Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the current setup we have in the ACC,....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

With the current setup we have in the ACC,....

Dec 3, 2018, 9:47 PM

we sometimes will go 12 years between seeing the same Coastal Division team twice in Death Valley. We have to play Ga Tech every year and then only one other Coastal team. It takes 6 years to face each of them at home and another 6 years to play each of them at their place.

Is it time to eliminate the permanent Coastal opponent and rotate two teams per year from the other division? This would allow us to see a better variety of teams at home and allow us to see venues other than Bobby Dodd stadium more often.

Is it time for a change in scheduling?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the current setup we have in the ACC,....

Dec 3, 2018, 9:50 PM

I don’t think it will happen. That would take away long standing rival games FSU/Miami, NC State/UNC and Wake/Duke

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:54 PM

You could move them into the same division and schedule those games at the end of the year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:59 PM

That would work. I would be ok with that. We could put Syracuse and Virginia in with all of the North Carolina schools and call that division the basketball division and name the other one the football division.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 9:54 PM

I totally agree, but the ACC is not likely to change until ESPN or ND force the issue in some unforeseen fashion. Personally I’d like ND and someone else, UCF, Temple, Navy or West Virginia, to create a full sixteen member conference with four geographic pods and a round robin schedule playing our three and six total from the other three pods per season. Have three non-conference opponents.

Go Tigers ??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to play a Georgia team every year for recruiting

Dec 3, 2018, 9:59 PM

In my opinion. It’s good exposure

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic