Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder if 2019 offense will include more running
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Wonder if 2019 offense will include more running

Jul 26, 2019, 2:43 PM

opportunities for Trevor? Its a fine line to walk for Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott to maintain a balanced offensive attack as well simultaneously keeping an opposing defense "honest"

Gotta figure in most games Lawrence won't be in a large number of plays in the 2nd half anyhow....and I think Clemson has never fielded as talented a QB roster as this years. Having rs Chase Brice who has proven himself in difficult situations as the second option is a luxury....throw in Phommarchanh and there's a ton of potential....

So, I'm guessing that Trevor will become even more adept at taking what the defense gives him.....most of 'em can't stop the Tiger passing attack anyhow

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder if 2019 offense will include more running

Jul 26, 2019, 2:56 PM

I surly hope not, we will have a better chance of having another un-defeated season with a healthy TL. I'm not saying that our backups can't do us a good job bc I believe that they can, but it is said that TL is the best college QB for a reason, and I don't believe that it is bc of his RB abilities. That is why we have ETN and our stable of RB's for, and we don't use them for our passing attack....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 3:00 PM

"Sr Chase Brice"?

You mean RS Soph Chase Brice!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

hopefully, in the near future, I'll learn to type & edit

Jul 26, 2019, 3:03 PM

at the same time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 3:05 PM

Short answer - NO.

Long Answer - Trevor is the best passing QB in college football, possibly one of the best all time. We win with his arm, not his legs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 3:46 PM

He will run occasionally, but only if absolutely necessary.

Jul 26, 2019, 3:53 PM

Yeah, I think occasionally as needed. But unlike DW4 (or TB10 or KB2) he is not a natural runner. I panicked every time DW4 took off after his 2014 injury. After TL16 stumble/scramble ended up with him getting an MRI vs Syracuse last year.....let the backs carry the ball and he just focuses on throwing it. An occasional scramble for a 1st down should be enough to keep defenses honest. Besides he can pick em apart anyway...just throw 50/50 balls to Higgins, Ross, Ngata and Ladson (and others). Its enough to win with.

Jul 26, 2019, 5:08 PM

More running by TL would be insane. With the stud skill position players in this offense supported by one of the top O-lines in the country, what in the world would be the point?

When you have strong horses, you ride 'em hard. There is no reason to put TL in additional harms way.

Maybe in the CFP if they want show the opposing defense something they hadn't done all season, perhaps. But only if necessary.

Dabo has said he wants to see him extend plays with his legs

Jul 26, 2019, 5:17 PM

Probably not a lot more designed runs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 5:21 PM

Run him sparingly so when he does in a big moment it is a surprise, but I imagine his running will increase if we get to the playoffs and is deemed necessary.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 6:05 PM

Our run blocking has been fairly poor, and we've thus far been unable to establish any kind of consistent run game. All of our upfront OL guys this coming season are over 300 pounds, so I hope they can get it done. Frankly, I'm not that optimistic since these guys were backups last season. We'll see.

Jul 26, 2019, 6:45 PM

Yes your run blocking has been very poor as well as your running backs. Maybe Muscoot can light a fire under them and some of those three hundred pound marshmellows can get in somebody's way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic