Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wondering About This Amari Rodgers TD Yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Wondering About This Amari Rodgers TD Yesterday

Sep 20, 2020, 8:55 PM

I was nervous that Amari was so close to the goal post. Is it possible that he has worked on route running so much that he was aware of his exact position? Notice the defender runs into the post. Thoughts?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: Wondering About This Amari Rodgers TD Yesterday

Sep 20, 2020, 9:17 PM

I felt he knew where he was. Thought about Mike Williams when the play happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 9:39 PM

Exactly. Similar circumstances. Early in the season against an FCS opponent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 20, 2020, 9:29 PM

I thought about this too. Also if you remember he had a drop for a TD last week in the very same spot because he last second checked for the goal post and took his eye off the ball. The middle back of the EZ can be dangerous as we have witnessed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 9:32 PM

I’d like to forget that play, that day, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2020, 8:02 AM

For a player that plays in DV a lot, can put that post in play as a blocker, and I think that is exactly what Amari done yesterday, and if he didn't do it on purpose, it surely appeared that he did, and I believe that he did bc it can be a successful obstacle for our players that is always aware of it being there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Wondering About This Amari Rodgers TD Yesterday ]

Yes, the fact that this has happened two consecutive weeks is the reason for my curiosity.

Exactly. I think the difference was this week was at home

Sep 21, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Wondering About This Amari Rodgers TD Yesterday ]

and he was less confident about where the Wake goal post was (and it is a different configuration that DV's)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 20, 2020, 9:50 PM

I have updated the original post to show a different angle (from behind Amari).

Sep 20, 2020, 9:59 PM

The padding around the goalpost looks about twice as thick as when Mike Williams was hurt, but I still had some anxiety when I saw Amari that close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 10:00 PM

Go back and watch the Wake Forest game, there was a pass in the 1st quarter that Amari pulled off of because he was near the goal post. Reminded me of this play when it happened Saturday

Sep 21, 2020, 8:41 AM

Trevor's pass to Amari vs. Wake Forrest was too late in the route which caused Amari's drop.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:32 AM

Well I thought when I saw the defender rolling to the center post, that Amari intentionally put the post in play of the defender!!!

Good question. I imagine that the play works for a number

Sep 21, 2020, 7:56 AM

of yardage distance above a certain minimum, so it might not head exactly towards the post on other distances from the goal line. I wonder if the post is a point of teaching since the Mike Williams incident? Amari seems to be looking at the post after the catch and have a plan on how to avoid it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic