Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With our dominant win over Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

With our dominant win over Bama

Jan 13, 2019, 5:44 PM

for the Natty, I think it clearly proves Georgia didn't belong in the CFP discussion. However, if they wanted to make an argument for them getting in (for whatever reason) it would have been very gratifying to smoke them just like we did their big brother of the mighty SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree.

Jan 13, 2019, 6:07 PM

Even if we were having this conversation three weeks ago I see it this way: the purpose of the playoff committee has never been to determine who the fourth best team is. Their job is to set up a four team playoff field to determine who the best team is. This four team playoff field is set up for us to find out who the best team is based on things that have NOT ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED during the regular season or conference championship games. I don’t know why this fact escapes so many well meaning fans. Playoff expansion is a frivolous thing to do. The committee put a four team field together that gave us an undisputed national champion again. This season either and undefeated ND or Clemson would’ve been left out of the BCS championship game. Both deserved a shot and under the BCS system one of them would not have gotten it. This is the only reason why we went to a four team playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I totally agree.

Jan 13, 2019, 6:46 PM

Absolutely man. The old BCS system was an equivalent to them telling us who the best two teams were. Just like Espin and other media would like to do. Instead, now it allows for undefeated Power 5's to join in and settle it on the field.

Re: With our dominant win over Bama

Jan 13, 2019, 6:40 PM

Georgia getting destroyed by Texas proves they didn't belong.

Jan 13, 2019, 6:57 PM

This four team playoff field is set up for us to find out who the best team is based on things that have NOT ALREADY BEEN DETERMINED during the regular season

AMEN! These SEC "do overs" have been ridiculous.

Jan 13, 2019, 7:05 PM

Yeah, as much as I would love to beat Bama again either in the semis or championship next year just to add to Dabo's legacy, it would be very sweet if we were able to play UGA instead and destroy them. That could potentially be more important for us in the long run since we go head to head with UGA for several recruit every year and only a couple usually come down to us vs Bama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic