Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woooooooooooooooooooo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,864

Woooooooooooooooooooo.

Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 PM

Just rewatched the natty game for the millionth time and just got pumped again. The Ben boulware speech pumped me up. I'm ready to run through a wall right now. The Dabo post game interview about made me tear-up again. I was born in 83 and always wondered what it would feel like to experience a national championship, and it's been everything I thought it'd be and more. Just thought I'd share this awesome feeling again cause it never gets old. So whatever your doing, just stop and let out a loud "wooooooooooo" for winning a national championship. Ok I'm done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woooooooooooooooooooo.

Mar 25, 2017, 8:25 PM

Yep, I definitely get it. For an old geezer's perspective, I was a sophomore at Clemson in '81 and my parents gave me Orange Bowl tix for Christmas. We all went down, along with a favorite uncle and aunt, and it was unforgettable. I've always treasured that memory, especially now that the aunt and uncle are gone. I took my son, who is a high school sophomore this year, to Glendale last year and he made me promise the next time Clemson made it, we'd go back. So there we were in Tampa this year with one of his high school buddies who is a die-hard Clemson fan up here in Maryland. No doubt about it: this was the most special moment in all my years following Clemson. . .and there have been A LOT of big moments. I've re-watched the winning drive dozens of times, and it just doesn't get old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2017, 8:29 PM

This second one is special in its own right...but the first one was so magically unexpected. As the season wore on, it was really hard to convince yourself that winning was possible. After the 10-8 slugfest at UNC, it began to look real. It was a #2 Tigers against #8 Tar Heels and was a brutally hard-hitting game.

When the Tigers took the second half kick against Nebraska and began marching down the field, I told my grandmother, "The Tigers are really going to win this. This is the same thing they've done all year'. (I had promised I'd visit her then as my grandfather had died Thanksgiving weekend) I spent as much time watching the Tigers from Mobile as I did from Clemson that year. LOL! Fit the Tulane game in during the year, too. Great...great memories.

This year stands on its own, doubly special because they returned after falling oh so close the previous year. Those two games with Bama will always be incredibly special, probably to both fan bases! (I was raised a Bama fan...but converted! ;) )

History concluded...but thanks for the chance to reminisce.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2017, 8:31 PM

I'm older. I was 14 when Clemson won the first championship. At that time I knew it was a big deal, but didn't know how big of a deal. It wasn't until the late 90s or so that it occurred to me that that COULD be the only one they would win in my lifetime. That may seem dramatic, but they had won 1 in the 80 year history of polls before this year. They don't come easy.

Now I think we will have more chances. But I'll never take them for granted again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,864
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic