Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
dont look now, but this bball team may have the "it" factor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,597

dont look now, but this bball team may have the "it" factor

Nov 30, 2017, 10:19 AM

I've watched every game either on tv, online, or in person and this team has a sense of togetherness and teamwork like no team i've seen since Coach B has been here.

Last year, we had 3 first year transfers from 3 different schools playing major minutes, along with Jaron Blossomgame getting the majority of touches and attention which i think led to a lot of issues and dissension on the team.

This year, there seems to be no individuals trying to run the team but we are playing with great intensity, team work, and togetherness. It was pretty cool to see the twitter video of Brownell going in and dancing with the boys last night after the game. That is something we would not have seen in the previous seasons.

Now, when we hit ACC play, we'll hafta lock down on defense and play well to have success in a deep league, but if we keep it up, i see no reason why we cant win 20 games.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They definitley look different.***

Nov 30, 2017, 10:31 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dont look now, but this bball team may have the "it" factor

Nov 30, 2017, 11:02 AM

If Elijah Thomas can keep playing like that and we have a legit big man in the post finally, it'll carry us a long way with all the shooters we have around him. We still have that live and die by the 3 mentality, but having a scorer in the post helps a lot. Defensively they are playing well too, but if we shoot 50% or better from the field we're a tough out for anyone. The guard play is big time with Mitchel and Reed, love the back court production.

Skara will make a big difference when he gets eligible also

Nov 30, 2017, 11:07 AM

also, Donnall needs to give them 10-12 minutes, 5 points, 5 rebounds each game. Aamir Sims will develop into a big time player before its all said and done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Not Now...When? Hadn't felt this way since Barnes

Nov 30, 2017, 11:12 AM

Go Tigers!

CRUSH DA CANES

one big difference now is we are having good guard play

Nov 30, 2017, 1:06 PM

we have more guys capable and wanting to slash and drive the lane either getting to rim or causing the defense to collapse and kicking out or to a slasher coming from back side to fill the void.

Worrisome that we have to shoot "lights out" to win ...

Nov 30, 2017, 1:48 PM

We've won some huge games over the years when one or two of our guys has been "unconscious" shooting the ball.

It's just that we don't have any sort of consistency with that sort of shooting and the next game, we hit about 30% from the field and lose to a nobody.

I'd love to see more games like last night where we establish a strong inside scoring presence and then proceed to hit our outside shots on a routine basis.

Also, historically, the level of FT shooting we're experincing right now has not held up all season, so thre's that to look out for as well.

Hate to take the glass half-empty point of view, but I need to see a lot more like last night (second half) to get really excited.

Re: Worrisome that we have to shoot "lights out" to win ...

Nov 30, 2017, 9:17 PM

Mitchell, Reed, and Grantham have proven they are all 80 percent (or higher) free throw shooters. They, along with an improved Elijah at the line, will take the majority of the free throws.

That will be a strength of this team.

they dance better than the football team

Nov 30, 2017, 3:12 PM

:)

love seeing BB this fired up!

https://twitter.com/ClemsonMBB/status/936064575623127040/video/1

Lots of upperclassmen that have experience and play well

Nov 30, 2017, 3:20 PM

together. Hope they can keep hard charging and get 20 wins and back in the tournament....Also, I have been impressed with the frosh, Sims.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'connected'

Nov 30, 2017, 3:41 PM

was the word the color commentator last night used. i thought that was a great descripton for the team

OSU has some talented kids, but the Tigers were a much better team in the second half

Nov 30, 2017, 9:18 PM

Connected is a great way to say it.

I think people don’t realize how much the summer trip helps with that.

Nov 30, 2017, 9:24 PM

I feel like I’m having deja vu... it seems every year this team gets an early marquee win and everyone gets excited, just to end up barely squeezing into the NIT and losing first round...

Nov 30, 2017, 10:48 PM

This is our best start in 4 years.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,597
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic