7:37 AM

why bring up negativity in the era we are in now.

A lot of bad memories already mentioned, but heres a couple more

Aug 23, 2016, 8:16 AM

1996 at UNC, lose 45-0 to open season after ending the previous season losing to Cuse in the Gator Bowl 41-0.

2001 vs UNC, lose to Julius Peppers & company 38-3 on homecoming.

2004 at Duke, Tommy preached all week for Clemson fans to show up in mass only to lose 16-13 on a 53 yd FG to a bad Duke team whose only other win that year was against the Citadel.

Aug 23, 2016, 7:58 AM

Duke in 1980. My first ever Clemson game and was so disappointed they lost. Several South Carolina games of late were heart breaking but as a twelve year old in 1980, it felt like the world ended.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 7:59 AM

most of mine were previously mentioned. I had been to many games before as we grew up with season tix, but my first game as a student was also the 2003 UGA 30-0 game, sitting on the hill, facing the sun. miserable.

Also attended the Wake game in 08. Just a boring day, tailgate, game, a little rainy, felt like watching two crummy high school teams trying not to win a game.

For personal reasons the loss at UNC in 2010. I was a student at UNC in the SOM, and we had literally lost every single series to those guys while I was there...3 basketball games, every soccer game, all baseball series. That was the only time in my 4 years we played in football and I felt it was finally my time for some retribution...nope.

Luckily a wedding took me away from the FSU beatdown, though I was mad at the time, my wife is an FSU grad. Also Missed the GT game in 14 when DW4 tore his ACL because I was at a conference in vegas. that tempered the loss a bit :)

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Aug 23, 2016, 8:05 AM

#3- wake 1993 at home. Lost in the rain to bad Wake team. Maybe 30k angry fans in the stands.

#2- uga 2003 at home. blazing hot and probably the worst coached game I have ever watched .

#1- gator bowl against Syracuse 1996. Worst hangover of my life and got to watch Clemson get totally demolished in the rain.

In order...96 Gator Bowl, 03 UGA, 88 FSU (Puntroskie)***

Aug 23, 2016, 8:17 AM

Aug 23, 2016, 8:17 AM

I was at the Duke game in like 04 :(

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

UGA 2003 just a hot miserable day***

Aug 23, 2016, 9:11 AM

Aug 23, 2016, 9:15 AM

Hard to name a worst, but here are some bad ones in no particular order:

UNC 2001
NCST 2002
UGA 2003
NCST 2011
Duke 2004
Some WF game in the late 90's, West as coach, rain, lost
Ga Tech 2004

Aug 23, 2016, 9:26 AM

Worst home loss, Ga. Tech, 2004 (need I say more?)
This was a down pour and just plain disappointing to lose.

Worst away loss, USuck, 1987, the "Rodney" game! 20-7 Tiger loss.
Cold in the upper deck! Date was miserable and the score was frustrating!

I remember the TCU loss in 2009 as well due to the rainstorm.

Go Tigers!

Aug 23, 2016, 9:27 AM

Three games come to mind for me...USC when Merriweather?sp was taken out by Bowden. Our bowl game in Nashville with Kentucky, and in Orlando with TA@M? Another one comes to mind, when we were down to GT in Atlanta by six with about two minutes to go, inside the ten on 4th down Bowden decides to kick a field goal to lose by 3 instead of 6. We never got the ball back.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:34 AM

TCU in 09' when Andy Dalton and crew came up to tiger town and beat us. I remember walking out the stadium and overheard some guy saying Dabo will never be sh*t... Wonder if he still thinks that.

My other one will have to be FSU 13'. That game was a total let down, and I left in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Wake Forest, TB last game. When we literally couldn't get 12 inches for a first down. That right there was just a heartbreaker, seriously.

ditto FSU

Aug 23, 2016, 9:49 AM

cuz I was at that game...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

99 Marshall was embarrassing but 13 FSU

Aug 23, 2016, 9:59 AM

Takes the cake

Marshall went 13-0 that year and had Chad Pennington

Aug 23, 2016, 11:49 AM

at QB. They were flat out better than us that season.

They were not better than us...

Aug 23, 2016, 11:54 AM

We just had no kicker.

Marshall was better that particular night anyway ...

Aug 23, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Marshall went 13-0 that year and had Chad Pennington ]

In retrospect, though, we won 6 games that year. We were okay, but overall, that 1999 team was not that great. It was just such an improvement from the previous year's 3-8 debacle that it seemed better than it actually was.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:25 AM

SC in 2010. My last semester as a student, and a 6-5 record coming in. Parker had shut it down after the Auburn game, and a pretty good defense was just constantly hung out to dry by an offense that couldn't move the ball. But somehow we got a primetime game against the SEC East champs and a chance to at least make fun of them for a year. And Clemson just came out and did literally nothing. 250 yards and 3 turnovers in below freezing weather with a less than full stadium.

2012 Orange Bowl

Aug 23, 2016, 10:30 AM

ugh

Aug 23, 2016, 10:31 AM

Definitely FSU at home 2013.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:37 AM

September 23rd, 1995, Virginia at Death Valley. It was raining, my wife was 3 months pregnant and ran to the bathroom every ten minutes, got there late, couldn't find the parking pass and ended up parked in East Jesus, Clemson team was flat, the crowd was not into it, game was boring and we lost 22-3.

At ncstate- 2011

Aug 23, 2016, 10:38 AM

Close 2nd rivalry loses in 2012 & 2013

'77 Gator Bowl... Pitt 34-Clemson 3

Aug 23, 2016, 10:42 AM

Coming on the heels of very close loss to eventual #1 Montana/ND and the late heroic win w/Fuller-to-Butler @SC, I was expecting more. It was, however, the first bowl game for Clemson in 18 years. We went back the next year with Ford and 'retired' Woody Hayes. It was the start of the modern era of Clemson Football...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '77 Gator Bowl... Pitt 34-Clemson 3

Aug 23, 2016, 4:09 PM

that one was bad. went a little nuts and damaged a wall - needless to say, mom was not thrilled.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Only "attended" a half, but 49 points was enough

Aug 23, 2016, 10:57 AM

for me to endure during the Orange Bowl of 2012. Train playing the halftime show didn't give me a reason to stay either.

Aug 23, 2016, 11:40 AM

OB loss to WVa. WVa fans were obnoxious BEFORE the game. Close second, Citrus Bowl loss to Cal. At a Tiger Pep Rally the day before the game one of our players led a cheer "Cal ain't $hit!" Guess he was wrong. It was disgraceful and embarrassing to hear a Clemson player behave like that. Won't happen under CDS.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 11:42 AM

Wake Forest in Tommy West's last season. Got killed. Moved from West end zone to the 50 at halftime and nobody bothered to come back into the stadium for the second half.

The two worst that i can remember are 2004 GT and

Aug 23, 2016, 11:47 AM

2002 NCST. They suck for very different reasons, but both were excruciating. 2003 UGA was bad too, particularly if you factor in the 95 degrees or whatever it was that day for the noon KO.

Aug 23, 2016, 12:39 PM

1985 vs Maryland - MD scored a TD on a play where the play clock had been expired for a good 4-5 seconds and the receiver never had control of the catch.

2004 vs Georgia Tech - 2003 closed with the crushing of FSA, Duke, SC and Tennessee, so there were high hopes for 2004. After going into OT vs Wake the week before, Tigers had GT down 24-17 with 3 min left...GT won 28-24

Either FSU '13 or Syracuse '96.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:14 PM

Honorable mention to the Miss State Peach Bowl. #### the ####### cow bells.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quick list without much thinking:

Aug 23, 2016, 1:22 PM

In no particular order - other than how they came to mind:

1. Wake game at Wake - rainy and cold for this FL boy and we looked like CRAP until Gaines Adams took that game back by himself. We won. Walked outta there wondering how ....

2. WVa - Orange Bowl

3. Semiholes at our house - no Tigers left in the stadium - asked my buddy down here if one of them remembered to turn off the lights & lock the place up - and when could I get the keys back ?

4. vs Syracuse in a bowl - they had no business being that low & we had no business being that high

5. Cali in a bowl game. We were terrible.

6. vs the leghumpers - played on the face of the sun - 0 to 30 final. Stayed the whole time.

7. 3 to 56 or something in tallawhacky - those jacklegs started being nice and sympathetic - I wanted to kill a gaggle of them

8. Puntrooskie

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

CU vs NC State on a Thurs Night at Home.

Aug 23, 2016, 1:24 PM

Could not stop TA McClendon all night. It was raining and maybe 55,000 attending if we were lucky. This was probably in the early 2000's. Terrible effort on our part and terrible weather. The only thing worse was the beat down from Syracuse we got at the Gator Bowl during the Tommy West adventure.

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Regular season: 03 at Wake. Bowl: 79 Peach to Baylor

Aug 23, 2016, 1:48 PM

Most folks who went to that Wake loss still have nightmares ... when you have Wake fans consoling you in the THIRD QUARTER, you get an idea how bad it was.

The Peach Bowl loss to Baylor was a miserable letdown after the Gator Bowl the year before ... plus is was bitterly cold in the old Fulton County Stadium. Howling wind, spitting sleet. Thankfully much of that afternoon was washed away in that night's New Year's Eve in Underground Atlanta ... back when you could actually go there without fearing for your life.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this one in Winston Salem

Aug 23, 2016, 2:03 PM

I stayed until we kicked a field goal from the 4 yard line to cut the powerhouse Deacon lead to 42

Bowden kicked a field goal down by 45

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet, '03 was the year of 63-17, and also beat FSU

Aug 23, 2016, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Regular season: 03 at Wake. Bowl: 79 Peach to Baylor ]

26-10. Same year as the 30-0 Jawja debacle. What a roller coaster of a year.

Remember that one well, sleet & wind the entire game!

Aug 23, 2016, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Regular season: 03 at Wake. Bowl: 79 Peach to Baylor ]

And Baylor wacked us pretty good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2004 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech

Aug 23, 2016, 2:03 PM

We're up 24-21 in the 4th quarter and punting with less than 30 seconds left. Snap skids on the ground past the punter and is recovered by Georgia Tech. Reggie Ball hits Calvin Johnson for the game winning TD with 11 seconds left. :(

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2004 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech

Aug 23, 2016, 2:05 PM

We were up 24-14 with about 3 min left, I believe?

Aug 23, 2016, 3:39 PM

Maryland believe it was in 2006. Lost 12-13 wanted to pull my hair out.

2004 Georgia Tech game and 2006 SCar game***

Aug 23, 2016, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

1984 Clemson vs UGA

Aug 23, 2016, 4:04 PM

the kick - close 2nd, 03 wake in ws

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Ditto: Re: 1984 Clemson vs UGA

Aug 23, 2016, 8:28 PM

was a tough one to swallow in Athens that day

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson vs South Florida, Belk Bowl.***

Aug 23, 2016, 4:10 PM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Aug 23, 2016, 4:10 PM

Maryland @ Clemson 2002
We got pounded.. only had like 200 yards of offense.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2002-11-16-clemson.html

Aug 23, 2016, 6:48 PM

Tie: Orange Bowl WVA and Gator Bowl SYR

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 6:54 PM

FSU in Tally 2000
FSU at home 2013
NCSU 2002
UNC 2001
UGA 2003

All candidates.....but the gold medal goes to....

Alabama 2008. I actually drank the preseason Kool Aid. Being from Alabama made it exponentially worse.

How bad is it when the WVU Orange Bowl didn't make the cut?

Message was edited by: ClemsonBama®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 8:44 PM

The 2013 FSU game...

I remember the only exciting moment of that game was the most exciting 25 seconds of college football and that was it.

Its a tie

Aug 23, 2016, 8:57 PM

between the FSU debacle after all the ESPN hype and the Orange Bowl against WVA. The 30-0 Georgia game was awful, but my son was in Tiger Band and I could at least cheer for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@UNC 1996, Home FSU 2013

Aug 23, 2016, 9:01 PM

Both terrible performances by our team.

@Duke 2004 also pretty bad

Aug 23, 2016, 9:04 PM

But I had a great time with friends and shooting hoops at Cameron Indoor that numbs the long FG pain to lose the game.

Re: @Duke 2004 also pretty bad

Aug 23, 2016, 9:16 PM

I don't want to talk about them. . .

but probably any time expectations were high and then we blew out a tire.

Recents are the 2012 game w/ the cacks, the Orange Bowl with WVU, the FSU game (ugh). . .

At Duke the week after we beat Miami

Aug 23, 2016, 9:23 PM

That was the worst offensive gameplan I have ever seen.

A close second was UGA the year it was brutally hot in the Valley, though the hangover is what made it really bad.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:43 PM

WVa
January of 2012 .

DB23

'93 @ FSU, '12 OB, or '08 vs Bama in Ga Dome. Take

Aug 23, 2016, 9:57 PM

your pick. All still painful!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 9:59 PM

The first one of the dabo era....

A loss to the nerds.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy: The Gator bowl skunk by McNab and Syracuse***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:39 PM

Aug 25, 2016, 1:10 AM

2013 FSU
2009 TCU
2003 Georgia

I can't imagine anything topping that '13 FSU game for me. It was miserable to watch. I left in the 3rd quarter and sat in traffic for three hours (and I lived just off campus...).

I was too young to get really upset about Georgia in '03 but my dad was pissed off.

TCU nearly gave me pneumonia.

FSU 2013***

Aug 25, 2016, 1:22 AM

FSU in 2000. We were both top 10 and they won 54-7.

Aug 25, 2016, 1:50 AM

Next would be the 30-0 loss to Georgia in 2003.

Yes, that's right, the two most miserable Clemson games I've experienced were Tommy Bowden teams. I am so glad he is no longer our coach.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 25, 2016, 6:27 AM

Homecoming 1973, Don McCauley of UNC running all over us in the rain.

Tiger Band 70-74

Wasn't in attendance, except via TV, but for that, one of

Aug 25, 2016, 7:28 AM

the worst had to be the 1996 Gator Bowl. 41-0 loss to Syracuse, Donovan McNabb had us looking like we were running in slow motion all night. Total ineptitude on our part.

Tommy B's last game vs Wake and the 30-3 UNC beat down

Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 AM

are probably my least favorite games while sitting in the stands. Wasn't there for the FSU game a few years back, thank god.

At VA Tech Thursday night after GT

Aug 25, 2016, 9:06 AM

Came in looking legit, fast start with James Davis scoring on first drive, then WHAMMO!

Close second would be SCar '06. CJ and Jacoby ran away from them as we built a good lead early, then they wore us down with clock eating drives.

WL

Aug 25, 2016, 10:24 AM

Without question, 2000 vs Florida State...99-yard touchdown pass, anyone? Ugh

Replies: 111
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic