Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No. 2 Clemson survives The Battle on the Plains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: No. 2 Clemson survives The Battle on the Plains

Sep 4, 2016, 12:42 AM

No. 2 Clemson survives The Battle on the Plains

College football’s opening weekend has seen a rash of upsets and improbable finishes, but No. 2 Clemson survived a defensive battle on the Plains in defeating Auburn 19-13 at Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Brent Venables......nm***

Sep 4, 2016, 12:54 AM

Re: Thank you Brent Venables......nm***

Sep 4, 2016, 12:58 AM

:) :) :)

Re: New Story: No. 2 Clemson survives The Battle on the Plains

Sep 4, 2016, 1:00 AM

A road opener at any SEC school is a dangerous proposition so I'll gladly take the win. But game management was seriously lacking.

Oh, and....

DEX IS A MONSTER!!

Sep 4, 2016, 1:05 AM

Wow! Way too close. Auburn had no business being in a position to win. So glad that our clock management and missed extra point didn't cost us the game. I love you Wayne-Train, but please stay in bounds next time.

Sep 4, 2016, 1:09 AM

One question, how bad would Boom coach beat Auburn? I'm thinking that they are talking about that right now FGF!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 1:14 AM

One answer: Who the F cares what they say coach Boom would do!! We won...that is a fact!!

Sep 4, 2016, 1:20 AM

Could not letting DW4 have but a light number of snaps in our practice scrimmages have anything to do with being out of sync with finding and getting the ball to open receivers. Bc he hasn't had that many snaps at full speed game situations since the NCG. BC he did seem rusty in his passing and running!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 1:48 AM

DW4 did look out of synch. Poor OL play appears to have as much to do with DW4 inability to move the team consistently. The DL had their way too often. There is a LOT to be learned from this game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year

Sep 4, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No. 2 Clemson survives The Battle on the Plains ]

it took 4 or 5 games last year to get into his groove.

But yea, he missed several open targets.

Sep 4, 2016, 2:05 AM

One positive is that this was by far the worst this offense has looked in a while and you could tell they were just a little off in some spots on plays that would have been big gains. MW even dropped 3 TDs throughout the game so the score should have been much different. But they say the most improvement is between week 1 and week 2.

Good defenses tend to do that....

Sep 4, 2016, 2:10 AM

....the Auburn D is quite stout. They will keep them in just about any game this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worsr coaching blunder I've ever seen.

Sep 4, 2016, 4:23 AM

You kick the freaking fg to go up 9. ### was Dabo thinking?! That was about the dumbest move I've ever seen I. College football. Prevent defense is the next! As Lombardi said: Prevent defense only prevents you from winning. Dabo HAS to learn to finish opponents off. It's not just tonight. Louisville the last couple years, BC, and NDame. It's like he thinks it's in the bag & takes his foot off the gas. He has to learn to stop that!!! Keep that hammer down before it bites us in the ####!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worsr coaching blunder I've ever seen.

Sep 4, 2016, 8:14 AM

Your comments are spot on.

Re: Worsr coaching blunder I've ever seen.

Sep 4, 2016, 8:22 AM

Agree_________________100%

At 5 seconds left, I understand not kicking the FG

Sep 4, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Worsr coaching blunder I've ever seen. ]

But when Gallman ran out of bounds, the situation changed. It's almost like he had made his mind up he wasn't kicking as soon as we got across the 50. He didn't adapt. That's a coaching blunder that almost cost us. He's learned from others, let's see if he learns from this.

My thoughts on the Game

Sep 4, 2016, 9:24 AM

This post has nothing, nothing to do with being happy with, "the win". It's thoughts on the
game in general. So don't turn it there!

1st, "I" thought our offense looked terrible. For an offense that had that many weapons. And
supposively one of the best O-line's we've ever had. We played with litterally no passion
and motivation. Is Auburn's defense THAT good? We'll see. I knew the game would be close, but
I think it was alot closer than anyone expected.

Next, did our defense play good? Or was Auburn's offense that bad--Maybe a combination.

Welcome back MIKE WILLIAMS, you were missed. Looking forward to you having a GREAT season.

Kick-offs? No Hugel, you apparently aren't the answer after all--Open practice!!

Thought coaching was a little suspect too, but... we won, right.
Anyways, win and move on.....and we did! But we need to improve alot in game 2.

Sep 4, 2016, 11:39 AM

I saw what I expected to see for the first game of the season. The Defense was very good and the offense was inconsistent. Typical for most teams. What I thought was the worst decision was the prevent defense in the last Auburn drive.
I hate prevent defense except in rare cases. I have seen too many games lost by comebacks in the last two minutes of a game.
An interference call was just as likely an outcome as the batted ball and would have made an additional opportunity for Auburn possible.
Clemson's defense had a very good game and will be the difference if the Tigers win the ACC title.
Louisville and FSU will not be as forgiving of some of the mistakes on offense and FSU has a much better offense and defense than Auburn.
I know Clemson will improve week to week, but so will their competition. It will be interesting to see how the passing game develops.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic