Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

With Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what

Jan 19, 2020, 10:02 AM

Will he use for team motivation?

I say 3 letters & 4 numbers.

LSU and 42-25.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what

Jan 19, 2020, 10:07 AM

We end up looking a little silly with the no respect in the end. We were flawed. That said, I completely agree with you. The motivation is that we obviously need to get better. That LSU game will help us next year for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what

Jan 19, 2020, 12:19 PM

Huh the media made that what it was. they kept asking about it. Dabo uses it for to motivate his team and the fact that the media, including guys who played college football, had no idea what Dabo was doing tells me way more about them. "Flawed" we lost to the #1 team and eventual national champ. Absolutely no shame in that. It amazes me that some of our very own parrot the national talking points as if this is their first year watching Dabo/Clemson football. Sorry but I just find this whole narrative an absolute joke. Dabo was using the disrespect card for the media or the fans or other teams, he was using it for the guys in his locker room. Something he has done time and time again and I'll just say it, it has friggin worked.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:21 PM

Meant to say Dabo DOESN'T use it for the media or fans or other teams.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:49 PM

I was always thought he used it strictly for motivation, but Big Dex said that Dabo talked him on the phone about it and Dabo was serious. I still have my doubts though.

Jan 19, 2020, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: With the Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what ]

Carlsbad® said:

We end up looking a little silly with the no respect in the end. We were flawed. That said, I completely agree with you. The motivation is that we obviously need to get better. That LSU game will help us next year for sure.

Clemson has been ranked top 10 for almost all of the last 5 years, 29 straight wins, 5 straight appearances in the national championship, and you’re only NOW realizing that the no respect card is silly? Better late than never, but the rest of the country caught on years ago.

Not trolling, but Clemson needs to put at least one quality opponent every year before the CFP, preferably 2. Losing 3 out of 5 natty’s has gotta be tough on the coaching staff... need to battle test as soon as possible.

Jan 19, 2020, 10:35 PM

Your reply is just... ugh. Why are you so salty?

Jan 19, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: With the Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what ]

so how are we supposed to do this with schedules being settled several years in advance? and we have also witnessed the fortunes of many teams having changed between schedule and game day.

Jan 20, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: With the Lil Ole ClemPson & no respect card out the window this year for Dabo, what ]

Agree. I think we've heard the last of the respect complaint. If it's tried next year, it'll go like this:

Us: We get no respect. All last year they said we were no good because we hadn't played anybody.

Them: You actually did play somebody.... LSU. How'd you do against them?

Game over.

We need to develop a D-line, O-line, TE, punter and improve the secondary. In addition, the coaches need to make some small changes to the playbook, along with an in-depth study of our own tendencies on Offense. Dang, that's about the whole team that needs work!

And us fans (alumni or not) need to stop doing what we accused LSU of doing.... acting like all we need to do is show up and receive the trophy.

We thought it was out for last year too***

Jan 19, 2020, 10:12 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably will use LBB's trolling posts of Clemson

Jan 19, 2020, 10:30 AM

as motivation throughout the off season and during. ;)

hey Feraltyger, that’s one mean asse Tiger profile pic you have there

Jan 19, 2020, 10:34 AM

Whoa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except Dabo probably has a drunk in public policy

Jan 19, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Probably will use LBB's trolling posts of Clemson ]

So doubt he’ll use anything from him to motivate

Jan 19, 2020, 12:11 PM

How about the photo opts of LSU at the White House!

If we win one early season game by only 3 points...

Jan 19, 2020, 12:18 PM

We’ll drop 2 or 3 spots in the poll, and then it’s back on.

I have complete faith that the national media will completely forget everything we’ve done in the last 5 years come September.

~JKB

Re: If we win one early season game by only 3 points...

Jan 19, 2020, 12:22 PM

Because what we did over the last 5 years doesnt have much to do with next season. They will just see how we look next year. They dont really care what Deshaun Watson and Christian Wilkins did.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:44 PM

Coach Swinney has built in all the emotion that his teams need with his approach to the game. You see it every day with every practice, with every media report and certainly with every game. It’s a big part of what Clemson football is all about. If you question the emotion of his teams attend one of his practice sessions and observe the emotion, the precision , the quality and the determination of his players. Add to that the respect and admiration that they all have for each other and you can see why this team wins and wins big.

Big time football, as Clemson plays it, starts early and lasts a long time.

2020 will be a great year. Leave it up to the coach and his staff to do things the Clemson way.... and don’t interfere with a rash of negativism.

Jan 19, 2020, 1:09 PM

Wish we could play LSU again.

As long as the national media pushes it's

Jan 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

Agenda like it was pushed this year Dabo can use it. The national media with their unashamed SEC bias is where this is all created on a plate for Clemson.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you put a P in Clemson?

Jan 19, 2020, 4:24 PM

Curious

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic