Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the return of Mike Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

With the return of Mike Williams

Feb 12, 2016, 2:40 PM

Who else thinks Artavis Scott has a huge year??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's pretty amazing, dood had 93 receptions in '15, but was

Feb 12, 2016, 2:45 PM

limited in explosive plays by some injuries.

that's a quiet and tough 93 receptions, but agree, healthy with mw opposite, art will hopefully be back in big play form.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's pretty amazing, dood had 93 receptions in '15, but was

Feb 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

He yards were down because the short passes when we needed a first down. I am sure all Ds were keying in on him. With all the talent we have it will be tough for him to get as many catches but I see him around 90 again with more explosive plays now that MW is back I think he will be double more than AS.

Feb 12, 2016, 2:50 PM

Doubled*

Feb 12, 2016, 3:22 PM [ in reply to it's pretty amazing, dood had 93 receptions in '15, but was ]

That really is amazing, since he only played half of one quarter in game 1 before going down with a neck injury. I think you meant'14.

i'm going to be nice, the op was discussing art scott's

Feb 12, 2016, 3:23 PM

contribution, so i included art scott's contribution in 2015.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the return of Mike Williams

Feb 12, 2016, 3:15 PM

He'll have a great year. Let's face it, Mike is the guy they'll most fear. He's great across the middle and on the deep balls. He's the one they'll be keying on the most freeing up Artavis for the sweeps, flanker screens, tunnel screens.....and, he's a deep ball catcher too!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 3:24 PM

I hope Cain gets his act together. Has anyone heard anything else about Hopper? I read that he was missing classes, may be wrong though.

I see McCloud having a big year, finally getting into the swing of things.

McLoud...

Feb 12, 2016, 3:27 PM

I am not sold at all on McCloud at WR. He didn't show anything too see promise at that position. I am not trying to be harsh, but I just haven't seen it. Which freshman will McCloud be competing against for his position?

McCloud**

Feb 12, 2016, 3:27 PM

nm

don't know that it's been determined, but chase, powell

Feb 12, 2016, 3:28 PM [ in reply to McLoud... ]

seem the two options; do is at the boundary.

Re: don't know that it's been determined, but chase, powell

Feb 12, 2016, 3:30 PM

Have we seen McCloud in the return game? We have to get better in the return game, non-existent lately.

Pwell looks amazing in the return game on film.**

Feb 12, 2016, 3:31 PM

nm

Re: Pwell looks amazing in the return game on film.**

Feb 12, 2016, 3:33 PM

I think CP will be in the 2 deep for sure. Maybe he gets a shot at return.

Those guys are studs too. McCloud to DB maybe?**

Feb 12, 2016, 3:30 PM [ in reply to don't know that it's been determined, but chase, powell ]

nm

not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more

Feb 12, 2016, 3:36 PM

than a year to transition from a hs rb to the 2.

he's all football player though, he's going to be successful anywhere if healthy.

It may just be that we are truly too deep for him to shine..

Feb 12, 2016, 3:41 PM

at WR. He didn't even show a glimmer pf being a stud at WR last year. It felt like it was a wasted play almost every time we threw to him this past season. The good news is that if he starts he has earned it and he is playing well.

Re: It may just be that we are truly too deep for him to shine..

Feb 12, 2016, 3:45 PM

Well he was a true freshmen

True, but we have seen freshman look great for us..

Feb 12, 2016, 3:47 PM

It's not like it is far fetched for a true frosh to show promise at WR at Clemson. The list goes ona and on. It hasn't been a problem in the past.

again, he's playing a new position; he was a rb in hs.

Feb 12, 2016, 3:52 PM

he's a natural with the ball in his hands. i would have liked to have seen him as an early enrollee with the position change, but it wasn't in the cards.

and then of course the injury set him back, but...

the kid is dynamic, can't wait for him to develop, where ever that may be.

Re: again, he's playing a new position; he was a rb in hs.

Feb 12, 2016, 3:57 PM

To me McCloud looks insanely explosive on the short stuff like screens. Shiftier than Scott but Scott likes to/can lay hits on defenders more.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look forward to seeing it.**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to again, he's playing a new position; he was a rb in hs. ]

nm

Re: True, but we have seen freshman look great for us..

Feb 12, 2016, 3:56 PM [ in reply to True, but we have seen freshman look great for us.. ]

Except for Sammy I don't remember any having that great of a year.
Scott had a good year that's 2

Cain...There is a 3.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:10 PM

nm

Hopkins was our leading WR as a freshman.. There is 4.**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:12 PM

nm

Re: Hopkins was our leading WR as a freshman.. There is 4.**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:30 PM

We scored about 100 pts that year and went 6-7.
Cain had a decent year this season nothing great about it.

Nothing great about what you saw from Cain? SMH**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:35 PM

nm

Re: Nothing great about what you saw from Cain? SMH**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:37 PM

With out looking it up he had like 300 yards and 4 TDs.
He is a stud but was a true Fresh and will have better years.
Just like Ray Ray will

You're in denial on Cain.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:45 PM

We all know we lost a stud that we needed for the Natty. We didn't feel like MCloud was changing anything. As far as Cain, dude had 4 straight games with a TD and it was obvious he will be playing on Sunday's one day. Cain is a stud and it was obvious to most every Tiger fan other than yourself. Cain had 5 TD's and averaged 17 yards per catch and had a stretch of 4 games in a row with a TD before his suspension.

dc had 13 catches in the first half of the season, 34 for

Feb 12, 2016, 4:49 PM

they year.

ray-ray, hurt in the first minutes of fsu still ended with 29, most before he was hurt.

they play different positions, one stretches the field, one is a skirmisher.

they're both good at what they do.

That's neat, but we are talking about the season.

Feb 12, 2016, 5:00 PM

Cain eventually went off. We know we have a stud in Cain. We knew we had a stud in Sammy. We knew we had a stud in Hopkins. We knew we had a stud in Scott. All of this at WR is the point. I am not remotely questioning that McCloud could be a stud in some form. He didn't look good to me at WR. That's all I am saying. He may end up a stud and I am a Tiger fan who loves all the players. Why wouldn't I be thrilled? I am just saying am not seeing it. I see some serious studs coming in that will need PT too.. He has his hands full if he is anything like last year. He may be way better though. That will be awesome. I am pulling for him. I pull for all of our players. I just didn't see it this past season. This will be his year to shine coming up. He came in ad that must have been tough.. Just because I say I didnt the potential at WR doesn't mean that I don't think it is possible for him to shine this year. The coaches saw something in practice and they know what they are talking about.

yes, sammy started from day one...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:12 PM

art did not, nuk did not, deon did not and they moved charone to 9 in front of tt and dc after mw went down.

tt was 2 on the depth chart before dc finally over took him and good thing he did.

i would only put art in sammy's class as true freshmen, but that's me.

we have 2 five star studs coming back in '16, both i'd agree had their moments - ray ray rushed the ball and has the best kor avg returning as well - fingers crossed deon does what it takes to get back in the good graces.

again, i agree you see it differently and that's ok - nothing wrong with that. don't know why this continues, but a bit of perspective seemed in order.

True, but by season's end we knew on all of those guys.

Feb 12, 2016, 5:15 PM

As of now we have no idea about Ray Ray. Starting isn't the issue anyway. Even before those guys started you could see they were the real deal. I agree though. It's not about agreeing. This "bored"" would be boring if we all agreed at all time.

you

Feb 12, 2016, 5:16 PM

don't have an idea.

i believe he will be a stud, no matter where he ends up.

None of us hae an idea..

Feb 12, 2016, 5:21 PM

He hasn't shown us anything yet either way. I bet he could be a stud cb when looking at his film. CB and return man. Stud! I am nnot seeing WR. I know I am speculating. We all are.

to you he hasn't, to me he has and apparently to others...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:23 PM

as well.

YOU can see anything you gosh dang ####### see and i'm going see what i see.

OK?

I concur...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:26 PM

There people all over the map on this issue. There was a thread awhile back that someone else started where people were debating a position change for him. Tigerbalm posted videos of him at CB. I am just having a friendly debate like people often do with sports. Like you said, nobody knows. That's why there is speculation. Nobody really knows if he is definitely the real deal at WR, either way.

i couldn't disagree more - he's #2 behind art scott because

Feb 12, 2016, 5:33 PM

the coaches see him there, so someone knows where they see him best, until they don't.

he's electric, dynamic & natural carrying the rock - he's all football player, a coach's son and when healthy will shine anywhere he plays; he's that good.

now, you see something different, which once and for all is way kewl.

good convo, but please stop using "we", at least when i'm involved - i won't speak for the rest. please?

anyway, i've got to run, have a good night.

Okay

Feb 12, 2016, 6:02 PM

You and I both think we know. WE will find out. The best thing that happens is that he is great or is beat out by someone great at WR. Win..win I am pulling for him. Have a great weekend. Go Tigers!!

Re: to you he hasn't, to me he has and apparently to others...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to to you he hasn't, to me he has and apparently to others... ]

Excatly

Re: You're in denial on Cain.

Feb 12, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to You're in denial on Cain. ]

So Bama beat is because Cain didn't play?
It took DC half the year to get going and he will be a stud no doubt.
But he was not a Sammy this season, not even close .

Who said Bama beat us because Cain didn't play?

Feb 12, 2016, 5:12 PM

Are you stoned? No, I never said that. There are so many variables as to why we lost. Cain was a loss though and everyone knew it. Cain was a stud and we knew we are losing a stud going into that game.

Re: True, but we have seen freshman look great for us..

Feb 12, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to True, but we have seen freshman look great for us.. ]

Ray Ray looked great what are you talking about?????

We saw something different. Looked weak at WR imho**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:10 PM

nm

Re: We saw something different. Looked weak at WR imho**

Feb 12, 2016, 4:12 PM

So you don't think he made plays??

Generally...No.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:14 PM

When we we went to him it was usually a wasted play. He had a few good plays, but overall, not impressive overall as a WR. I think he is just a tweener or we haven't found his role exactly yet.

Re: Generally...No.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:30 PM

Looked explosive everytime he touched the ball to me. Idk maybe we was watching the game from different views idk. I see what you are saying about running routes but when he touched the ball he did well everytime.

When he touched the ball...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:36 PM

yes he had potential. Problem was is that when we went to him it usually wasn't a catch. I don't question that he could be explosive with the ball in his hands. I am just taking overall as a WR.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Generally...No. ]

So 8.3 yards a touch is a waisted play??? Jw

You are not getting what I am saying...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:40 PM

That's decent for a WR, but that is neither here nor there. That said, that's when he catches the ball. Generally it was a wasted play and there was no catch. That's my point. Maybe he can't get open, or is learning to run routes, but they were generally a wasted play.

Re: You are not getting what I am saying...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:42 PM

Dude you make no sense. He maybe had 5 drops all year. He averaged 8.3 yeads a touch that is rush and recieving. 8.7 yards recieving how is that a waste?? You make zero sense.

Umm bud...

Feb 12, 2016, 4:48 PM

We're not talking about drops. We are talking about being able to get open and the play not being a bust. He usually couldn't even get to the ball when thrown to him or couldn't get it to it when we went to him. He didn't even have the chance to drop it. He never even got there. We will agree to disagree.

Re: Umm bud...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:07 PM

I guess we can agree to disagree but I don't get why you are downing him I think he did great for his first year as a WR. No he wasnt Sammy and nobody expected him to be. With the targets he got he made the best out of it!!

I am not exactly downing him...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:20 PM

In a way yes, but I am not trying to talk trash. I am just saying I have not noticed the great potential at WR yet. That's all. It wouldn't shock me a bit if we a little buried a bit at WR by season's end. It wouldn't shock me if he turned it on either. That's also a testament to how loaded we are becoming. He will have his chances and his moments though. I can't wait to watch. Good debate though.

Re: I am not exactly downing him...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:23 PM

I understand what you are saying. With all the talent coming in. I don't see the 3 coming in playing the same position tho. Maybe CP but I would put him outside with MW and DC. We will see though great problem to have when it is possible for Ray Ray with all his talent to not get many touches. Go Tigers!!!

Feb 12, 2016, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Generally...No. ]

I just don't get what world you love in when 8.3 yards a play is a waste.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:37 PM

Live*

It's not bad...cool.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Generally...No. ]

I am not talking about when he caught the ball. He is solid when he gets the ball in his hands. By the way, when he catches the ball he averages less than any WR on our team and it is substantially lower. You're getting too caught up in 8.3 yards. That's nothing special for a WR. That''s more like a TE stat. We don't need to agree though.

Re: It's not bad...cool.

Feb 12, 2016, 5:05 PM

8.3 a touch some were rushes. Idc how you look at it 8.3 a play is no waste. I don't know what you mean he didn't have a chance to drop it? I watched every play of every game. He may have had a couple of miscues as any Freshman would but he looks great at the slot.

Yes, but..he averaged 8.7 yards per catch...

Feb 12, 2016, 5:24 PM

That is by far the lowest of any contributor.

Re: Yes, but..he averaged 8.7 yards per catch...

Feb 12, 2016, 6:32 PM

It was about the same as Artavis ypc.

Re: Yes, but..he averaged 8.7 yards per catch...

Feb 12, 2016, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Yes, but..he averaged 8.7 yards per catch... ]

You think AS is no good at WR too??

Re: not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more

Feb 12, 2016, 3:58 PM [ in reply to not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more ]

Yes Ray Ray will continue to improve. I thought he looked great at WR idk what dude is talking about. Why is he hatin on Ray Ray. He did great on quick screens and sweeps. As well he got better at route running as the year went on. The offseason will help alot I believe.

he sees it differently, that's all.***

Feb 12, 2016, 3:59 PM

Re: he sees it differently, that's all.***

Feb 12, 2016, 4:01 PM

Get the ball in his hands it doesn't matter the position. He is amazing when he gets the rock. He had plenty of great plays last year!

Re: not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more

Feb 12, 2016, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more ]

McCloud just needs more time. Raw talent is there, but does too much spin moves like he's still at RB. A couple times this yr I thought he was going to get himself drilled into the ground. Jeff Scott will get him coached up at WR position.

I am not hating on Ray Ray at all..

Feb 12, 2016, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: not me, i believe ray-ray will be a star and will get more ]

I just think we are getting so stacked that he may get lost in the shuffle if he doesn't step it up. He may just step it up. I wasn't impressed with what I saw. I am not hating on him in the least. Just saying what I see. At a place like USCjr he would have plenty of time. He may have Chase and Powell coming in strong. I am not seeing it. He will have have a whole year in the system and may be awesome this season. Why wouldn't I want that. This is just the off-season and I am just speculating. Killing time.

No news is good news.

Feb 12, 2016, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: With the return of Mike Williams ]

He's in school and back with the team from what I herd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2016, 3:44 PM

If Cain can get his act together, he and Williams on the outside, Scott in the slot, and Leggett at tight end... Everyone will have a huge year. Throw in dw and the deepest stable of backs we've had in a long time (I. E. Flagler, flowers, allen) this has the potential to be one of the most dominant offenses in history.

Feb 13, 2016, 8:14 AM

I believe the same. 2016 may very well reveal Clemson Football the likes of which has never stepped into Death Valley. If Brent can give us a defense at 75% of what we had last year, How do we NOT make the Playoffs? Hindsight is never worse than 20/20 but pre-season last year there is no way you could have put Clemson in pre-season final 4. This year there is no way you can not put them there!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ME, ME, ME!!! I do I do.****

Feb 13, 2016, 7:12 AM

Feb 13, 2016, 12:05 PM

My selfish side hopes he has a mediocre statistical year so he can have an outstanding senior year.

But I want him to destroy defenses and have an amazing year and dip for the NFL this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 13, 2016, 2:27 PM

Ray Ray is going to be nasty. ### are you even saying

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic