Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: In the Nick of time: Schuessler delivers after Watson's injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: In the Nick of time: Schuessler delivers after Watson's injury

Nov 5, 2016, 10:01 PM

In the Nick of time: Schuessler delivers after Watson's injury

Offensive coordinator Tony Elliott smiled when he was asked after Saturday’s win over Syracuse if the coaching staff could appeal to the NCAA for an extra year of eligibility for senior quarterback Nick Schuessler.Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: In the Nick of time: Schuessler delivers after Watson's injury

Nov 5, 2016, 10:54 PM

Well Nick, I will be one of the first to say that I thought that we would be in deep doodoo if something happen to DW4. But now I will say that I was very surprised at how you performed today, and it was easy to see that you have prepared yourself well for when it came your time, I am personally proud of the job that you have prepared yourself to do, congratulations Nick on a job well done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah. great job!***

Nov 5, 2016, 10:57 PM

Nov 6, 2016, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: In the Nick of time: Schuessler delivers after Watson's injury ]

I agree. I was one of those "holding my breath"! But, Nick came in and there was little drop off. He ran the system like you would expect a veteran to do. I also tried to trust the coaches. I was wondering why Bryant hadn't passed Nick on the depth chart. Nick came in, and proved why! I had worried it was a lack of talent on Bryant's part, but it was because of the talent &a knowledge of Nick! This kid can spin it! He is also a sneaky little runner! Great to see! I was afraid Deshaun had tore rotator cuff. Bullet dodged, we think! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2016, 11:28 PM

I'm not at all surprised at his performance today . I could see last season that he was capable of taking this team to victory against anyone .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder why he's going to Greenville for classes***

Nov 6, 2016, 12:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder why he's going to Greenville for classes***

Nov 6, 2016, 12:41 AM

That is curious .

Nov 6, 2016, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Wonder why he's going to Greenville for classes*** ]

Because he is a graduate student and probably taking his grad classes there.

Nov 6, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Wonder why he's going to Greenville for classes*** ]

He is getting his MBA. Clemson's MBA school is in downtown Greenville. And, Clemson is actually considering moving their entire undergrad mechanical engineering program to the ICAR center in Greenville. Hope they don't, but the facilities there are killer.

Nov 6, 2016, 1:18 AM

Nick did a fine job, very accurate and poised. Seems humble but confident behind Watson learning from Him. He showed it today. And yes, the best part of it is- Clemson didn't have to change any of their play calling, that is depth and a testament of Nick's preparation for every game. Take a lot of pressure of the OC's and Dabo when you've got a confident guy to go in that is prepared at a moment's notice. Noted.

My thoughts on the game

Nov 6, 2016, 9:14 AM

1st off, ya gotta start with Nick Schussler! Absolutely his best performance since he's
been here. I would give him the MVP of the game, and what I like was. There was no drop
off after Watson went out, hats off to Nick.
But it has to leave you wondering about the future of Kelly Bryant and the staff's trust
in him moving forward.....Does next year's Qb job come down to Cooper and Johnson?

Next, the strengh of the Clemson offense may not be in the QBs or even Rbs- It might just
be in our wide receivers. All deep and talented! Just get these guys the ball. I know, you
can't forget about the run, but there has been some doubt about the OL. So just get Williams,
Cain, Scott, Renforw, and McCloud the ball (and co.).

3rd, have said it before-Going say it again...#28 should be our number two back. He's just
going get better and better. Especially if we can get him on the outside.

Then, hats off to the team for playing a near complete game- More than I expected.

And lastly....Still would like to see some shake-ups at OL and maybe even the secondary (Cb)
Other than that, great game.
Bring on Pitt.

Re: My thoughts on the game

Nov 6, 2016, 9:38 AM

I mostly agree with what you said. I watched Feaster yesterday when he didn't carry the ball. He missed only one block. Even on that one, he did enough to slow him down. He wasn't picking those blocks up earlier in the year. The coaches said he had trouble with the playbook as well. It looks like he has really worked all that out. I hold my breath every time he touches the ball just like I did with CJ! I think he has a chance to be special. Dabo isn't shy about playing talented freshman. I'm learning to trust his decision on the depth chart. I'm so glad Feaster got out there in real game time. I'm from the Spartanburg area originally, so I pull for Feaster a little harder. Living up here in Eastern NC now, it can be harder to find Clemson broadcasts.
I alsothink the o-line played better this week. The ones looked better. Syracuse is a little softer than most, but they schematically were in position better today. Especially Guillermo.
I think the entire team is a bunch of superstars. Offense, defense, and special teams. The future is indeed bright!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on the game

Nov 6, 2016, 9:47 AM

Ya gotta like the receivers!
Man, Cain just went off..and so did Williams.
They might be the strengh of the offense-"the receivers"

Little Confused, so does Schuessler have another year left ?

Nov 6, 2016, 10:39 AM

Reading the story .... can Schuessler come back next year if he wants, another year of eligibility left ? That would be most excellent !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he is a senior.***

Nov 6, 2016, 11:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No he is a senior.***

Nov 6, 2016, 11:18 AM

Just don't think it makes sense, long term- For CU.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic