Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB by committee ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

QB by committee ...

Feb 12, 2018, 10:55 AM

Since Clemson's schedule is so soft for the upcoming season, should all 3 QB's play in every game ?

The smothering defense should provide the offense with plenty of possessions each game.

That way, the Tigers will have a "bull-pen" like Bama come playoff time.

Also, the Tigers should play "angry" ... look what that did for Bama ... they couldn't even win their division, but as soon as they got "angry" they won.

Yes. This is for real.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB by committee ...

Feb 12, 2018, 11:05 AM

Wouldn't be a bad idea except its hard to have 2-3 different kinds of play style on offense with lots of RPO's for Kelly B and deep shots for HJ and TL it could confuse the players a bit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 11:44 AM

I'd imagine they're still going to use RPOs frequently with Hunter and TL. They may just option to pass more frequently. TL can throw a dart on the run.

Feb 12, 2018, 11:13 AM

I'm thinking that would work really well for Georgia Tech. A different QB could come in for every play and then there would be no question as to who was going to talk to Paul Johnson before every play to tell the offense which side to run the option!

I've always heard by football people smarter than me

Feb 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

That if you have two quarterbacks, you have none.

Not even sure what that even really means, I just know that there is a really negative connotation among high-profile coaches to playing two quarterbacks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think all clemson qbs should win every game

Feb 12, 2018, 11:19 AM

And should give me the winning lotto numbers..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I think all clemson qbs should win every game

Feb 12, 2018, 11:27 AM

How about we play one every quarter!!!!Therefore, everything is fair and no one can whine. The one that is proving to be the best can play every 4th quarter. Sounds like a great strategy and therefore freshman and seniors get to play. Then at the end of the year everyone get an award sorta like Upward!!

Message was edited by: CUPeake19

I expect that all 4 will play some this season

Feb 12, 2018, 11:29 AM

Heck we might see 5 of them play if we run Kendrick at Wildcat.

With this defense, we probably could win out in the regular season with any of the 5 starting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If KB is beaten out, how about trying him at TE?***

Feb 12, 2018, 11:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt he could add the necessary weight for TE

Feb 13, 2018, 11:15 PM

He suffers from Chrons Disease. He did have successful surgery a while back.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With our overall quality depth, expect a very high tempo on

Feb 12, 2018, 11:58 AM

offense. So, we should be able to get a lot of quality reps for backups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With our overall quality depth, expect a very high tempo on

Feb 12, 2018, 11:58 AM

offense. So, we should be able to get a lot of quality reps for backups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With our overall quality depth, expect a very high tempo on

Feb 12, 2018, 12:20 PM

How about we play the qb that can execute every phase of the offense. If that Trevor or HJ then let's saddle up with one of them. If KB improves his passing and is the best qb, then let's saddle up with him again. Our offense is filled with to many playmakers not to have the right guy in regardless of class rank. Our DL came back to lead the charge for another title, and let's get a QB into there that can make every play.

Feb 12, 2018, 12:26 PM

Addressing a couple points...

...KB is now a senior. He's played only quarterback. He's kind of committed to that path. He was apparently approached a couple years back about his interest in changing positions...and he wasn't. Instead he spent a lot of time working in the offseason with guys like Ramon Robinson to improve his throwing. The time for switching spots was then; KB is committed to playing QB, and that's that. Keep in mind we have some of the most elite 5-star WR's ever recruited in college football; it just isn't realistic to expect Bryant to "switch to wideout" and beat one of them out. He'd play the "9" spot...where we have Overton, Higgins, and now Justyn Ross - all elite prospects, all likely future NFL guys, a former 4-star and two 5's. He does not have the same body type and athletic skillset as Braxton Miller, who was more of a slash-type/slot WR when he switched at OSU.

He's not big enough to be a tight end.

He has the size and athleticism to play safety if he switches to defense. Where he'd be up against the likes of guys with similar athleticism and size, namely, Tanner Muse and Isaiah Simmons. There's more opportunity there but it's still a big ask; those guys are future NFL as well. And they've been doing it a whole lot longer.

So KB's a QB, likely now and forever. Period.

I will admit, if I was KB, I'd keep an eye on the horde behind him...because he still has that redshirt season in his pocket. That might end up being his saving grace. If he gets overtaken, the best thing for KB (if not for Clemson) might be to use that redshirt season, graduate from Clemson...and then, as a graduated player, use his free transfer to play his redshirt senior season somewhere he could potentially elevate his draft stock. Two places I might keep an eye on if I were KB would be Auburn, where Malzahn runs the original version of the offense Chad Morris built here at Clemson...or Arkansas, where Chad Morris now is the head coach and certainly doesn't have a QB of the quality of KB yet. I think he'd likely start either place. Dan Mullen at UF is also going to be in the market for a dual-threat at UF, keep in mind the offense Mullen runs is the same Urban Meyer runs at OSU, which likewise requires a DT guy.

But that's all hypothetical. KB will have no shortage of options. Keep in mind he's 6'4", 220...combined with that freaky athleticism, there will be several teams in the NFL that take a look at him and wonder if he can be developed. He's not far off from being a Cam Newton, physically.

Keep in mind also, he hasn't even been beaten out yet. And KB has improved dramatically ever year; he might still have a big jump left in him.

Feb 12, 2018, 1:58 PM

Haha. Cam newton (the college version) and KB should never be mentioned in the same stratosphere. Cam is 30 pounds heavier and his athleticism and play making ability is night and day ahead of KBs.

We need to get one of them ready for post season.***

Feb 12, 2018, 12:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 1:26 PM

To complete the Christian Wilkins for Heisman campaign,we need at least one formation where he is the QB... right? Make it look like a jumbo wildcat. Have one WR/TE sneak through a seam just in case?
just sayin.

Absolutely NOT !!!!***

Feb 12, 2018, 4:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 13, 2018, 10:57 PM

Start Lawrence and let the Heisman committee decide

Feb 14, 2018, 3:27 AM

If you want to go this route, we should pull some of our other players to play qb too

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic